Going on a trip and need to book a room? Here are some of the best places to find a great deal to book hotels online.
Online booking sites allow you to compare the world’s hotels to find the best deal. Whether you like to stay in only the finest establishments, want to rent a flat and immerse yourself in the local scene, or are looking to stick to a budget, there are literally thousands of options out there. You just need to know where to look.
Which agents don’t charge a booking fee?
- Millennium Hotels
- Virgin Australia
How much do these agents ask for a hotel deposit?
|Hotels.com||Varies depending on property|
|Expedia||No deposit required|
|Wotif||Varies depending on property|
|Webjet||No deposit required|
|Roomorama||Total reservation amount required at the time of booking|
|Booking.com||No deposit required|
|Turu||Total reservation amount required at the time of booking|
|Accor Hotels||Deposit required by some hotels|
|Groupon||Deposit may be required depending on the offer|
|Scoopon||Deposit may be required depending on the offer|
|Hotwire||Total reservation amount required at the time of booking|
|Gezi||Deposit varies depending on the property|
|Roomer||Total reservation amount required at the time of booking|
Which agents offer cheap rooms?
One of the most important things to consider when you want to find a cheap place to stay is that hotels, hostels, b&bs, guesthouses and holiday rentals will vary greatly in price depending on the time of year, the time of booking and how full they are. That’s why it's important to compare lots of different properties before making a reservation. You might be able to find a bargain on a normally pricier hotel if you book last minute and grab a room that is still unsold.
Renting whole apartments is another way to get more value from your accommodation. Sites like Roomorama or Turu tend to offer self contained accommodation. If you are sharing with a friend it could even be cheaper than a traditional hotel, and you can save extra by using the kitchen.
If you don’t mind shared accommodation, hostel booking sites are definitely a budget way to travel.
Always read the terms and conditions when making a reservation to get the best deal and take advantage of the price match guarantee. While most larger booking engines will offer comparable pricing (and often will advertise the same hotels) extras like taxes, booking fees and other charges can really add up over time. Larger sites such as Expedia, Booking.com and HotelsCombined advertise thousands of hotels at once and allow you to search by price, so you can book a hotel room that is on sale for your dates.
Which agents offer a Price Match Guarantee?
- Hotels.com – Price match guarantee for the same room in the same accommodation right up until you check in.
- Expedia – If you find a cheaper rate Expedia will match it and give you a $50 travel voucher, with some conditions.
- Wotif – Wotif will match any lower price for the same room and accommodation within 24 hours of booking, with some conditions.
- Webjet – Price match guarantee with any other price for the same accommodation available for booking online.
- HotelsCombined – HotelsCombined will refund the difference if you find the same accommodation for a lower price, unless it is a link provided by HotelsCombined.
- Booking.com – Price match guarantee with any other price for the same accommodation available for booking online.
- Accor Hotels – Accor Hotels will match any lower price available online, and then beat it by 10%.
Which sites let you book a hotel with Paypal?
Most larger booking sites will support PayPal payments, but it doesn’t necessarily mean you will be able to use it for all hotels. While the option is there, hotels themselves are often able to opt to accept the payment method or not. If a hotel accepts PayPal, you should see a little PayPal icon on the hotel information when you go to make a reservation.
Best hotel promo codes and deals July 2017
Show code & visit siteSW****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code