Everything you need for the ultimate honeymoon in Hawaii
Plan your perfect Hawaii honeymoon in minutes with this helpful guide.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Hawaii is an outstanding choice for a honeymoon. The mild tropical climate, Polynesian culture and dramatic landscape make it naturally romantic, and loved-up couples are spoiled for choice when it comes to idyllic honeymoon suites and tropical villas.
If you are planning a honeymoon in Hawaii, make sure you consult this guide first. It includes some helpful guidelines on travel, accommodation and everyday costs. It also includes a suggested itinerary for a one-week dream honeymoon.
If you are not sure where to stay, check out the hotels section. We have included some of our favourites plus excellent couples-only options.
The best Hawaii honeymoon package deals
Hawaii honeymoon itinerary
Keep in mind that Hawaii has six regularly frequented islands, so it’s impossible to see it all in one week. We have focussed on Oahu, Kauai and Maui.
- Arrive at Honolulu and get settled into your hotel or resort.
- Hit the beach and explore Honolulu. Take in the historic Polynesian Museum and get some shopping in.
- Head back to your resort and enjoy your first night dining in while overlooking the vast Pacific Ocean.
- Rent (or buy) some snorkelling equipment and spend the morning getting acquainted with the local aquatic life. Alternatively, you may like to scuba dive the waters instead.
- Be sure to fit in a few hours at a day spa getting face and body treatments.
- Book a romantic moonlight catamaran trip and watch the sun go down as you float on the water.
- Wake up early and hike the Diamond Mountain Monument for sweeping views of the island.
- Take an afternoon flight to Maui and travel to Wailea to your new resort. Spend the afternoon soaking up the quiet beaches.
- Take a chartered helicopter tour of the island for breathtaking views of canyons, waterfalls and mountain ranges.
- Enjoy traditional Hawaiian Poke for dinner.
- Visit a local farm for breakfast and sample locally grown papaya and coffee.
- Take a chartered whale watching tour and see breaching humpbacks in all their glory.
- Take a morning flight to Kauai, rent a car and drive up the Eastern Coast to Wainiha for lunch in the tropical forest.
- Stay in Wainiha or drive back down to the South Shore for the night.
- Get a couples massage.
- Wake up early and hike to the top of Waimea Canyon, called the Grand Canyon of the Pacific. Say goodbye to Hawaii.
- Take a plane back to Honolulu for your return flight.
Hawaii honeymoon activities
3B Pearl Harbor and Historic Honolulu City Tour Departing Waikiki
E2 Koko Head Crater Sunrise Hike Departing Waikiki, Oahu Hotels
10A Discover the North Shore Tour Departing Waikiki Hotels
Circle Island Oahu Tour with Hawaiian Luau Combo
11K Pearl Harbor/Dole Plantation/Polynesian Cultural Center from Kauai
33W One-Day Hawaii Volcano Eco-Adventure Tour from Oahu
Hawaii honeymoon cost
Prices in Honolulu will be higher than further out from the city. How much you spend on your accommodation will also predict how expensive your stay will be overall as most resorts offer excellent dine-in options and prices vary by place. You might also find that your accommodation is far away from a local city, so keep that in mind when you book.
- An average or budget-conscious room in a hotel or resort will set you back from $1,000–$2,000 for a one-week stay for two. If you came to splurge, a suite in one of the higher-end resorts will set you back $500–$1,000 a night.
- Most food items are imported into Hawaii, so the average cost of food and other essentials might surprise Australian visitors used to Southeast Asian holidays. Expect to pay about $20 for a meal at an average restaurant and about $5 for a beer. If you go grocery shopping, expect to pay about $6 for a loaf of bread and $3 for a litre of milk.
- Return flights from Australia to Honolulu can drop as low as $500 when on sale with a budget airline and can reach up to $1,500 for full-service economy tickets. Flights between islands cost about $100, but it’s important to book in advance as fares tend to skyrocket closer to the departure date.
Six hot Hawaii honeymoon resorts
Hawaii is no stranger to high-end accommodation. The most popular hotels tend to be resort-style properties that offer a blend of villa style accommodation and romantic rooms and suites.
Most upscale options will offer a range of guest services and activities including water sports, day spas and on-site restaurants.
Hawaii couples-only resorts
For added romance and intimacy on your honeymoon, as well as special services for couples, check out one of these resorts.
Didn't find what you're looking for?
Search for more hotel options here:
More guides on finder
Hotel health and safety measures that will help keep you safe during COVID-19
Have a safe stay on your next Australian getaway with these hotel health and safety measures.
4 Northern Territory road trip itineraries for epic outback adventures
Hit the open outback road and explore some of the NT's most scenic national parks, waterfalls and hot springs.
8 picture-perfect Cairns resorts to book for 2020
Lose yourself in the top accommodation tropical north Queensland has to offer.
Gold Coast resorts for luxury accommodation with all the views
Here are the beachfront resorts with outdoor pools, kids' clubs, acclaimed restaurants and more to really set the scene on your next Gold Coast holiday.
Family getaways from Canberra to put smiles on their dials
Break out of the big city and explore the local townships, national parks and beaches with your brood these school holidays.
10 Port Douglas resorts so heavenly you may never want to leave
Spend your days plunging into lagoon pools, being waited on inside private cabanas and teeing off on the green in Port Douglas.
Australia’s green hotel of the year 2020
Looking for a sustainable hotel in Australia? Let the Finder Green Awards do the hard work for you.
5 romantic getaways in Canberra
The most luxurious and unique stays in Canberra to spoil your loved one at.
10 breathtaking romantic getaways on the Sunshine Coast
From the waterfront to the poolside, these are the Sunshine Coast getaways that will have you unwinding in just minutes.
Soak up the sun at these 8 Noosa resorts
Pick the perfect resort for your next tropical getaway with our top picks on the Noosa coast.
Ask an Expert