Homestay discount codes and coupons July 2020
Looking for a travel experience off the usual tourist trail? Book a stay in a local’s home with these Homestay discount codes.
So if you’re looking to turn your travels into unforgettable experiences and strangers into friends, Homestay is the perfect accommodation alternative for you.
Homestay discount codes and coupons
Popular Homestay coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|26 Feb 2020||Tokyo homestay from $21||********|
|5 Feb 2018||Melbourne homestays from $21 per night||********|
|5 Feb 2018||Sydney homestays from $17||********|
|5 Feb 2018||London homestay from $17||********|
|1 Feb 2016||Book a great value homestay in a local's home now||********|
Homestay's coronavirus (COVID-19) cancellation and changes policy update
As of 7 April 2020, Homestay is offering refunds under the circumstance that:
- Your flight has been cancelled because of coronavirus (COVID-19).
- You have been affected by a university course or placement being cancelled.
- A host has made the decision not to accommodation a guest with a reservation as a result of COVID-19.
If a guest chooses to get a refund for a booking, proof will need to be given for one of the reasons mentioned above when cancelling.
Australians are currently being asked to avoid non-essential domestic and international travel. At this time, it may be best to hold off on new bookings for the time being as that currently doesn't fall into Homestay's guidelines of what qualifies for a refund should you not be able to stay.
Deals overview for Homestay
Bestselling destinations from Homestay
Homestay Review | Pros and Cons
- Safety. The safety of guests and hosts is Homestay’s top priority. Each host is verified before the listing goes live on the website. Guests will only receive the host’s full name, address and contact details after they have made a confirmed booking. All of your information is encrypted and stored securely within privacy regulations.
- Discover. With hosts in more than 150 countries, you can experience a truly authentic and unique travel experience through the eyes of locals.
- Video call feature. Video calls allow both guests and hosts to get to know one another in advance of the stay. This feature is free to use and eliminates the need for expensive international phone calls.
- No live chat. There is no live chat service available on the website. If you need help, you should read through the detailed FAQ section or email the site with your enquiry.
What do I need to know about Homestay?
Are homestays safe?
Properties are reviewed by Homestay.com and any host that's connected with a local partner (which can include other homestay providers, student accommodation providers, study abroad companies)is visited in person by the partner before it's ever listed online.
How do homestays work?
Unlike hotels, homestays offer you the experience to live like (and often with) a local and see what it's like living in a home in destinations around the world. You'll have the chance to experience the community and culture, with the help of hosts who can suggest the best local eateries, boutiques and hidden gems. You'll have the chance to browse through the listings to find a home and neighbourhood that suits your needs and can the contact the owner to try and arrange a stay.
What are homestays like?
Every homestay is different, and can range from a spare room in a suburban family home or urban apartment to a beachside escape at someone's summer home. No matter where you're staying, you'll always have a local host and point of contact.
How do you find a homestay family?
When searching for your accommodation, you'll have the chance to browse through the listings of different homes and hosts to find a home and neighbourhood that suits your needs.
Each listing on Homestay will have a description about the accommodation and a list of the facilities available to guests. Listings will also mention if they're extra welcoming to particular demographics like single travellers or seniors.
Once you've chosen a stay that will work for you, click the pink "Contact" button to get in touch with the host to arrange your stay.
How do I make a booking with Homestay?
Enter your travel dates, destination and number of guests to check availability. Browse through the list of available homestays and choose the one you prefer. Once you’ve found your preferred host, click “Contact host” to send them a message and check availability. If the host is available, you will receive an email advising you to proceed and book online.
A 15% non-refundable online deposit is required to confirm your booking.
What forms of payment does Homestay accept?
- American Express
What is the Homestay cancellation policy?
You can cancel a booking up to seven days before the arrival time and date. Please note that the 15% online deposit is non-refundable unless the host cancels the booking. If you have paid any or all of the balance in advance of your arrival, the host family will refund the full amount to you as long as the cancellation is made at least seven days before the arrival time and date.
Ask an Expert