CCI Home Insurance

Consider CCI Personal Insurance options to protect your property and personal possessions.


Fact checked

We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!

Providing insurance products since 1911, Catholic Church Insurance offers 3 cover options to safeguard your home and valuables: Buildings and Contents Insurance, Buildings Insurance and Contents Insurance. Read on to see what's covered (and excluded) under each policy and see if it's the right fit for you.

We don't currently have this brand on our panel. But don't fret! You can head to the CCI website or compare a bunch of other home insurance companies with finder.

Compare home insurance fast

What does each option cover?

CCI offers the following policy options.

This covers loss or damage to your home and the contents inside it. Cover includes accidental breakage, earthquakes, explosions, fires or smoke, impacts, malicious acts, riot or civil commotions, storms, theft, burglary, water damage and more. You can also save up to 10% when you buy a policy online.

This policy covers the physical structures that make up your home, including the building, garage, deck and shed. It can cover you against loss or damage caused by fire, storms, earthquakes, impact damage and more.

This is cover for the belongings in your home. It can provide protection for items including furniture, white goods, computers, clothing and contents intended to be kept outside, like a BBQ and outdoor furniture.

What's not covered?

CCI Personal Insurance will not pay your home building and contents insurance claim in the following situations:

  • It is the result of a deliberate, intentional, malicious or criminal act by you, your guest, your tenant or anyone acting with your consent.
  • It arises due to the lawful seizure or confiscation of your property.
  • It arises due to depreciation, gradual deterioration or wear and tear.
  • It is caused by inherent defects, faulty design, structural defects or poor workmanship.
  • It is caused by flood.
  • It is caused by the action of light, atmospheric or other climatic conditions.
  • It is caused by insects, birds or vermin.
  • It arises due to rust, corrosion, algae, mould or mildew.
  • It arises due to any cleaning, repair or restoration work that involves the use of chemicals.
  • It is for loss or damage to model aircraft, sporting equipment, bicycles or watercraft while being used.
  • It is caused by mechanical or electrical breakdown.
  • It is for the cost of data recovery.
  • It is for consequential loss of any kind.

What excess do I need to pay?

The excess is the amount you must pay towards any claim you make on your home and contents policy, unless the insurer states that an excess does not apply.

The amount of the excess you need to pay is set out in your policy schedule and you will typically only need to pay one excess in respect of any single claim. However, an additional excess of $250 applies to loss or damage caused by an earthquake or a tsunami.

Who is eligible for CCI Personal Insurance home insurance?

CCI’s range of home and contents insurance policies is available to any Australian homeowner. Compare its policy options with products from other insurers to find the right cover for your needs.

How do I make a claim?

If you need to make a claim on your CCI Personal Insurance home building and contents insurance policy, you can fill out an online claim form or phone the insurer, Allianz.

When you make your claim, you will need to have the following information handy:

  • Your policy details
  • The date and location of the incident and details of what happened
  • Information about any other people, property or vehicles involved
  • A police incident report number (if applicable)

To ensure that your claim is processed successfully, it’s also vital that you notify the insurer as soon as possible after an incident occurs.

You can also contact CCI on 1300 655 003 for more information.

Frequently Asked Questions about CCI Home Insurance

Ask an Expert

You are about to post a question on

  • Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
  • is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
  • We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
  • Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked

Finder only provides general advice and factual information, so consider your own circumstances, or seek advice before you decide to act on our content. By submitting a question, you're accepting our Terms of Use, Disclaimer & Privacy Policy and Privacy & Cookies Policy.
Go to site