Up to 20% off + $99 deposits on Australia adventures
Top holidays for couples in Australia and where to book them
Australia's most romantic destinations; from Perth to Brisbane and everywhere in-between.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Australia has abundant locations for getaways made for two. Whether you're looking for a staycation in your capital or an escape to a remote island, our nation has it all.
We've collated the best sites to book romantic holidays as well as our favourite destinations where magical sunsets, relaxing spas, stunning coastal walks and luxurious breakfasts in bed are available in spades.
Top 3 sites to book holidays for couples in Australia
1. Best for island getaways: Hamilton Island
For the ultimate romantic destination in Australia it’s hard to top Hamilton Island. Combine luxury accommodation with blissful sunsets and powder-soft sand for romantic walks on the beach, and you get the perfect couples getaway.
- Stay at: qualia is an adults-only resort that affords you privacy and luxury throughout your entire stay.
- Top holiday package: The Romantic Escape package includes sunset sailing, gourmet food and wine, VIP treatment and that all-important glass of sparkling wine on arrival.
2. Best all rounder: Flight Centre
Flight Centre has some of the best deals you’ll find for Australian holidays. It has packages that offer a wide range of dates, length of stay and accommodation options to suit any budget. You can sometimes even get an extra thrown in such as an additional day for free, or a reduced rate on your booking.
- Short breaks: Surprise your better half with a quick break that will do wonders for your wellbeing without breaking the bank.
- Luxury holidays: Celebrating a special event? Luxury holidays start from around $500 for three nights.
3. Best for luxe deals: Luxury Escapes
The name says it all. If you're seeking to impress someone or to celebrate a special occasion, look no further than Luxury Escapes. This site offers daily deals on high-quality resort stays and holidays for a fraction of the usual price. How can you lose?
- Packages are selected daily based on quality and price
- Earn Qantas Frequent Flyer points on your purchases
- Select from a romantic luxury hotel stay to a private villa with pool
Best holiday destinations for couples by style:
Best city break: Sydney
Sweet dreams are made of these: sunset cruises, nights at the Opera House, plush hotels and dinner for two overlooking the glittering city. Sydney has what it takes to make dreams come true, especially when it comes to couples looking for a getaway to remember.
- Cost: High end due to big city prices
- Recommended stay: 5 days
- Recommended hotel: The Hyatt Regency Sydney overlooks Darling Harbour and boasts a rooftop pool.
Best weekend getaway: Hunter Valley
The Hunter Valley is the perfect setting for couples wanting some special time together. Luxury retreats, regional wine tastings, beautiful sunsets behind the vines, delectable food served to tables for two and a constant soundtrack of clinking glasses are all part of the experience.
- Cost: For a luxury stay expect a luxury price
- Recommended stay: 2 to 3 days
- Recommended hotel: ChateauElan is ensconced in the grounds of a golf course and features its own spa; an ideal setting for couples.
Best for water activities: Hamilton Island and the Whitsundays
What could be more romantic than a heart-shaped coral reef? Not a lot, but add to that jewel-blue seas, magnificent sunsets, and an array of water sports and related activities, and couples really can’t go wrong with a trip to the Whitsundays or Hamilton Island.
- Cost: At the luxury end
- Recommended stay: 5 days
- Recommended hotel: Wake up to a view of the ocean at Whitsunday Terraces Resort ahead of a day of cocktail sipping and sunbathing.
Best for unwinding: Barossa Valley
The Barossa Valley woos couples with seas of green vineyards, bolt-hole accommodation and more than 80 cellar doors where you can raise a glass and laze the day away à deux. Couple that with menus feature renowned South Australian produce, and you have the perfect destination.
- Cost: High end
- Recommended stay: 4 days
- Recommended hotel: Trussed in vineyards The Louise offers fine dining, private wine tasting and experiences such as balloon rides for two.
Best luxury escape: Lord Howe Island
You don’t have to travel to far north Queensland to enjoy a castaway holiday. Lord Howe Island is situated just two hours off the east coast of NSW by plane, and couples can fall off the radar whilst they roam pristine beaches and crystal-clear waters, before retreating to private accommodation.
- Cost: High end
- Recommended stay: 3 to 4 days
- Recommended hotel: The Arajilla Retreat is boutique style, contemporary accommodation offering couples the chance to squirrel themselves away in the rainforest.
Best active holiday: Tasmania
For couples that favour a little adventure in-between fine dining and regional wine tasting, Tasmania has you covered. You’ll find activities such as kayaking through breathtaking gorges, horseback riding in remote national parks, hiking in pristine wilderness, and walking historical trails.
- Cost: Mid-range
- Recommended stay: 7 days
- Recommended hotel: Freycinet Lodge overlooks the waters of Great Oyster Bay and rooms include spa cabins.
Top deals on holiday packages for couples in Australia
More guides on Finder
Best drawing tablets in Australia
Get started on your own artistic adventure with one of the best drawing tablets you can get your hands on in Australia.
10 Best Black Friday travel deals you don’t want to miss
The biggest sale event of the year is here and we've rounded up the travel deals worth taking a look at.
Zeller EFTPOS terminal
Zeller payment terminals accept a large range of payment types including EFTPOS, debit, credit and contactless transactions and can be counter-top based or used as a portable terminal. See the fees and features here.
Black Friday deal: Save 50% off at Vistaprint
Get creative with your gifts this festive season with Vistaprint's Black Friday 2021 sale - save 50% on personalised calendars and more.
Black Friday Europe flight bargain: Take off from Australia from just $339
Athens, Berlin or London? At these prices, why not all 3?
Best Black Friday smartphone deals 2021: 40% off Pixel phones
If you're looking to snap up a steal of a deal on a new smartphone this Black Friday, here's a list of the best discounts around.
Emma Sleep Black Friday sale: 55% off for one weekend only
Save up to 55% on top quality mattresses in any size from Emma Sleep during Black Friday - but hurry, these deals run out soon.
Princess Polly’s early Black Friday 2021 deals are here
Get your wardrobe party-season ready with these hot Black Friday fashion offers from Princess Polly.
How to watch Western United vs Perth Glory A-League live and match preview
Western United will be keen to atone for their first up defeat when they host the dangerous Perth Glory.
Black Friday gaming deals 2021: Nintendo, PlayStation, Xbox, PC
Here are all the biggest discounts on PS5 exclusives, Nintendo Switch and Xbox and PC titles from the Black Friday video game sales.
Ask an Expert