Hop over to Hawaii from $598 return with Air New Zealand
Sun's out. Bums out.
Boxing Day deals might have started yesterday but for those of you who were too busy to catch wind of them, take heart. A stack of them are still running today including this beauty from Air New Zealand.
It's on Hawaii flights, starting at just $598 return.
Hold up. What's the catch? Well, as you're flying Air New Zealand you'll have to fly via Auckland to get there. Though we've checked and the connections aren't too long, lasting around two hours if you pick the right flight.
These fares are also seat-only so you'll have to pack light or shell out an extra $40 each way.
If you're OK with the above then you're all set to hit the Hawaiian beaches on the cheap. Check out your dates via the Air New Zealand website now. But be quick. This sale ends midnight 27 December.
How good are these Air New Zealand fares?
- Price: Great. We've never seen flights to Hawaii on Air New Zealand drop this low as they're more likely to hang around the $389 each way mark. Sure you can get them down to $498 return if you fly with Jetstar and its current Boxing Day sale, but for the added $101 you get seat-back entertainment, complimentary tea, coffee and water, and the chance to accrue frequent flyer points. Plus, it only costs $40 to add 23kg of luggage each way. This is similar to Jetstar's offering, which is $37 for 20kg or $41 for 25kg each way.
- Airline: Great. Air New Zealand is regarded as one of the best airlines in the world.
- Frequent Flyer Points: Great. Flights are eligible to earn Airpoints.
- Travel time: OK. All flights include a stopover in Auckland, which can be extended if you wish or kept as short as two hours.
- Weather: Great. Flights are available from 20 January until 30 November, excluding peak holiday dates. That's a nice big range of dates to travel in.
What's my Air New Zealand fare?
|From||To||Travel dates||Return fare||Book|
|Sydney||Honolulu||20 Jan - 8 Apr, 20 Apr - 28 Jun, 16 Jul - 30 Nov 2019, return 22 Jan - 19 Apr, 1 May - 14 Jul, 24 Jul - 30 Nov 2019||$599||Take me to Hawaii|
|Melbourne||Honolulu||20 Jan - 8 Apr, 20 Apr - 28 Jun, 16 Jul - 30 Nov 2019, return 22 Jan - 19 Apr, 1 May - 14 Jul, 24 Jul - 30 Nov 2019||$598||Take me to Hawaii|
|Brisbane||Honolulu||20 Jan - 8 Apr, 20 Apr - 28 Jun, 16 Jul - 30 Nov 2019, return 22 Jan - 19 Apr, 1 May - 14 Jul, 24 Jul - 30 Nov 2019||$599||Take me to Hawaii|
|Perth||Honolulu||$758||Take me to Hawaii|
|Adelaide||Honolulu||$718||Take me to Hawaii|
|Gold Coast||Honolulu||$598||Take me to Hawaii|
- New international travel rules: Quarantine, proof of vax, visas and more explained
- 70% of Australians “too scared to travel”, but are they wrong?
- 5 early Black Friday travel deals: Bag a bargain right now
- 10 Click Frenzy™ travel deals that can save you up to 45%
- 3 cheapest places to fly now Australia’s international borders are open