Save money on interest with Western City Credit Union by taking advantage of discounted home loans
Western City Credit Union is a part of 82 credits unions and building societies in New South Wales (NSW) who have joined together in a new circles campaign. This campaign focuses on providing knowledge to Australians about credit unions and how they are a viable alternative to banks.
Who is Western City Credit Union?
There are a number of home loans available through Western City Credit Union that provide benefit for various circumstances. Variable and fixed rates are available with loans suitable for owner occupants and investors.
Compare Western City Credit Union Home Loans
Home loans offered by Western City Credit Union
Variable Home Loan
The Variable Home Loan is meant for home loans of at least $250,000. The features of this home loan include no annual or ongoing fees, a 100% offset account, and a free redraw facility. Terms extend for up to 30 years, but with no penalty for an early payout during the variable rate period.
Variable Lite Home Loan
The Variable Lite Home Loan has the same features as the Variable Home Loan, except you can link the loan to a banking account and enjoy a 100% offset account. It's also only available for loan amounts below $250,000.
Fixed Home Loan
The Fixed Rate Home Loan is available in terms of one, two, three and five years before reverting to the standard variable rate. You may lock in a new fixed rate at that time, and it comes with a 100% offset account, no fees and a redraw facility for extra repayments.
Fixed Lite Home Loan
The Fixed Lite Home Loan offers many of the same features as the regular Fixed Home Loan, but is only available for loan amounts below $250,000.
Benefits and considerations of Western City Credit Union home loans
Western City Credit Union offers loan packages to suit all needs. Look for these features when comparing your home loan options:
- Discounts. A number of the home loans have discounted interest rates.
- Flexible repayments. In most cases you can make weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments.
- 100% offset. This is a feature that can save you money on interest.
- Extra repayments. Extra repayments can allow you to pay the loan off faster.
- Monthly fees. Some of the home loans have a monthly fee.
- Loan establishment fee. You may be required to pay a $600 fee for the establishment of the home loan.
How to apply for Western City Credit Union home loans
The credit union offers a few options for applying for a home loan:
- By email. Fill out the online form and send it by email to the credit union.
- Contacting a mortgage broker. If you would like to apply for this loan or find out more information, you can speak to one of our certified mortgage brokers.
- Response time. You should receive a response about your loan application within one business day.
With the number of home loans available, you can make it easier by using the above chart to compare your options. This will help you in finding a home loan that suits your needs.
Documents needed to apply for a Western City Credit Union home loan
The credit union will first want to make sure you are eligible for a home loan by asking the following:
- Age. All applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Residency. An applicant will have to prove that they are a permanent Australian resident.
Certain information regarding the property is of special interest to the lender:
- Sales contract. This is the agreement that you made with the seller.
- Certificate of title. The title certificate will show if the seller is the owner of the property.
- Transfer of land. A transfer of land helps to show that the property is now in your name.
Your finances are looked over by the lender to ensure that you have the means to meet the terms of the loan. This is determined by looking at:
- Income. How much money you make can be shown using pay slips.
- Debts. Statements from credit cards and other loans to show your monthly obligations.
- Assets. These are those items of value you already own, such as an investment account or automobile.