Woolworths Employees’ Credit Union home loans
A closer look at the home loans offered by the Woolworths Employee Credit Union (WECU).
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
On this page you can find information about Woolworths Employees' Credit Union home loans or read more about the lender.
Woolworths Employees' Credit Union has rebranded
Woolworths Employees' Credit Union has merged with Woolworths Team Bank. Woolworths Employees' Credit Union no longer offers mortgages to new customers. The information on this page is no longer up to date. You can check out mortgage offers from Woolworths Team Bank here.
Compare WECU home loans
Woolworths Employees' Credit Union lender profile
- WECU is a member of Australia's customer-owned banking association, which means that the members each own a share in the company. Only employees, current or former, of the Woolworths group of companies are eligible for membership in the credit union.
- Woolworths Employees' Credit Union was established in 1971. Membership requires a $1 "share" payment.
- Woolworths Employees' Credit Union also offers its members personal loans, car loans, credit cards, savings accounts and a range of insurance products.
How do I apply for an Woolworths Employees' Credit Union mortgage?
If you'd like to apply for a home loan from Woolworths Employees' Credit Union, please contact the lender directly.
Each Woolworths Employees' Credit Union product has specific eligibility criteria but some will apply to all products. For example:
- Age. You must be over 18 years of age.
- Residency. You should be a resident of Australia.
- Employment. You should have a regular source of income.
When you apply for a mortgage with Woolworths Employees' Credit Union you are required to provide certain information so make sure you have all your documents ready before you apply. The documents you will be expected to provide are:
- Identification documents. You will need identification such as a driver's license, passport or birth certificate.
- Proof of income documents. Recent payslips can establish your income.
- Asset and liability documents. You need to provide documents showing your current assets (savings accounts, investments) and liabilities (your outstanding debt).
Looking for more mortgage options?
More guides on Finder
Financial Fitness Challenge Week 3: How to get the most out of a credit card
How to cut debt and make your credit card work for you.
Bank Australia Commercial Visa credit card
Designed to help you track business spending, this Bank Australia credit card offers cards for employees and interest-free days on purchases.
Financial Fitness Challenge Week 2: Check and improve your credit score
Understand your credit score with the Finder Financial Fitness Challenge.
How to start a small business from home
6 tips to start a successful home based business.
Brighte Personal Loan
Looking to renovate your home? Find out more about Brighte's personal loan for home improvements and ways in which it may be able to benefit you.
Endeavour Mutual Bank Special Fixed Home Loan
The Special Fixed Home Loan from Endeavour Mutual Bank is a fixed rate mortgage for owner-occupiers and investors.
Sydney Mutual Bank Special Fixed Home Loan
The Special Fixed Home Loan from Sydney Mutual Bank is a fixed rate mortgage for owner-occupiers and investors. Available with a 5% deposit.
How Budget 2020 will affect you
The complete guide to how tax changes and new regulations will hit your wallet.
Hunter United Fixed Home Loan
The Fixed Home Loan from Hunter United is a fixed rate loan with options for home buyers and investors.
Free Loan Agreement Templates (Australia)
Learn how to write a loan agreement and find out where you can get free legal templates.
Home Loan OffersImportant Information*
Up to $3,000 refinance cashback. A flexible and competitive variable rate loan. Eligible borrowers refinancing $250,000 or more can get $2,000 cashback per property plus a bonus $1,000 for their first application. Other conditions apply.
Up to $4,000 refinance cashback. A competitive variable rate loan from St.George. Refinancers borrowing $250,000 or more can get $4,000 cashback (Other terms, conditions and exclusions apply).
A competitive variable rate mortgage for owner occupiers $0 application and $0 ongoing fees. This interest rate falls over time as you pay off the loan.
Take advantage of a low-fee mortgage with a special interest rate of just 2.49% p.a. and a 2.49% p.a. comparison rate.
Ask an Expert