Hot air ballooning in Sydney: Deals, Locations and When to Go
Experience the bliss and exhilaration of floating through the sky.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
There’s something mysterious and romantic about hot air ballooning. You get up before dawn, take in the sunrise and watch as the balloon is readied. Then you get to float high above the trees watching the world pass below. The whole experience creates a sense of wonder.
Hot air ballooning deals in Sydney
Our top picks: Hot air ballooning you can book now
Best for price (cheapest): Hot Air Balloon Sydney Weekday Flight from Adrenaline
- Float over beautiful Hawkesbury Valley with views of the Blue Mountains
- Fly with Tourism Award winners
- Choice of with breakfast or without helps you to control costs
- Fly for just $259
Best for value:Hot Air Ballooning Over The Hunter Valley from Adrenaline
- Float over Australia’s oldest wine region
- Dine on a Champagne buffet breakfast at Crowne Plaza Resort
- Digital photos from flight included
- Fly for $279 and get 45-60 minutes in the air
Best for experience length: Hot Air Ballooning Over The Hunter Valley, With Breakfast from RedBalloon
- Soak in the early morning views of the Hunter Valley vineyards
- Celebrate with a glass of sparkling wine
- A la carte breakfast at a local winery
- Extra long flight gives you one hour of ballooning
Best for views: Hot Air Ballooning Over Sydney Macarthur Region from RedBalloon
- Experience views over the Blue Mountains and Macarthur region
- Amazing photo opportunities
- Finish with a gourmet a la carte breakfast and Champagne celebration
Where can I go hot air ballooning in Sydney?
The three main regions for hot air ballooning in Sydney are Macarthur Region, Hawkesbury River and the Hunter Valley.
- Macarthur Region: Soar above the Camden Valley, providing rural views just 50 minutes from the city.
- Hawkesbury River: Take to the skies above the picturesque waterway northwest of Sydney's CBD.
- Hunter Valley: Float above vineyards and rolling hills in New South Wales' premier wine region.
Hot air ballooning companies compared
|ExperienceOz||$299||Hunter Valley||1 hour||Tea and coffee on arrival; Champagne breakfast|
|ExperienceOz||$299||Macarthur region||1 hour||Tea and coffee on arrival; Champagne breakfast|
|Red Balloon||$289||Hunter Valley||1 hour||A la carte breakfast at a local winery; glass of sparkling wine|
|Red Balloon||$299||Macarthur region||1 hour||Gourmet Champagne breakfast|
|Adrenaline||$284($259 without breakfast)||Hawkesbury Valley||50-65 minutes||Hearty breakfast; flight certificate|
|Adrenaline||$279||Hunter Valley||Champagne buffet breakfast; access to digital photos from flight|
More guides on Finder
9 Northern Territory road trip itineraries for epic outback adventures
Hit the open outback road and explore some of the NT's most scenic national parks, waterfalls and hot springs.
10 best NSW road trips from Sydney
Experience the best twists and turns of NSW with these epic road trip itineraries that feature mountains, waterfalls and coastlines.
Hunter Valley tours, experiences and deals
Discover the wide range of Hunter Valley activities and experiences that you can do on a quick weekend away from Sydney for the ultimate city break.
Hot air ballooning in Canberra: A guide to the top experiences, locations and deals
Discover all the different ways to take to the skies over Canberra in a hot air balloon.
Hot air ballooning in Gold Coast: A guide to the top experiences, locations and deals
Find the top companies in the Gold Coast for hot air ballooning experiences that will blow you away.
Hot air ballooning in Cairns: A guide to the top experiences, locations and deals
Find out exactly how much you can save when soaring high above tropical north Queensland.
Hot air ballooning in Alice Springs: A guide to the top experiences, locations and deals
In Alice Springs and want to take to the skies? Find out everything you need to know about hot air ballooning in the Northern Territory.
Hot air ballooning in Brisbane: A guide to the top experiences, locations and deals
See Brisbane from the best possible angle – up high – with a hot air balloon experience that takes off just 30 minutes west of the Brisbane CBD.
Hot air ballooning in Perth: A guide to the top experiences, locations and deals
Here’s everything you need to know about seeing Western Australia from a bird's-eye view.
Hot air ballooning Adelaide: A guide to the top experiences, locations and deals
Compare hot air balloon companies in the Adelaide region on price, flight duration and inclusions.
Ask an Expert