Let the many years behind The Latvian Australian Credit Co-op society help steer your home loan.
The Latvian Australian Credit Co-op has been operating for more than 50 years and has its base in Victoria and New South Wales. It offers a number of loans and opportunities for investments or owner occupied properties to any member of the public.
Compare Latvian Australian Credit Co-op Society home loans
Latvian Australian Credit Co-op Society Merger.
Latvian Australian Credit Co-op Society merge with Dnister . Latvian products were no longer offered. For more information, please contact the lender.
Who is the Latvian Australian Credit Co-op Society? / What does the Latvian Australian Credit Co-op Society do?
The Latvian Australian Credit Co-op was formed in 1960 and offers a range of financial services to the general public. Membership is available for a small fee.
The co-op offers a range of investment products along with international money transfers, overseas drafts, cheque accounts, debit cards and direct entry facility. Its suite of loans includes home loans, personal loans and business loans.
Home loans offered by the Latvian Australian Credit Co-op Society
Owner Occupation Home Loan
Customers can apply for one of these loans if they are not buying the home purely as an investment but are going to be living in the home permanently. The loan is fixed for an initial period at a discounted rate, then it reverts to a variable rate set by market conditions.
A redraw facility is available, and these loans do not attract an establishment fee or any monthly account-keeping fees. A linked interest offset account is also available.
First Mortgage Loans
These loans help home buyers pay off their home sooner. They feature no establishment fee and no monthly account-keeping fees, and borrowers receive a fixed discounted interest rate for an initial period.
Pros and cons of Latvian Australian Credit Co-op home loans
- Discounted rates. A discounted rate is set for both types of loan and is available for an introductory period.
- Membership. Becoming a member of the Latvian Australian Credit Co-Operative Society is easy and cheap, and offers many benefits when it comes time to source other financial products.
- Flexibility. Though the Credit Co-operative Society is quite small and only has a few branches, it’s possible to make arrangements to carry out financial transactions at Westpac Bank branches. This makes the Co-op more accessible to a larger number of potential customers.
- Limited options. The number of loans to choose from is limited, so some borrowers may not be able to find what they are looking for.
How to apply for a Latvian Australian Credit Co-operative Society home loan
Before you apply for any type of loan at the Latvian Australian Credit Co-op, you must become a member. This is quite easy as all you have to do is to fill out a form, available from the Co-op website, and send $10 to its Melbourne office.
An application form is available on the Co-op website as a PDF document, and you will need to print it off and fill it in. When this is completed you can send it off to the Society’s Melbourne office with any supporting documents.
Documents needed to apply for a Latvian Australian Credit Co-Operative Society home loan
You’ll need to supply a range of personal details, including:
- 100 points of identification, including photo ID such as a driver’s licence or passport
- Proof of your current address
- Your employer’s name and how long you have been working with them
If you’re offering property as security, the Co-op will want you to provide documentation including:
- Insurance details
- Council rates notice
You will need to provide financial information so the lender can determine your ability to make repayments and how much you can borrow. The information you’ll have to provide includes:
- Details of your income. Depending on your situation, this could be in the form of payslips, tax returns, bank statements or your contract of employment.
- Details of your assets, including real estate, vehicles, savings and shares.
- Details of any liabilities you may have, such as credit card debt and other loans, as well as information about your recurring expenses.
Before deciding whether one of the Latvian Australian Credit Co-Operative Society’s home loans is right for you, compare its products with other loans on the market and speak to an expert to get tailored advice.