How to buy Alpha Finance (ALPHA) in Australia
A beginner's guide to buying and selling ALPHA in Australia.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
How to buy Alpha Finance
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying Alpha Finance.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports ALPHA.
Jump to our table to compare popular options — just remember that most exchanges require an email address, phone number and proof of ID to register.
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy Alpha Finance.
- Buy Alpha Finance.
Complete your Alpha Finance purchase and then find the best wallet to store ALPHA.
What is Alpha Finance?
Alpha Finance Lab is a DeFi platform that focuses on leveraged yield farming. It aims to allow users to operate across a variety of different crypto ecosystems, including Ethereum and Binance Smart Chain (BSC). The platform uses a system where users can lend cryptocurrency to serve as leverage for farms as well as take advantage of that lending by juicing up their yields through the funds provided. The platform’s native token offering is ALPHA, which can be used for a variety of different purposes. For example, the tokens can be used for staking in order to cover any loans that have been defaulted on. Furthermore, the tokens can also be used for on-chain governance purposes such as voting as well as liquidity mining.
Alpha Finance (ALPHA) is the 214th largest cryptocurrency in the world by market cap, valued at $182,769,687. The current price of Alpha Finance is $0.635918, which is -1.389% lower than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $0.671488 and $0.628459 over the past 24 hours. All prices are listed in US dollars and accurate as of June 16, 2021 10:06 UTC.
Where to buy Alpha FinanceFind an exchange to buy, sell and trade ALPHA by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
Alpha Finance at a glance
|Total ALPHA supply||1,000,000,000|
|All time high||US$2.93|
|All time high date||February 06, 2021|
|Notable team members||Tascha Punyaneramitdee, Nipun Pitimanaare|
|Partnerships||Compound Finance, SCB 10X|
|Token uses||Utility token|
|Network||Binance Smart Chain, Ethereum|
Alpha Finance price performance over time
How to sell Alpha Finance
You can cash out your ALPHA with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have ALPHA on.
If you store your Alpha Finance in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of ALPHA you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Alpha Finance.
What to consider when buying Alpha FinanceBelow are the aspects you should consider before investing in ALPHA:
- Novel governance framework: Even though Alpha Finance Lab is basically structured like a decentralized autonomous organization (DAO), affording ALPHA holders the ability to vote on how the platform should be run as well as on certain specifics regarding future Alpha products, the governance module is split into two levels: product-level governance and finance-level governance.
- Solid dev team: The Alpha Finance Lab core dev team consists of Tascha Punyaneramitdee, who was previously the head of strategy for another prominent crypto project called Band Protocol. She has previously also served as a product manager for tech giant Tencent from 2018 to 2020. Other noteworthy team members include Nipun Pitimanaaree, a Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) graduate who was previously the recipient of a gold medal at the International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO) for four years running.
- DeFi accessibility: Alpha Finance Lab’s various product offerings seek to make the DeFi ecosystem more accessible to everyone. For example, Alpha Homora is the first platform within this burgeoning space to introduce to the world the concept of “leveraged yield farming,” which allows users to borrow from both depositors in Alpha as well as other platforms (such as Cream) in a fully automated, undercollateralized manner.
- Similarly, AlphaX is one of the world’s first Uniswap-style perpetual swap decentralized exchanges that does not make use of any order books. As a result, it allows more crypto users to gain access to a whole host of unique financial offerings, such as leverage trading without having to go into the nitty-gritty of the concept.
- Limited token supply: Another facet of this project is that it has a capped token supply — only a total of 1 billion ALPHA will ever be produced. Of this figure, a total of 174.1 million tokens were released during the launch of the platform.
More guides on Finder
Amazon Prime Day 2021: Don’t miss these deals on 21 June
Amazon Prime Day is returning to Australia in the first half of 2021. Here are six online deals you need to know about.
How to buy TitanSwap (TITAN) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the TitanSwap (TITAN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Canterbury Bulldogs vs St George Illawarra Dragons NRL: Start time and watch free
The one-win Bulldogs return after a bye, hopefully refreshed and ready to meet the Dragons.
NSW first home owners tax reform offers 25K grants
First home buyers in NSW could be given up to $25,000 towards their first home purchase – find out if you're eligible.
24 PlayStation 5 consoles are up for grabs this long weekend
eBay is giving away 24 PlayStation 5 prize packs this long weekend - here's how to enter.
Does anyone actually need Twitter Blue?
Here's everything included in Twitter Blue and how much it costs.
How to watch UFC 263 Adesanya vs Vettori 2 live in Australia
Undisputed champion Israel Adesanya is ready for his long-awaited rematch against Marvin Vettori in Arizona.
HBO Max Gossip Girl reboot: new trailer drops ahead of Australian broadcast
An updated version of Gossip Girl is coming our way – and it looks too good to miss.
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: 50% off 4K TVs, $200 off Dyson vacuum cleaners, win $10,000 with Optus.
Paul Gallen vs Justis Huni: Fight time and how to watch live online
Undefeated heavyweight Justis Huni and former NRL star Paul Gallen are ready for battle as Termination Day approaches.
Latest crypto guides
Ask an Expert