Cheap flights to Hong Kong for 2020
Save your money on flights so you can use it for entertainment in Hong Kong instead.
Hong Kong is a densely populated urban area with an iconic skyline and a vibrant atmosphere, making it a thriving location for travellers to visit.
Hong Kong may not be the cheapest place to visit, but if you budget wisely and are able to find a flight deal, it's not as expensive as you may have once thought. We've got a guide filled with flight deals and all of the tips you need for accessing transport in Hong Kong. Happy planning!
Our latest Hong Kong flight deals
What's considered a cheap flight to Hong Kong?
With Hong Kong International Airport serving as the main airport, here's what's considered to be a good deal compared to the average cost of a flight from Sydney to Hong Kong.
Flights to Hong Kong from Sydney
Flights to Hong Kong from Melbourne
Flights to Hong Kong from Brisbane
Flights to Hong Kong from Perth
Hong Kong flight time
- From Sydney: Approximately 9 hrs 40 mins + when flying direct to Hong Kong International Airport
- From Melbourne: Approximately 9 hrs 40 mins + when flying direct to Hong Kong International Airport
- From Brisbane: Approximately 9 hrs + when flying direct to Hong Kong International Airport
- From Perth: Approximately 8 hrs + when flying direct to Hong Kong International Airport
Airlines that fly to Hong Kong
- Cathay Pacific
- Hong Kong Airlines
- Malaysia Airlines
- Thai Airways
- Singapore Airlines
- Virgin Australia
Hong Kong insider flight tips
- Hong Kong International Airport is Hong Kong's only airport and you can get a direct flight there from Australia.
- Hong Kong International Airport is located 30km from Hong Kong Island.
- Unlike China, Hong Kong does not require Australian citizens to obtain a visa when visiting for less than 90 days. If you plan to visit both China and Hong Kong as they are in close proximity, you will need to organise a visa before entering China.
How to get around Hong Kong from the airport
You won't have trouble getting around Hong Kong as it has a highly developed and functioning transport system. The airport express MRT train line takes passengers to the city centre and other areas for HKD$5-$100 and is a great budget option. You can pre-book private transfers, shared transfers and hotel coaches to your accommodation. Taxis can be found outside the arrivals hall with red, green and blue taxis serving different areas of the island. Hiring a car isn't common in Hong Kong as taxis are more affordable but your other car option is to order an Uber from the airport.
Ask an Expert