Keystart Home Loans
Compare affordable loans available for Western Australians with flexible terms and features.
Keystart is a government initiative offering finance for people striving to buy a home in the state of Western Australia. Compare Keystart home loans in the table or read more about the lender.
Compare Keystart home loans
Compare Keystart home loan products in the table below.
Keystart lender profile
- Keystart is a lender offering affordable home loan financing in Western Australia for first home buyers with low deposits. Keystart is a private company with one shareholder, the WA government's Housing Authority.
- Unlike most lenders, Keystart offers home loans with deposits as low as just 2%. Because they're focused on housing affordability, there are income limits for applicants. If you earn more than a set amount you won't qualify for a Keystart loan.
- Keystart offers several home loans, including a loan for first home buyers, a loan for Indigenous borrowers and a shared ownership home loan.
Keystart home loan types
Here's more information about Keystart's mortgage products:
- Low Deposit Home Loan. This is a loan available with just a 2% deposit that also lets you avoid lenders mortgage insurance costs.
- Shared Ownership Home Loan. Also available with a 2% deposit, this loan uses a shared equity model in which WA's Housing Authority funds part of your purchase, meaning you borrow less. The home will still be yours, and you can buy the remainder of the property later. If you sell the home, you may have to sell it to the Housing Authority in order to repay its share of the property.
- Aboriginal Home Loan. This is a loan designed to assist Aboriginal residents to buy their own homes. There are low deposit and shared ownership options available, as with the products listed above.
- Access Home Loan. This is a home loan for borrowers with permanent disabilities or carers of people with permanent disabilities.
- Rural Home Loan. This is a flexible finance option designed for farmers and rural business owners.
How do I apply for a Keystart mortgage?
If you'd like to apply for a home loan from Keystart, please contact the lender directly.
Each Keystart product has specific eligibility criteria but some will apply to all products. For example:
- Age. You must be over 18 years of age.
- Residency. You should be a resident of Australia and of WA.
When you apply for a mortgage with Keystart you are required to provide certain information so make sure you have all your documents ready before you apply. The documents you will be expected to provide are:
- Identification documents. You will need identification such as a driver's license, passport or birth certificate.
- Proof of income documents. Recent payslips can establish your income.
- Asset and liability documents. You need to provide documents showing your current assets (savings accounts, investments) and liabilities (your outstanding debt).
Looking for more mortgage options?
Home Loan OffersImportant Information*
Owner-occupiers with 20% deposits can get this competitive variable rate mortgage. $0 application fee and $0 ongoing fees.
Take advantage of a low-fee mortgage with a special interest rate of just 2.49% p.a. and a 2.49% p.a. comparison rate.
Get a low interest rate loan with no ongoing fees. Plus you can make extra repayments and free redraw online.
Suncorp Back to Basics Home Loan - Better Together Special Offer $150k+ LVR<=90% Incl. LMI (Owner Occupier, P&I)
Get one free online redraw per month and pay no ongoing fees. Application fees are waived for loans above $150,000. Refinance to an eligible Suncorp loan and get a cashback of $2,000 or $3,000, depending on your loan amount. Other conditions apply.
Ask an Expert