Mildura Finance Limited
Everything you need to know about home loans from Mildura Finance Limited.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Mildura Finance Limited (MFL) is an Australian mortgage broking firm that works to pair Australian borrowers with the most suitable lender from a pool of over 60 partners. Clients are not charged for the advice and recommendations offered by the MBL team of brokers. The company’s office is located in Mildura, Victoria, but services clients requiring home loan solutions all across Australia.
Awards that Mildura Finance Limited has earned
- Finance Credit Adviser Business of the Year. MFL was awarded the Mortgage and Finance Association of Australia (MFAA) Award for being the top credit adviser business in 2014. The MFAA hosts the awards ceremony each year to recognise companies in the mortgage and finance sectors that continue to work to lift the service standards and level of professionalism in the industry.
- Best Diversification Implementation Program. In 2011, MFL received this award for their diversification strategy. The Australian Broking Awards (ABA) seeks to recognise the leading brokers and brokerages in the Australian mortgage industry.
- Operator of the Year. MFL was awarded the MFAA Award of Distinction for being the top firm in 2010 and 2011. The award was shared with Horizon Financial in 2010.
Who is Mildura Finance Limited?
As an Australian mortgage broker, MFL is tasked with assisting its clients to navigate their mortgage options and to negotiate the best terms possible. The company was founded in the year 2000 by Peter Schroeder who currently holds the title of Executive Director. Mr. Schroeder has over 30 years’ experience working in the banking and finance industry.
Through a strategic alliance with Melbourne Finance Broking in 2007, MFL was able to establish national presence and increase its profitability by way of volume incentives.
In addition to its home loan portfolio, MFL also provides guidance to clients looking to access loans for vehicle and equipment purchase, business restructuring and refinancing, commercial finance and risk insurance.
Home loans provided by Mildura Finance Limited
Residential and investment purchases
The MFL team provides advice and guidance to borrowers looking to access mortgages for residential properties for investment purposes and for use as primary residences. Clients are guided through the process of reviewing various lenders and loan facilities to identify the ones that meet their immediate needs.
Introduced in July 2000, the First Home Owner Grant (FHOG) provides a grant to eligible Australians purchasing a home for the first time. Although the eligibility requirements vary for each state and territory, this one-off grant is very useful in helping borrowers to acquire a home even faster.
MFL acts in the capacity of adviser, guiding the borrower through the qualification process and helping them to better understand the benefits of accessing the grant under this national scheme.
For the individual looking to do some construction that requires capital, MFL assists in procuring loans for this purpose.The advice will better help the borrower to make an informed decision about which lender has the best loan facility to meet their construction needs.
MFL assists clients in assessing and comparing their current home loan with other loan facilities to identify any potential opportunity to save some extra cash. An assessment of your current home loan may reveal that there are alternatives with lower interest rates or fees.
Through debt consolidation, personal loans, car loans and credit card debt can be integrated into a mortgage. The main benefit of such an arrangement is that you can end up taking advantage of lower interest rates, since mortgages tend to offer a lower interest rate than other types of loans. This will also allow you to have one monthly payment instead of several payments to different lenders. In addition, you could end up saving money that would have been spent on fees and interest across separate loans.
Vacant land purchase
MFL also facilitates the processing of loans for those Australian borrowers looking to purchase land to build on in the future. The process involves assessing your eligibility for a mortgage and finding a suitable loan product and lender that matches your needs.
Low Doc loans
Suitable for the contractor or self-employed borrower with a steady inflow of money, this loan will allow the borrower to access a mortgage by self-certifying their income. This eliminates the need to hire an accountant, and in turn grant you faster access to your loan.
No Doc loans
The No Doc Loan facility is one that requires no evidence of income. This loan relies solely on the borrower’s warranty and is an option for those who have been self-employed for less than two years, or those who are unable to provide evidence of income, or simply wish not to do so.
Pros and cons of Mildura Finance Limited home loans
- Large number of lending partners. MFL has a pool of over 60 lending partners to choose from when trying to find the right loan facility for a borrower. This will allow you to benefit from the best terms and interest rates possible for your specific type of loan.
