TICA Landlord Insurance

TICA landlord insurance provides cover for your investment property, holiday home or unit.

No reviews yet. Write a review

We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!

TICA is Australia's largest tenancy database which helps to protect landlords from bad tenants. With years of experience working with property owners and landlords, it now also offers landlord insurance. Find out more about your options below.

warningSome landlord insurance policies have temporarily removed benefits such as rent default and a few others because of the pandemic. Make sure to check this with the insurer before deciding on a policy.
We don't currently have this brand on our panel. But don't fret! You can head to the TICA website or compare a bunch of other landlord insurance companies with Finder.
Compare landlord insurance fast

TICA landlord insurance cover options

TICA provides several landlord insurance policy options. Here's an overview of what it offers:

Landlord insurance

TICA's landlord insurance policy covers property investment owners for deliberate or malicious damage, fire and explosion and landlord contents. There is also the option of upgrading your landlord insurance to cover events like accidental damage, pet damage and more.

Building insurance

This is insurance for the property itself. It can include garages, sheds and the actual building and covers you for fire, explosion, water damage, theft, earthquakes, floods and glass breakage.

Combined insurance

This lets you combine both landlord insurance and building insurance for ultimate peace of mind. It insures you for events including fire, theft, water damage, vandalism, storm, floods and more.

Holiday home

TICA also offers insurance for your holiday home. It provides cover for events including fire, explosion, lightning, earthquakes, accidental glass breakage, malicious damage, storms, theft by third parties and deliberate damage.

Holiday unit

If you have a holiday unit you want to rent out, TICA can also provide cover for that by insuring the contents kept at the property. Insured events include fire, explosion, lightning, earthquakes, accidental glass breakage, malicious damage, storms, theft by third parties and deliberate damage.

TICA policy benefits

Here's what you can get with a TICA policy.

Insured EventsLandlord InsuranceBuilding InsuranceCombined InsuranceHoliday HomeHoliday Unit
Fire, explosion or lightning
Earthquake and tsunami
Bursting, leaking, discharging or overflowing
Glass breakage
Malicious acts
Fire or explosion resulting from acts of deliberate damage by a tenant
Riot or civil commotion
Loss or damage to any part(s) of the household electrical machines

Want more benefits? Here's what else TICA offers.

More BenefitsLandlord InsuranceBuilding InsuranceCombined InsuranceHoliday HomeHoliday Unit
Deliberate damage by tenants
Theft by tenant$1,000
Optional - $1,000
Re-keying locks
Rent loss caused by tenant Max of $1,250/week & Up to 52 weeks
Optional - Max of $1,250/week & Up to 52 weeks
Court legal expenses$5,000
Optional - $5,000
Loss of rent (insured events)Reasonable cost & Up to 12 months
Optional - Reasonable cost & up to 12 monthsOptionalOptional
Temporary removal of contents
20% of contents sum insured20% of contents sum insured20% of contents sum insured20% of contents sum insured
Contents in transit
Underground services
Reinstatement conditions
Strata title mortgagee's protection
Prevention of access
Legal liability$20,000,000$20,000,000$20,000,000$20,000,000$20,000,000

TICA landlord insurance excess: How it works

The excess is a payment you need to contribute towards a claim when an insurer agrees to cover you. You have to pay any excesses which apply to your claim. They're generally outlined in your Policy Schedule. With TICA, your excess may include:

  • Standard/basic excess. This is usually applied whenever you make a claim and is generally around $300.
  • Theft by tenant. An excess of $250 generally applies.
  • Earthquake or tsunami damage excess. You might need to pay an additional excess for claims related to earthquakes or tsunamis.

How to make a TICA landlord insurance claim

You can make a TICA landlord insurance claim online. The following claim forms are available on its website:

More guides on Finder

Ask an Expert

You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:

  • Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
  • finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
  • We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
  • Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked

Finder only provides general advice and factual information, so consider your own circumstances, or seek advice before you decide to act on our content. By submitting a question, you're accepting our Terms of Use, Disclaimer & Privacy Policy and Privacy & Cookies Policy.
Go to site