Keystart Home Loans
Compare affordable loans available for Western Australians with flexible terms and features.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Keystart is a government initiative offering finance for people striving to buy a home in the state of Western Australia. Compare Keystart home loans in the table or read more about the lender.
Compare Keystart home loans
Compare Keystart home loan products in the table below.
Keystart lender profile
- Keystart is a lender offering affordable home loan financing in Western Australia for first home buyers with low deposits. Keystart is a private company with one shareholder, the WA government's Housing Authority.
- Unlike most lenders, Keystart offers home loans with deposits as low as just 2%. Because they're focused on housing affordability, there are income limits for applicants. If you earn more than a set amount you won't qualify for a Keystart loan.
- Keystart offers several home loans, including a loan for first home buyers, a loan for Indigenous borrowers and a shared ownership home loan.
Keystart home loan types
Here's more information about Keystart's mortgage products:
- Low Deposit Home Loan. This is a loan available with just a 2% deposit that also lets you avoid lenders mortgage insurance costs.
- Shared Ownership Home Loan. Also available with a 2% deposit, this loan uses a shared equity model in which WA's Housing Authority funds part of your purchase, meaning you borrow less. The home will still be yours, and you can buy the remainder of the property later. If you sell the home, you may have to sell it to the Housing Authority in order to repay its share of the property.
- Aboriginal Home Loan. This is a loan designed to assist Aboriginal residents to buy their own homes. There are low deposit and shared ownership options available, as with the products listed above.
- Access Home Loan. This is a home loan for borrowers with permanent disabilities or carers of people with permanent disabilities.
- Rural Home Loan. This is a flexible finance option designed for farmers and rural business owners.
How do I apply for a Keystart mortgage?
If you'd like to apply for a home loan from Keystart, please contact the lender directly.
Each Keystart product has specific eligibility criteria but some will apply to all products. For example:
- Age. You must be over 18 years of age.
- Residency. You should be a resident of Australia and of WA.
When you apply for a mortgage with Keystart you are required to provide certain information so make sure you have all your documents ready before you apply. The documents you will be expected to provide are:
- Identification documents. You will need identification such as a driver's license, passport or birth certificate.
- Proof of income documents. Recent payslips can establish your income.
- Asset and liability documents. You need to provide documents showing your current assets (savings accounts, investments) and liabilities (your outstanding debt).
Looking for more mortgage options?
More guides on Finder
Property pounce: A record 67% of Aussies say now is a good time to buy
Optimistic home buying sentiment has reached a pre-pandemic high in Australia according to new research by Finder, Australia’s most visited comparison site.
Afterpay hangover? Beware of impact on home loan approval
Off the back of Christmas spending, a finance expert has warned that your Afterpay habits could negatively impact your home loan application.
Are you better off putting $10k in your home loan or in super?
Our experts crunch the numbers to help you work out the best place to park your money: is it your mortgage or your super fund?
Christmas comedown: 1 in 4 Aussies worried about housing costs
One in four (25%) Australians are worried about how they will pay the rent or mortgage after Christmas, according to new research by Finder, Australia’s most visited comparison site. Find out how the Finder App can help save you money in 2021.
UCapital Unsecured Business Loan
A UCapital unsecured business loan can provide up to $300,000 without security, with repayment terms between 3 and 12 months.
What is a redraw facility?
Here's what borrowers need to know about home loans with redraw facilities.
It’s official: Comparing home loans saves you big money
Lenders often give discounts to new borrowers, but not to loyal existing customers. Here's how to work out if you're being charged too much.
How to start a corporate merchandising business
From business loans to perfecting your sales expertise, helpful tips for launching your business.
How to start an asbestos removal business
Your comprehensive guide to starting an asbestos removal company.
How to start a landscaping business
How to start your landscaping business from the ground up.
Home Loan OffersImportant Information*
Up to $3,000 refinance cashback. A flexible and competitive variable rate loan. Eligible borrowers refinancing $250,000 or more can get $2,000 cashback per property plus a bonus $1,000 for their first application. Other conditions apply.
Up to $4,000 refinance cashback. With this competitive variable rate loan from St.George, refinancers borrowing $250,000+ can get up $4,000 cashback and borrow up to 90% of the property's value. (Terms, conditions & exclusions apply).
A competitive variable rate mortgage for owner occupiers $0 application and $0 ongoing fees. This interest rate falls over time as you pay off the loan.
Ask an Expert