Macquarie Credit Union Home Loans
Macquarie Credit Union has designed a range of home loans to suit its members.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Competitive Macquarie rates for...
- Home buyers. The Macquarie Credit Union Discounted Variable Home Loan - (Owner occupied) has a 3.45% p.a. interest rate and lets you borrow up to 95%.
- Investors. The Macquarie Credit Union Discounted Variable Home Loan - (Investment) has a 3.64% p.a. interest rate and lets you borrow up to 95%.
Compare Macquarie Credit Union home loans
Compare Macquarie Credit Union home loan products below and hit "load more" to see a fuller selection of loans.
Macquarie Credit Union lender profile
- Formed by electricity workers of Macquarie County Council, Macquarie Credit Union began operations in 1964. The rules were changed in 1967 to enable municipal council members to join and now just about anyone can become a member of Macquarie Credit Union.
- This credit union has its headquarters in Dubbo, NSW.
- Macquarie Credit Union offers its customers an array of financial products ranging from home loans to personal loans, savings accounts, term deposits, debit and credit cards, insurance and travel-related services.
How do I apply for a Macquarie Credit Union mortgage?
If you'd like to apply for a home loan from Macquarie Credit Union, please contact the lender directly.
Each Macquarie Credit Union product has specific eligibility criteria but some will apply to all products. For example:
- Age. You must be over 18 years of age.
- Residency. You should be a resident of Australia.
- Employment. You should have a regular source of income.
When you apply for a mortgage with Macquarie Credit Union you are required to provide certain information so make sure you have all your documents ready before you apply. The documents you will be expected to provide are:
- Identification documents. You will need identification such as a driver's license, passport or birth certificate.
- Proof of income documents. Recent payslips can establish your income.
- Asset and liability documents. You need to provide documents showing your current assets (savings accounts, investments) and liabilities (your outstanding debt).
Looking for more mortgage options?
More guides on Finder
Property pounce: A record 67% of Aussies say now is a good time to buy
Optimistic home buying sentiment has reached a pre-pandemic high in Australia according to new research by Finder, Australia’s most visited comparison site.
Afterpay hangover? Beware of impact on home loan approval
Off the back of Christmas spending, a finance expert has warned that your Afterpay habits could negatively impact your home loan application.
Owner-occupier home loans
Need an owner-occupier home loan? Compare rates, understand home owner tax rules and more.
Nano promises faster mobile home loans, with payment features on top
Borrowers will be able to tap their phone and buy a coffee – via their home loan.
What is home equity?
A detailed explainer of the concept of home equity and how property owners can make use of it.
Firefighters Mutual Bank Credit Card
This low rate credit card has a $0 annual fee and is available to firefighters and other service workers or volunteers.
Pepper Money is an Aussie non-bank lender that offers a vast range of personal loans and home loans to customers Australia-wide. Find out more here.
Sarah Megginson joins Finder to lead home loan editorial strategy
Highly regarded journalist and industry heavyweight Sarah Megginson has joined Finder, Australia’s most visited comparison site, to oversee the editorial strategy for its home loans vertical.
Investment loans almost halved in cost since COVID-19
While COVID-19 has delivered a number of economic challenges, there is one area where Australians have benefits – with investment loans now cheaper than they've ever been.
Refinancing avalanche: Australians to save $389 million
Christmas might be coming early for thousands of borrowers with a home loan, according to Finder, Australia’s most visited comparison site.
Home Loan OffersImportant Information*
Up to $3,000 refinance cashback. A flexible and competitive variable rate loan. Eligible borrowers refinancing $250,000 or more can get $2,000 cashback per property plus a bonus $1,000 for their first application. Other conditions apply.
Up to $4,000 refinance cashback. With this competitive variable rate loan from St.George, refinancers borrowing $250,000+ can get up $4,000 cashback and borrow up to 90% of the property's value. (Terms, conditions & exclusions apply).
A competitive variable rate mortgage for owner occupiers $0 application and $0 ongoing fees. This interest rate falls over time as you pay off the loan.
Ask an Expert