Compare flights to Houston for 2020
Find deals and low fares on flights to Houston, Texas from Australia
Houston, Texas is a youthful, multicultural city which offers a thriving cosmopolitan contrast to the rest of Texas. Visitors will find an array of historical, cultural and sporting opportunities to visit, including the Houston Space Centre, world-class museums, art galleries, green spaces and a booming restaurant scene.
People flying from Australia to Houston will land at George Bush International Airport (IAH) or William P. Hobby Airport (HOU) on certain domestic flights. You can find flight deals to Houston with several airlines flying via the United States as well as via New Zealand.
See our Houston flight deals
What you can expect to pay for cheap flights to Houston
Flights from Australia will land at George Bush International Airport or William P. Lobby Airport. Here's what's considered to be a cheap flight compared to the average cost of a flight from Australia to Houston.
Flights to Houston from Sydney
Flights to Houston from Melbourne
Flights to Houston from Brisbane
Flights to Houston from Perth
Houston flight times
- From Sydney: 17 hrs 50 mins+ with a stopover, landing at either Houston George Bush International Airport or William P. Hobby Airport
- From Melbourne: 19 hrs+ with a stopover, landing at either Houston George Bush International Airport or William P. Hobby Airport
- From Brisbane: 18 hrs 25 mins with a stopover, landing at either Houston George Bush International Airport or William P. Hobby Airport
- From Perth: 23 hr 45 mins+ with two stopovers, landing at either Houston George Bush International Airport or William P. Hobby Airport
Airlines that fly to Houston
- Air Canada
- Air New Zealand
- Singapore Airlines
- United Airlines
Houston insider flight tips
- Flight deals to Houston will involve one long flight and (at least) one shorter flight.
- If you do transit via LAX, remember that you'll have to clear customs and baggage in between flights. Make sure your transit time allows for this as security queues can be long.
- You will need an ESTA visa to enter the US and this documentation needs to be acquired and carried with you when you arriv.
How to get from the airport
Houston is 32 km from George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) and 17km from Hobby Airport (HOU). From IAH, you can take public bus 102 (with a luggage compartment) from Terminal C, which takes between 1 and 1.5 hours to downtown Houston. You will need cash to purchase a ticket from the driver and you may need to take a second bus or a taxi from the bus’s drop off point to your destination.
For a more direct service, you can arrange for an airport pick-up with your hotel. Courtesy phones are located in the baggage claim area. If you want to take a private shuttle bus or a taxi, you can find them by following the signs to the ground transportation area. Private shuttles can be booked online in advance or at ticket counters in each terminal. Airport staff will flag a taxi for you or you can use a courtesy phone if it is between 12am and 7am.
Renting a car is a popular option when visiting Texas. A “Rental Car Shuttle” bus departs each terminal for the rental car centre every five minutes, taking around five minutes to get there. You just need to follow the signs to the ground transportation area and then look for the “Rental Car” signs.
If you are arriving on a domestic flight into Hobby Airport (HOU), just follow the signs to the ground transportation area to find transport. From here, METRO Bus 40 goes to downtown Houston with a journey time of around one hour. You can also get a private shuttle or a taxi from this area. You can find the rental car counters in the baggage claim area.
Ask an Expert