How to buy API3 (API3) in Australia
A beginner's guide to buying and selling API3 in Australia.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
How to buy API3
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying API3.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports API3.
Jump to our table to compare popular options — just remember that most exchanges require an email address, phone number and proof of ID to register.
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy API3.
- Buy API3.
Complete your API3 purchase and then find the best wallet to store API3.
What is API3?
API3 is a project which aims to solve the way blockchains are connected to outside data sources. It is aimed at building, managing and monetising decentralized APIs at scale. That way, API3 will enable smart contracts to provide timely reliable and real-world data. It raised $3 million in seed funding in November 2020. API3 is the native token of the API3 project and holders can earn weekly staking rewards by contributing the API3 tokens into the insurance pool. It also gives token holders governance rights so they can obtain direct voting privileges in API3.
API3 (API3) is the 371st largest cryptocurrency in the world by market cap, valued at $65,404,188. The current price of API3 is $2.65, which is -2.128% lower than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $3.2 and $2.54 over the past 24 hours. All prices are listed in US dollars and accurate as of June 21, 2021 07:06 UTC.
Where to buy API3Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade API3 by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
API3 at a glance
|Total API3 supply||100,000,000|
|All time high||US$10.30|
|All time high date||April 07, 2021|
|Notable team members||Heikki Vänttinen, Burak Benligiray, Saša Milić|
|Partnerships||DAFI, Bridge Mutual, MobiFi, Royale Finance, OptionRoom, Royale Finance, Wootrade Network, Pocket Network|
|Token uses||Governance, staking|
API3 price performance over time
How to sell API3
You can cash out your API3 with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have API3 on.
If you store your API3 in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of API3 you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of API3.
What to consider when buying API3Investing in a cryptocurrency asset carries significant risks, particularly if it’s a new cryptocurrency like API3 which was only launched in November 2020. Here are some of the important factors to consider before investing in API3:
- Supply. The initial circulating supply was 20 million tokens with the remaining tokens vested for up to 3 years for the founders. The initial total supply was 100 million tokens, however it is designed so that there are inflationary rewards for stakers.
- Staking. API3 token holders can stake API3 to earn weekly rewards. The staking pool meanwhile serves as collateral for on-chain insurance.
- Governance. As an API3 token holder you can participate in the governance of API3. It provides economic incentive for voting as stakers receive a portion of dAPI revenue and their staked tokens are collateral for on-chain insurance.
- Payments. API3 charges a subscription fee for dApps using the dAPI network and data providers receive payment in API3 tokens. By staking API3 tokens tokenholders will receive a portion of the dAPI revenue.
- Inflation &
- deflation. The API3 token has an inflationary and a deflationary mechanic. Staking will generate inflationary rewards. But it is also designed so the API3 DAO burns its revenue causing deflation.
More guides on Finder
Amazon Prime Day 2021: Don’t miss these deals on 21 June
Amazon Prime Day is returning to Australia in the first half of 2021. Here are six online deals you need to know about.
How to buy TitanSwap (TITAN) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the TitanSwap (TITAN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Canterbury Bulldogs vs St George Illawarra Dragons NRL: Start time and watch free
The one-win Bulldogs return after a bye, hopefully refreshed and ready to meet the Dragons.
NSW first home owners tax reform offers 25K grants
First home buyers in NSW could be given up to $25,000 towards their first home purchase – find out if you're eligible.
24 PlayStation 5 consoles are up for grabs this long weekend
eBay is giving away 24 PlayStation 5 prize packs this long weekend - here's how to enter.
Does anyone actually need Twitter Blue?
Here's everything included in Twitter Blue and how much it costs.
How to watch UFC 263 Adesanya vs Vettori 2 live in Australia
Undisputed champion Israel Adesanya is ready for his long-awaited rematch against Marvin Vettori in Arizona.
HBO Max Gossip Girl reboot: new trailer drops ahead of Australian broadcast
An updated version of Gossip Girl is coming our way – and it looks too good to miss.
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: 50% off 4K TVs, $200 off Dyson vacuum cleaners, win $10,000 with Optus.
Paul Gallen vs Justis Huni: Fight time and how to watch live online
Undefeated heavyweight Justis Huni and former NRL star Paul Gallen are ready for battle as Termination Day approaches.
Latest crypto guides
Ask an Expert