Compare the range of home loan offers from ECU Australia
ECU is a Queensland-based credit union that aims to offer easier, fairer banking to all Australians.
Who is ECU?
ECU was founded in 1973 after a group of employees from the Cairns Regional Electricity Board combined their financial resources. The credit union now accepts all Australian residents as members. With 19 branches Australian branches, ECU boasts a base of 13,000 members. ECU prides itself in competitive rates, value banking and personalised service.
Compare ECU Australia home loans
Home loans provided by ECU Australia
Standard Variable home loan
Taking out a variable home loan means that your interest rates can go up or down depending on market conditions. This loan offers flexibility and can provide good value over a long-term period. The Standard Variable home loan comes with no monthly account-keeping fees and the ability to make additional repayments.
Standard Fixed Home Loan
Fixed home loans give you a fixed interest rate for the agreed loan term, which usually lasts up to five years. It offers the peace of mind of knowing exactly how much you have to pay each month.
If you choose the Standard Fixed home loan, you can expect no-account-keeping fees and the option to make additional repayments up to a limit. It also grants you a redraw facility so you can get access to extra funds if you need them.
Premium Plus home loan package
The Premium Plus Home Loan Package is designed for borrowers who want to take advantage of other financial services offered by ECU Australia. Choosing this package means you can save on fees on a variety of services such as credit cards, transaction accounts and insurance.
Other features include no account-keeping fees, discounts on variable rate loans, discounted home and contents insurance for the first 12 months, and no transaction fees on the Everyday Access Account.
Pros and cons of ECU Australia home loans
- Extra repayments allowed. Some home loan providers charge a penalty fee if you make extra repayments on your home loan. ECU Australia allows you to pay off the principal earlier with no hassles.
- No account-keeping fees. The last thing you want is to have your hard-earned cash being chewed up by a range of fees, so this is a very handy benefit.
- Comprehensive home loan package. You can have peace of mind knowing that your home and its contents are covered by insurance if you choose the ECU home loan package.
- No interest-only terms. Other credit unions or banks allow borrowers to pay the interest-only during the first five years of the loan. This option is not available from ECU Australia.
How to apply for an ECU Australia home loan
If you’d like to apply for a home loan from ECU, please contact a mortgage broker.
Documents needed to apply for an ECU Australia home loan
You’ll need to supply ECU with some of your personal information to help them complete your application. The details you’ll need to supply include:
- Your current address. ECU will need to know where you currently live to be able to send correspondence via mail if necessary.
- Your driver’s licence number. You’ll need to supply your driver’s licence number and expiry date to help ECU establish your identity.
- Your contact details. You’ll need to give your telephone number and email address to ECU to help them contact you.
- Proof of ownership/residency. If you listed a property as an asset, you must provide the current rates notice.
- Rental agreement. If you are renting, you must submit the Rental Agreement for perusal.
- Proof of savings. Another document you should provide is the savings statement. You must submit at least 2-3 months of savings statements.
- Proof of income. You also need to submit proof of income to support your application. This may consist of two consecutive pay slips, an income statement, a tax assessment notice, a bank statement and a rental earnings statement.
- Financial statements and tax returns for the self-employed. Self-employed individuals must submit financial statement and tax returns for the previous two years.
When shopping for home loans, seek a mortgage broker for advice which products match your financial needs, and compare ECU’s loans with other similar products to find the best home loan for you and financial situation.