Cheap flights to Hong Kong for 2021
Save your money on flights so you can use it for entertainment in Hong Kong instead.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Hong Kong is a densely populated urban area with an iconic skyline and a vibrant atmosphere, making it a thriving location for travellers to visit.
Hong Kong may not be the cheapest place to visit, but if you budget wisely and are able to find a flight deal, it's not as expensive as you may have once thought. We've got a guide filled with flight deals and all of the tips you need for accessing transport in Hong Kong. Happy planning!
Our latest Hong Kong flight deals
Hong Kong flight time
- From Sydney: Approximately 9 hrs 40 mins + when flying direct to Hong Kong International Airport
- From Melbourne: Approximately 9 hrs 40 mins + when flying direct to Hong Kong International Airport
- From Brisbane: Approximately 9 hrs + when flying direct to Hong Kong International Airport
- From Perth: Approximately 8 hrs + when flying direct to Hong Kong International Airport
Airlines that fly to Hong Kong
- Cathay Pacific
- Hong Kong Airlines
- Malaysia Airlines
- Thai Airways
- Singapore Airlines
- Virgin Australia
Hong Kong insider flight tips
- Hong Kong International Airport is Hong Kong's only airport and you can get a direct flight there from Australia.
- Hong Kong International Airport is located 30km from Hong Kong Island.
- Unlike China, Hong Kong does not require Australian citizens to obtain a visa when visiting for less than 90 days. If you plan to visit both China and Hong Kong as they are in close proximity, you will need to organise a visa before entering China.
How to get around Hong Kong from the airport
You won't have trouble getting around Hong Kong as it has a highly developed and functioning transport system. The airport express MRT train line takes passengers to the city centre and other areas for HKD$5-$100 and is a great budget option. You can pre-book private transfers, shared transfers and hotel coaches to your accommodation. Taxis can be found outside the arrivals hall with red, green and blue taxis serving different areas of the island. Hiring a car isn't common in Hong Kong as taxis are more affordable but your other car option is to order an Uber from the airport.
More guides on Finder
Where can I travel from Australia in 2021?
Discover exactly what you need to know about leaving Australia.
CheapOair Black Friday deals in 2021
Score cheap flights locally and internationally with CheapOair's Black Friday deals.
Cheap flights to Christchurch you can book in 2021
From deals to travel times to airlines, we’ve got the information you need to book your flight to Christchurch.
Should you take advantage of cheap travel during coronavirus?
As the pandemic continues to reduce the cost of travel, here's what you should consider before jumping on those cheap trips.
Cheap flights to Queensland you can book in 2021
Secure flights to Brisbane, Cairns, Gold Coast, Townsville and more with this guide to finding cheap flights to Queensland.
Ask Finder: Do I still earn points if my flight is cancelled or changed?
Scoring frequent flyer points can get tricky when flights are altered – here's what you need to know.
Cheap Lord Howe Island (LDH) flights for 2021
Find all of the flight and transportation information you need for your upcoming trip to Lord Howe Island.
Cheap flights to Newcastle (NTL) for 2021
Plan your trip to Newcastle with this guide that includes everything you need to know about booking flights and transport.
Flights to Coffs Habour (CFS) and deals for 2021
Find out how much you should be paying for flights, the best time to book and transport options with our guide for booking flights to Coffs Harbour.
Virgin Australia flights to Hong Kong, China and Taiwan from $538
EXPIRED: Celebrate this Chinese New Year with a trip to Asia.
Ask an Expert