Holiday homes in Sydney with all the harbour and beach views
Score a room in the heart of the city or on the waterfront when you book a Sydney holiday home.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Want to see how the rich live? Get a taste of it on your next trip to Sydney with a holiday home smack bang in the city centre or on the NSW coastline.
With views of the city skyline, beaches and ocean, these holiday homes in Sydney give those 5-star hotels a run for their money.
And they could be cheaper as well!
Where to book holiday homes in Sydney
At Booking.com you can secure entire homes in suburbs such as Parramatta and Bicentennial Park for a steal. Not only will you save a pretty penny but you'll have room to spare and privacy in spades.
Constantly on the move? Perhaps you travel to Sydney a lot for work? HomeExchange is a subscription service that lets you swap your home for another. It's available in over 187 countries including Australia.
- Free cancellations
- Taxes and fees are included in the price
- You'll need to become a HomeExchange member which gives you unlimited stays for a year
You'll never be far from the action with HomeAway Stayz. Its Sydney-based properties are centrally located and range from sky-high apartments with pools and harbour views to cosy and affordable studios in Darling Harbour and Barangaroo.
This accommodation aggregator collects deals from across the web and brings them together in one place, so if there's the same Sydney holiday home on Airbnb and Stayz, it'll pull both prices up so you can book with the cheapest one.
Discover the most incredible stays in the city with all the best views at Airbnb. On its list are waterfront stays with balcony views of Sydney Harbour, treehouse escapes along the south coast and apartments overlooking Bondi Beach.
- Free cancellations
- Taxes and fees aren’t always included in the price
- You’ll need to pay for your stay upon booking
How did we pick these Sydney stays?Our editorial team selected these Sydney stays on this list based on price, location and real customer feedback from booking sites and review platforms. Where applicable, we used our own personal experiences in Sydney to make recommendations.
Where should I stay in Sydney?
- For tourist attractions: The CBD is a no-brainer if you're visiting as a tourist and want to tick the Harbour Bridge, Sydney Opera House, Darling Harbour and Sydney Tower Eye off your list. Look for holiday homes in Sydney CBD, Darling Harbour, Barangaroo or Woolloomooloo for easy access to Sydney's big attractions.
- For beaches: Bondi Beach is famous the world over and there are stacks of homestay options that surround it. Staying in Bondi Junction can save you a bundle if you don't mind a half-hour walk or 10-minute bus ride to get to the sand. Otherwise there are plenty of upscale cliffside homes. Coogee Beach and Balmoral Beach are other popular pieces of sand if you'd prefer to keep away from the crowds and tourists.
- For families: You'll find ample space to spread out on the outskirts of the city in suburbs such as Centennial Park, Balmain, Glebe and Potts Point. These locations are packed with old terrace houses and are a short trip into the city.
- For romance and relaxation: Luxury staycationers can find themselves overlooking the harbour without the crowds by hopping over the bridge to Kirribilli and Mosman. For something even cosier, head west to the Blue Mountains where fires crackle in winter and trees grace the views from your private balcony.
Where to stay in Sydney for cheap
It goes without saying that the further out from the city you stay the cheaper your accommodation is going to get. Heading west to the mini city of Parramatta is a budget-friendly option but will mean a 40-minute commute on the train into the city.
For a good mix of affordable and accessible holiday homes in Sydney, pick an inner city suburb. Redfern, Glebe, Newtown and Balmain are hip-friendly options.
Where to stay in Sydney for luxury
The coastal suburbs of Kirribilli, Woolloomooloo, Darling Point, Cremorne Point and Rose Bay, and around the Sydney CBD are where you want to be for luxury. These expensive suburbs offer stunning mansions and million-dollar views to match.
Where to stay in Sydney for pet-friendly accommodation
You don't have to travel far to uncover dog-friendly beaches and parks in Sydney. To stay central, aim for the city's fringes. Rushcutters Bay Park and Macleay Reserve are waterfront parks that welcome furry friends. To the west of the CBD, Dog Park at Federal Park which borders Lilyfield and Glebe is a sprawling green space where they can stretch their legs.
When looking for a holiday home, filter your options to "pet friendly" to pinpoint the stays that'll accept your pet. You might like to seek out homes with backyards for your pet to run around in and lockable fences to keep them safe.
Frequently asked questions
Latest holiday home in Sydney deals
More guides on Finder
Handypay Green Loan
A Green Loan from Handypay could help you make your home more energy-efficient. Handypay green loans are available up to $75,000 on terms of up to 10 years.
Power outage in Victoria: Don’t forget to claim for food spoilage
There’s been over 25,000 power outages across Victoria. Home insurance can reimburse you for the food that’s gone to waste. Find out who here.
TCL 20SE Review: Great display but otherwise unremarkable
If you're after a low-cost mobile with a quality display, the TCL 20SE is appealing, but you'll otherwise be left wanting for app performance, camera quality and battery life.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Moneyme (MME ↑18.8%), Cd Private Equity Fund I (CD1 ↑18.5%)
The 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Tuesday 15 June 2021.
Amazon Prime Day: 60% off fashion deals you’re not going to want to miss
Bargain hunters - get ready to save on Nike, New Balance, Cotton On, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein and so much more.
Amazon Prime Day home deals to expect: Bose, iRobot and more
From home speakers to robot vacuums, these are the items to watch out for this Prime Day.
Staple items worth a splurge and how you can grab a cheeky 30% off all of them
We've got a cheeky 30% off at THE ICONIC so here are the staple items worth a splurge because the savings are too damn good.
THE ICONIC x Finder: Huge 30% off sale + 5 things to shop right now
THE ICONIC's massive sale is exclusive to Finder members and applies to over 40,000 must-have items.
Ask an Expert