- Loan product variety. In addition to having an extensive list of loan partners, the MFL loan products are varied, catering to the employed and self-employed Australian looking to borrow money for property acquisition.
- National presence. As a result of MFL’s strategic alliance with Melbourne Finance Broking, the firm has been able to establish a national presence and has increased the depth of products available to their clients.
- Award-winning business. MFL has received a number of awards for its commitment to delivering good quality service and professional advice to its clients across Australia.
- Insufficient online resources. For the average borrower looking to do research online ahead of contacting MFL, there is very little information on MFL’s website as it relates to the eligibility requirements or applicable fees to access any of the loan facilities they broker. For more information about MFL you’ll have to call them or lodge an enquiry.
How to start searching for a home loan with Mildura Finance Limited
The loan application process is quite intricate, but can be simplified with the help of a qualified mortgage broker who will guide you through when applying for a loan. The MFL loan application process is similar to that of any other mortgage broking firm.
- Contact Mildura Finance Limited. On contacting MFL, you will be paired with a licensed mortgage broker to discuss your needs.
- Identification of loan facility. After discussing your requirements and assessing your eligibility, the MFL broker will work with you to identify the best loan facility as per your requirements.
- Documentation submission and evaluation. Once the relevant documents have been prepared and submitted, the lender will evaluate your creditworthiness and advise you accordingly.
- Property inspection and valuation. The lender will then conduct the necessary due diligence, which includes the inspection and valuation of the property. Once everything is in order, your application will move on to the next stage.
- Loan document preparation. On approval, the relevant documents for the loan will be prepared and forwarded to you for signing.
- Loan disbursement. Your loan will then be disbursed, allowing you to occupy your new home.
Comparison when borrowing is important. From interest rates to eligibility requirements and recurring fees, your mortgage broker should be able to guide you along the application process and assist you in choosing the loan that best suits your needs.
More guides on Finder
Brighte Personal Loan
Looking to renovate your home? Find out more about Brighte's personal loan for home improvements and ways in which it may be able to benefit you.
Endeavour Mutual Bank Special Fixed Home Loan
The Special Fixed Home Loan from Endeavour Mutual Bank is a fixed rate mortgage for owner-occupiers and investors.
Planning your retirement? Here are 4 things you need to know about reverse mortgages
SPONSORED: A reverse mortgage could let you use some of your home equity to fund your retirement costs. Here's what you need to know.
Sydney Mutual Bank Special Fixed Home Loan
The Special Fixed Home Loan from Sydney Mutual Bank is a fixed rate mortgage for owner-occupiers and investors. Available with a 5% deposit.
Hunter United Fixed Home Loan
The Fixed Home Loan from Hunter United is a fixed rate loan with options for home buyers and investors.
Free Loan Agreement Templates (Australia)
Learn how to write a loan agreement and find out where you can get free legal templates.
Amazon Echo range 2020: Australian price, features and availability
Everything you need to know about Amazon's new Echo smart home range.
How will proposed “simpler credit” rules affect Australian borrowers?
The federal treasurer has announced plans to make it easier to get credit cards, home loans and personal loans. But it's borrower beware.
ebroker Business Loans review
Whatever your business loan requirement, ebroker may be able to help. With a range of loan options from over 70 bank and non-bank lenders compared on-site, could you find the right loan for your business?
Now Finance Secured Personal Loan review
Get rewarded for an excellent credit score with a Now Finance personalised rate secured personal loan. Rates vary between 5.95% p.a. and 15.45% p.a. Apply today.
Home Loan OffersImportant Information*
Up to $3,000 refinance cashback. A flexible and competitive variable rate loan. Eligible borrowers refinancing $250,000 or more can get $2,000 cashback per property plus a bonus $1,000 for their first application. Other conditions apply.
Up to $4,000 refinance cashback. A competitive variable rate loan from St.George. Refinancers borrowing $250,000 or more can get $4,000 cashback (Other terms, conditions and exclusions apply).
A competitive variable rate mortgage for owner occupiers $0 application and $0 ongoing fees. This interest rate falls over time as you pay off the loan.
Take advantage of a low-fee mortgage with a special interest rate of just 2.49% p.a. and a 2.49% p.a. comparison rate.
Ask an Expert