Hop over to Hong Kong with flights from $485 return on Virgin Australia
Shopping, lights and, did we mention, shopping?
It seems that each month Virgin Australia has been plugging a Hong Kong sale and May is no different. This time though, the fares have dropped dramatically reaching starting prices of under $500 return.
The trick here is to use Aunt Betty's current promo code which takes $50 off any international return booking. So while the initial lead fare cost really is $485, you can take that down even further to $435 return when you book through this online travel agent.
Outside of the code, flights look like this:
- Melbourne – Hong Kong from $485 return
- Gold Coast – Hong Kong from $514 return
- Adelaide – Hong Kong from $522 return
- Sydney – Hong Kong from $514 return
- Brisbane – Hong Kong from $527 return
- Canberra – Hong Kong from $536 return
- Perth – Hong Kong from $602 return
All flights take off between May and June with some legs available in August and September.
This sale is available until seats sell out, but the $50 Aunt Betty code is only available until 31 May. Get it now with Aunt Betty here.
How good are these fares?
Our benchmark for cheap full-service Hong Kong flights is $500 or under, with this sale fitting the mark to a tee.
The downfall is that all the dates included in the sale are during wet season, which falls between May and September. It's when the area receives the highest rainfall and is prone to typhoons, which, in all honesty, is not the best time to travel but it is the cheapest as you can see. So if you need to travel or are on a super tight budget, these Virgin Australia flights can get you there for cheap.
If you're keen to visit during better weather, we found flights in December when the weather is better for $540 return on Virgin Australia through Skyscanner here which could work out better for a slightly higher price.
- NSW Dine and Discover vouchers extended: Best ways to use yours now
- The 5 best Flight Centre EOFY travel deals
- Virgin Australia announces free flights competition for vaccinated Aussies
- 5 ways to maximise your $200 Luxury Escapes COVID-19 vouchers
- Sydney Solstice Festival 2021: 10 unmissable things to do