Looking for a travel experience off the usual tourist trail? Book a stay in a local’s home with these Homestay discount codes.
Homestays offers travellers the unique opportunity to stay with a local in his or her very own home. What better way to immerse yourself in local culture and experience the community than with the help of someone who actually lives there? All of Homestay’s listings have a live-in host to offer guidance and assistance during the duration of your stay.
So if you’re looking to turn your travels into unforgettable experiences and strangers into friends, Homestay is the perfect accommodation alternative for you.
Homestay discount codes and coupons
|London homestay from $30||Book a homestay in London from $30 per night. T&C's apply.||
|Tokyo homestay from $23||Book a homestay in Tokyo from $30 per night. T&C's apply.||
|Sunshine Coast homestays from $27||Search for homestays in and around the Sunshine Coast with Homestay. Prices start from $27.||
|Bali homestays from $9||Book a homestay in Bali from just $9 per night. Accommodation available in Ubud, Seminyak, Jimbaran, Sanur and more.||
|Sydney homestays from $17||Book a stay in a local home in Sydney on Homestay.com from as little as $17 per night.||
|Brisbane homestays from $15 per night||Book a homestay in Brisbane with Homestay.com from just $15 per night.||
|Find a homestay in Japan from just $13||Fine accommodation in a local home in Japan from just $13 per night. Homestays available in Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto and more.||
|Melbourne homestays from $21 per night||Stay in a local home in Melbourne from just $21 per night when booked with Homestay.com.||
|Book a great value homestay in a local's home now||Stay with a local on your next journey and book your stay with Homestay||
How do I use my Homestay discount code?
How do I use my Homestay discount code?
1. Enter your destination, check-in and check-out dates and number of occupants. Click on the pink search icon.
2. Browse through the list of available hosts. You can filter your search by neighbourhood or price range.
3. Select your preferred host by clicking on the profile. You can view pictures of the property, general location and house rules.
4. If you’re happy with what you see, you may contact your host to check for availability. If your host is available, enter your discount code at the time of booking.
5. To confirm your booking, you will have to pay a 15% non-refundable deposit.
Bestselling destinations from Homestay
Homestay Review | Pros and Cons
- Safety. The safety of guests and hosts is Homestay’s top priority. Each host is verified before the listing goes live on the website. Guests will only receive the host’s full name, address and contact details after they have made a confirmed booking. All of your information is encrypted and stored securely within privacy regulations.
- Discover. With hosts in more than 150 countries, you can experience a truly authentic and unique travel experience through the eyes of locals.
- Video call feature. Video calls allow both guests and hosts to get to know one another in advance of the stay. This feature is free to use and eliminates the need for expensive international phone calls.
- No live chat. There is no live chat service available on the website. If you need help, you should read through the detailed FAQ section or email the site with your enquiry.
What do I need to know about Homestay?
Are homestays safe?
Properties are reviewed by Homestay.com and any host that's connected with a local partner (which can include other homestay providers, student accommodation providers, study abroad companies)is visited in person by the partner before it's ever listed online.
How do homestays work?
Unlike hotels, homestays offer you the experience to live like (and often with) a local and see what it's like living in a home in destinations around the world. You'll have the chance to experience the community and culture, with the help of hosts who can suggest the best local eateries, boutiques and hidden gems. You'll have the chance to browse through the listings to find a home and neighbourhood that suits your needs and can the contact the owner to try and arrange a stay.
What are homestays like?
Every homestay is different, and can range from a spare room in a suburban family home or urban apartment to a beachside escape at someone's summer home. No matter where you're staying, you'll always have a local host and point of contact.
How do you find a homestay family?
When searching for your accommodation, you'll have the chance to browse through the listings of different homes and hosts to find a home and neighbourhood that suits your needs.
Each listing on Homestay will have a description about the accommodation and a list of the facilities available to guests. Listings will also mention if they're extra welcoming to particular demographics like single travellers or seniors.
Once you've chosen a stay that will work for you, click the pink "Contact" button to get in touch with the host to arrange your stay.
How do I make a booking with Homestay?
Enter your travel dates, destination and number of guests to check availability. Browse through the list of available homestays and choose the one you prefer. Once you’ve found your preferred host, click “Contact host” to send them a message and check availability. If the host is available, you will receive an email advising you to proceed and book online.
A 15% non-refundable online deposit is required to confirm your booking.
What forms of payment does Homestay accept?
- American Express
What is the Homestay cancellation policy?
You can cancel a booking up to seven days before the arrival time and date. Please note that the 15% online deposit is non-refundable unless the host cancels the booking. If you have paid any or all of the balance in advance of your arrival, the host family will refund the full amount to you as long as the cancellation is made at least seven days before the arrival time and date.