Your guide to home loans from Investec Australia.
Investec aims to be a distinctive specialist bank with a focus on providing a superior service to its members and customers.
Investec’s first Australian office was founded in 1997, making it the fourth country in which the company has a base—the others are the UK, Ireland and South Africa. The bank now has staff operating in all major Australian cities. It provides a full range of banking services to its customers, serving the business and corporate worlds as well as individuals.
Investec has a range of home loans suitable for different requirements, offering its products to those in the medical and dental fields, as well as to its financial adviser and accountant clients. The bank strives to be an industry leader in the niche markets within which it operates.
Home loans offered by Investec
Home loans for medical and dental professionals
Investec offers a bespoke range of mortgage options to the medical community, with loans for those looking to buy, renovate, re-mortgage, or acquire an investment property. Offset accounts are available for all product types, while interest-only or principal and interest loans are available.
Borrowers have the option to make accelerated payments, and discounted fixed and variable interest rates are also offered.
Home loans for financial advisers
Investec clients can enjoy the benefits of Investec home loans, with features including fixed and variable rates and interest-only or principal and interest options. Loans are suitable for home buyers, investors, renovators and those looking to refinance, while fixed, variable and line of credit options are available.
Home loans for accountants
Accountants can also choose from Investec’s range of home loan options. Features include the ability to make accelerated repayments, secure online banking access, and fixed and variable rates with an offset option.
Pros and cons of Investec home loans
- Accelerated repayment. Some loans give borrowers the ability to make accelerated repayments so they can pay off their loan quicker.
- Ability to borrow up to 100% for owner occupied properties. You can borrow the full value of a property if you intend it to be your home, or 95% if you’re going to keep it as an investment property.
- Specially tailored loans. Investec offers home loan options specifically targeted at towards the medical community. Any borrower who works in this field should look carefully at what this bank has to offer.
- Not focused on home loans. The bank’s main focus is on investment packages, funds management and banking services rather than loans. Details of Investec’s home loans are hard to find on its website.
How to apply for an Investec home loan
If you'd like to apply for a home loan with Investec, please consult a mortgage broker. When applying for a home loan, you’ll need to provide a range of information. This includes:
- Personal details, including photo identification and proof of address
- Financial details, such as details of your income, assets and liabilities
- Property information may also be required, including information about the home or land you are buying
If you think Investec may have the ideal home loan package for you, make sure to seek expert financial advice and compare loans online to make sure you end up with the best possible deal.