EECU is a credit union for the ExxonMobil community which aims to provide the best deals for its members rather than to maximise profits.
Membership to EECU is open to ExxonMobil employees working in Australia and overseas, former employees and their family members.The credit union offers a diverse range of financial services for retail customers, including national ATM service, loans (car, home, personal), term and savings deposit accounts, general insurance cover and payment facilities.
Who is EECU?
EECU is owned by its 5700 members. Those members can choose from a range of options and terms to suit their home loan needs. It also offers a range of retail financial services, such as car loans, personal loans and transaction accounts.
Compare EECU home loans
Home loans provided by EECU
Package home loan
This is a comprehensive package that features significant interest discounts and no loan settlement fee. Some of the benefits of the Package Home Loan include a linked offset account with Visa debit card; free account transactions; no fees for switching, settlement and advances; and the option to have a fixed, variable or split rate loan. You can also take advantage of interest-only terms and loan pre-approval. Your loan can be approved for home, building, and investment purchases, and this loan comes with an annual package fee.
First Home Owner Package loan
o you qualify for the government's First Home Owner Grant? If you do, then the EECU First Home Owner Package might be the right financing solution for you. It is designed with your needs in mind. This package is a straightforward loan with no ongoing fees, low rates and additional redraw facilities. Loan pre-approval lets you buy with confidence, and you can make use of flexible loan repayments that suit your budget. You can also qualify for lower home and contents insurance costs.
Standard home loan
The Standard Home Loan guarantees a low ongoing interest rate. It also gives you the ability to make lump sum payments and use the redraw facility without charge. Other features of this package include the option of fixed, variable rate and split rate interest terms, and the ability to make use of interest-only repayments. This loan is also available for investment purposes.
Bridging home loan
The Bridging Loan lets you buy a new home even before you have sold an existing property, offering short-term funding when you need it most. This variable rate loan gives you the option to leave your repayments until the end of the loan term, or make repayments during the loan term without penalty.
Pros and cons of EECU home loans
- Flexible terms. Expect flexible financial solutions from EECU, with the chance to choose from a variety of terms and options to suit your needs.
- Customised solutions. EECU has products that will meet the need of every homeowner, from first-time buyers to those who are in the process of moving house.
- Competitive interest rates. One of the key advantages of choosing EECU as your home loan provider is their low interest rates.
- Open to the ExxonMobil community only. The main downside to EECU is it is not open to the public. You need to be affiliated with ExxonMobil to take advantage of EECU's services.
How to apply for an EECU home loan
If you would like to apply for a home loan from EECU, please speak to a mortgage broker. The process of applying for a home loan with EECU starts with applying for membership. Becoming a member of EECU is easy and affordable—you just need to fill out an application form and submit it to EECU. You will need to present proof of identification and you'll also be asked to purchase a $10 member share. Membership is open to any employee or long-term contractor in the ExxonMobil Group, and their family members.
Documents needed to apply for an EECU home loan
EECU requires you to submit proof of income to support your application for the home loan. The documents you need to submit are as follows:
- Proof of income. Employees can provide proof of income in the form of their most recent pay slip, a copy of their employment contract, or a letter from their employer stating their rate of pay and written on the company letterhead. Self-employed applicants can provide a copy of their tax returns for the previous two years. If these tax statements are not yet available, you need to submit a projected profit and loss statement for the next 12 months.
- Rental income. If you receive rental income, you need to provide your most recent rental statement as well as a bank statement showing your rent income.
- Other income. For those who pay child support, a copy of the court order or a Child Support Agency statement is required. If you are on family allowance, you need to provide a letter from Centrelink which confirms the amount.
If you are affiliated with ExxonMobil as an employee or contractor, it will be worth your while to examine EECU's products and consider becoming a member. Compare EECU's home loans with other products on the market and consult an expert to help find your ideal home loan.