Domestic flights from $54 each way
9 dreamy Queensland honeymoon destinations
The coastal and tropical escapes that were made for newlyweds.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Blessed with sunshine, clear waters, secluded hideaways and island paradises, Queensland is honeymoon heaven. For newly married couples, luxury abounds with resorts and hideaways boasting in-house spas and million-dollar views over the ocean.
With the big day done and dusted, it's time to spend your first holiday together as Mr and Mrs. Here’s where to go if you’re thinking of heading to Queensland.
Our top picks for Queensland honeymoon destinations
1. Hamilton Island, Whitsundays
Part of the Whitsundays, Hamilton Island is a spectacle to behold. Often chosen as a holiday hotspot due to its proximity to the Great Barrier Reef, the island features sparkling waters, silky beaches and a bevy of activities to keep the two of you busy.
- Where to stay: Beach Club
- What to do: Whitehaven Beach Adventure and Hill Inlet day cruise
2. Port Douglas, Far North Queensland
Tucked between forest and sea, Port Douglas has plenty of outdoor activities for restless souls. Spend your days scuba diving the Great Barrier Reef or wandering under the emerald canopies of the Daintree National Forest then spend your nights unwinding in your resort spa or watching the sunset hand in hand.
- Where to stay: Shantara Resort Port Douglas
- What to do: Full day cruise to Low Isles with lunch and snorkelling
3. Daydream Island, Whitsundays
No, you're not dreaming. This island really IS the picture of perfection. Called Daydream Island, it's an intimate Whitsundays gem that measures less than one kilometre in length and features only one luxury resort.
4. Airlie Beach, Whitsundays
Located on the mainland, Airlie Beach is an ideal base for exploring the Whitsundays and the Great Barrier Reef. Its laidback atmosphere is matched by a culture of artist markets and waterfront restaurants serving freshly caught dishes. This one’s ideal for those wishing to make a longer trip of their honeymoon or for honeymooners on a budget.
5. Heron Island, Southern Great Barrier Reef
Queensland’s Heron Island is the ultimate digital detox. There's no mobile reception or televisions on the island, giving you and your partner in crime the chance to escape the distractions of the outside world.
6. Noosa, Sunshine Coast
Located on the Sunshine Coast, Noosa offers boundless coastal and hinterland scenery for couples to explore. It also offers a wealth of luxurious spa and relaxation options for those who prefer to kick the breeze.
- Where to stay: Rosecliffe Cottages
- What to do: Full day guided kayak tour of the Noosa Everglades
7. Green Island, Far North Queensland
Rainforests, beaches and crystal clear waters…what more could you want out of a honeymoon on one of Queensland’s most arresting islands? Nothing, that’s what.
- Where to stay: Green Island Resort
- What to do: Cairns Big Day Out with Green Island tour departing from Cairns (if you're bit staying overnight on the island).
8. Lizard Island, Far North Queensland
A lovers' paradise, this secluded getaway boasts dozens of powder-white beaches, a lagoon and infinity pools to lose yourself in. You can only get there by private charter from Cairns Airport, which is just one more luxury you can add to your honeymoon hit list.
9. Scenic Rim/Gold Coast Hinterland
Comprised of six national parks including Tamborine Mountain, Mr Barney and Lamington, Scenic Rim is the ultimate inland honeymoon destination in Queensland. It features cabin accommodation, numerous walking trails and driving routes for intrepid wanders.
Best Queensland islands for honeymoon
- Hamilton Island: Best for the classic resort holiday experience, Hamilton Island has a range of accommodation options, an airport, and a host of activities on offer and day trips that depart right from the island.
- Hayman Island: Best for the ultra-luxe escape, this island's only hotel is the InterContinental. Choose from a range of upscale room types including beachfront villas complete with private pools.
- Heron Island: Best for exploring the Great Barrier Reef, Heron Island offers a host of tours that can help you learn more about the region, including guided island walks, sunset cruises and kayaking trips.
- Lady Elliot Island: Best for eco-friendly holidays and located in the Southern Great Barrier Reef, it's a diver and snorkeller's paradise.
- Fraser Island: Best for adventures, Fraser Island is the largest sand island in the world. The whole island is 4WD access only, with most of the roads made of sand. Here, you can drive to freshwater lakes and sand dunes.
Best destinations in Far North Queensland for honeymoons
- Port Douglas: This resort town offers a wide range of resorts ranging from affordable apartments to 5-star villas. It's also an ideal stepping stone to adventures on the Great Barrier Reef or up into the rainforest and Cape Tribulation.
- Daintree Rainforest: If you're looking for seclusion on your honeymoon, consider a rainforest lodge deep in the Daintree rainforest. Sure, you won't be by the beach, but most have pools and are within easy reach to some of the region's swimming holes.
Where can you book Queensland honeymoon packages?
If you're looking for a pre-packaged holiday that includes a few nights' accommodation and extras like some meals, resort credit or flights, we'd recommend checking out these travel deals websites:
Queensland travel deals to help save on your honeymoon
Popular Travel coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|8 Sep 2021||$60 off tandem skydives with code||WEE****|
|16 Aug 2021||Up to 30% off Australia hotels + an extra 10% off with code||FIN****|
|16 Aug 2021||Extra 10% off worldwide hotels with code||FIN****|
|11 Aug 2021||Get 12% off Australia tours and experiences||KKF****|
|10 Aug 2021||Get $24 off car hires with code||621****|
More guides on Finder
13 best pet-friendly accommodation options on the Gold Coast
A list of pet-friendly accommodation on the Gold Coast, so you can take your fur-baby travelling with you.
Best Melbourne hotels with parking
These are the hotels in Melbourne CBD that have on-site parking.
Top Melbourne hotels with spa bath in room
Discover the Melbourne hotels that come fully equipped with your own private spa bath.
Melbourne hotels with pools you’ll never want to leave
We've picked out the best Melbourne hotels with pools for value, luxury, views and location.
Best Sydney hotels with balconies
These are the hotels that come with balconies in Sydney.
Perth hotels with spas in the room
Find out where you can enjoy your own spa bath with these Perth hotels.
Best caravan parks in Echuca, Victoria
Get up close to Australia’s longest river in one of these caravan parks in Echuca.
Top Queensland travel deals as borders to Greater Sydney reopen
Borders open? Check. Bags packed? Check. Travel deals that'll save you big? Check.
Best caravan parks in Port Macquarie, NSW
Make the most of your holiday with our guide to caravan parks in Port Macquarie.
Best caravan parks on Bribie Island
These caravan parks are ready for you and your travel buddies to make memories.
Ask an Expert