Whether you’re visiting Hong Kong for business, a family holiday or a budget vacation, there are plenty of options for you to choose from.
We've handpicked the best spots with unbeatable views, close to the main attractions so you can feel pampered at your home away from home.
Top hotels on Hong Kong Island
Top hotels in Kowloon
Top hotels near Disneyland Hong Kong
How did we pick these Hong Kong hotels?
Our editorial team selected the Hong Kong hotels on this list based on price, location and real customer feedback from hotel booking sites and review platforms. Where applicable, we used our own personal experiences to make recommendations.
Where should I stay in Hong Kong?
Hong Kong is a metropolis comprised of numerous islands. All touristic areas are well connected via the MTR metro system but to ease your daily commute, here's a quick breakdown of the main areas.
- Hong Kong Island: This is where you'll find Hong Kong's commercial centre. It's also where you'll catch the tram up to the famous Victoria Peak. Staying in the city is pricey but ensures you're well connected to all the top tourist attractions.
- Kowloon: Across from Hong Kong Island is the bustling district of Kowloon. It's renowned for its vibrant atmosphere of outdoor food and market stalls. It also offers a more affordable stay to Hong Kong Island's waterfront properties. You can easily access Hong Kong Island from here either via the MTR or a ferry service.
- Disneyland: Disneyland is situated close to the airport on Lantau Island. Other attractions on Lantau Island include the giant Tian Tan Buddha and Pui O Beach.
Which sites let me book Hong Kong accommodation with free cancellation?
These sites let you make a refundable booking for your trip to Hong Kong, so there's less risk of losing the cost of your stay or deposit. Some sites only offer free cancellation on select Hong Kong hotels or at a slightly higher rate, so it's best to check the terms on your booking before confirming your stay.
Most sites, like Wotif or Expedia, will clearly state whether each Hong Kong hotel is non-refundable.
See the latest coupon codes
Which sites let me use a coupon code to book Hong Kong accommodation?
Using one of our coupon codes at these sites will save you money on your Hong Kong stay. Some may ask you to pay for your stay upfront rather than on arrival in order to apply the code to your Hong Kong booking, but the same cancellation policy does apply so if you are able to cancel, you'll be able to get refunded.
Which sites let me book Hong Kong accommodation without a credit card?
If you don't have a credit card to make your Hong Kong booking, but would like to reap the rewards of one, compare credit cards that offer hotel rewards here
Which Hong Kong hotel booking sites have rewards programs?
Get access to cheaper prices, collect points toward free stays and get extra perks like Wi-Fi or breakfast if you book your Hong Kong accommodation on sites like these:
- Wotif: Part of the same family, Wotif lets you access the same benefits as the Expedia Rewards program. You'll get access to lower rates and earn points, which can be used toward discounted stays in the future. Depending on how often you make bookings, you'll be able to get bigger discounts and earn more perks like breakfast.
- Agoda: PointsMAX lets you earn up to 6,000 points for your stay that you can put toward a preferred loyalty or frequent flyer program, including KrisFlyer and Velocity.
- Trip.com: Trip Coins is Trip.com's rewards program where you can earn $1 for every 100 Trip Coins. It's free to join the program. Membership tiers from Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond have different perks to enjoy.
- Hotels.com: Collect one stamp for every night's stay. Once you stay for 10 nights, you'll be able to redeem one free night up to the average value of your previous 10 nights.
- Expedia.com.au: Access lower rates as a member and earn Expedia points on bookings, which can be used toward discounted stays in the future. Different levels of membership get you access to deeper discounts and perks, such as free breakfasts.
- Marriott: The Marriott Bonvoy Benefits program lets you earn points towards free nights, access special member rates, get free Wi-Fi with your stay and check into your room via the mobile app. There are different status levels depending on how often you stay, starting with Silver Elite (10 nights per year).
Hong Kong hotel deals
It looks like we don't have any coupons at the moment. Take a look at our most recent deals