Holiday homes on Phillip Island | Where to book your stay
Get your accommodation on Phillip Island sorted on these top holiday home sites and our latest deals and coupons.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Where to book holiday homes on Phillip Island
Browse through a wide range of luxurious and budget-friendly houses from tiny homes to bungalows with Airbnb.
- Free cancellations
- Taxes and fees aren’t always included in the price
- You’ll need to pay for your stay upon booking
Make the most of the holidays or just the weekend with a plethora of holiday homes that can host the entire family with large entertainment areas and multiple bedrooms.
Take your pick from farm stays, cottages, apartments, beach houses, bungalows and studios when you book Phillip Island with HomeAway.
Don't break the bank when you book with Home Exchange. Swap homes with people across the country or pay using Guest Points.
- Free cancellations
- Taxes and fees are included in the price
- You'll need to become a HomeExchange member which gives you unlimited stays for a year
Lock in your next Australian getaway with Hotels Combined and get the best price for your holiday home.
Sort out your entire Phillip Island holiday from accommodation, flights, car rentals, airport taxis and even attractions with Booking.com.
Where should I stay on Phillip Island?
- Cape Woolamai, Surf Beach, Cowes or Smith's Beach for beaches: These towns wille give you direct access to the beach.
- Ventor for penguin viewing: To see the penguins head back to land you'll be heading to Penguin Parade. Although small, Ventor offers a couple of farm stays close to the action.
- Cowes for family-friendly activities: Cowes will give you access to the famous Phillip Island Wildlife Park within seven minutes by car.
- Summerlands for hiking: Summerlands is one of the popular hiking destinations on the island, and so we recommend staying here or in Smith's Beach as there is one main road that leads straight to the reserve.
- Smith's Beach for wineries: Smith's Beach is the most ideal location for you to make the most of both Purple Hen Winery and Phillip Island Winery.
Cheap holiday homes on Phillip Island
Save on your next Phillip Island getaway with homes in Ventor, Cowes, Newhaven and Surf Beach.
The great news is that you can still score accommodation that's close to the top attractions without spending a whole bunch. You'll find the cheaper stays usually don't have extras such as a private pool, jacuzzi or large dining areas. You'll also find caravan parks such as BIG4 that offer more affordable accommodation on the island.
Big4 Phillip Island Caravan Park
Bungalow in Surf Beach
Phillip Island home (5-minute walk to the beach)
Luxury holiday homes on Phillip Island
You're likely to find luxury homes in areas such as Cowes, Smith Beach and Surf Beach.
If you're after the best of the best, we suggest keeping an eye out for stays with large outdoor spaces, have uninterrupted views of the coast and feature a jacuzzi or pool. Subscription services such as Netflix should also be included in the package.
Sunderland Retreat Phillip Island
Baydream Believer near Silverleaves beach
Pet-friendly holiday homes on Phillip Island
You don't have to leave your pets behind with a range of accommodation in Cowe, Smiths Beach, Surf Beach and Cape Woolamai.
We recommend these stays for their large, almost completely grassed backyards which allow for free roaming for your furry friends. It's also suggested you check for high fences on the property if you're bringing pets. Some pet-friendly attractions include Cowes Foreshore Tourist Park, San Remo Beach and Blue Gum Reserve.
Cooinda in Cowes
Island Relaxation Getaway
Frequently asked questions
Is it legal to stay at a holiday home on Phillip Island?
Yes. Holiday homes on Phillip Island are open to visitors.
What do I need to bring to a holiday home on Phillip Island?
There aren't too many things that you'll need to check off your "to pack" list, but we do recommend bringing along:
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Backpack (for hiking)
- Camera (for the penguin viewing)
- Reusable water bottles for hikes
- Hats and sunglasses
What should I consider when I'm staying in a holiday home on Phillip Island?
A few things we recommend looking for in your stay include:
- Central heating or air conditioning: Whether you're going down in the winter or the summer, having central air will make your stay a lot more comfortable.
- Private parking spot: If you're intending to drive down to Phillip Island, save yourself any hassle and pick accommodation with a parking spot provided.
- Extra towels: This may be a little more difficult to find, but booking accommodation that offers a couple of extra beach towels will save you from having to lug them in your bags.
- Barbeque on site: Considering that you'll want to spend as much time outdoors as you can, a backyard barbeque is a great extra for breakfasts or dinners.
- Cleaning or laundry supplies: With so many hikes and national parks ready to be explored, having detergents and a washing machine will come in handy.
How do I get to my holiday home?
Phillip Island does have an airport for anyone flying from interstate. We recommend taking your own car or hiring a car for your time on the island. Having a vehicle is not only the fastest way to get around but offers the easiest mode of transportation when visiting attractions such as national parks.
Latest Phillip Island holiday home deals:
More guides on Finder
Port Stephens hotels | Where to stay in the sandy beaches north of Sydney
Compare Port Stephens hotels, find the best sites to book them and get the latest coupon codes and deals to save on your stay.
Holiday homes in Port Macquarie
Find out exactly where to book your Port Macquarie holiday home online.
Holiday homes in Tasmania
Discover the plethora of holiday home options currently available in Tasmania.
Nelson Bay hotels | Where to stay in Port Stephens’ largest town
Compare Nelson Bay hotels, find the best sites to book them and get the latest coupon codes and deals to save on your stay.
Albany hotels | Where to stay on Western Australia’s south coast
Compare Albany hotels, find the best sites to book them and get the latest coupon codes and deals to save on your stay.
Lorne hotels | Where to stay in the town of Lorne on the Great Ocean Road
Compare Lorne hotels, find the best sites to book them and get the latest coupon codes and deals to save on your stay.
Caloundra hotels | Where to stay in the Sunshine Coast town
Compare Caloundra hotels, find the best sites to book them and get the latest coupon codes and deals to save on your stay.
Holiday homes in Darwin
Escape to the top end with a range of holiday homes to suit any traveller.
Holiday homes in Canberra | Where to book your dream stay
Search for long and short term stays in the Australian capital that feel like home.
Holiday homes in Adelaide | Where to book and where to stay
From beachfront homes to penthouses in the heart of the city, get ready to discover your dream holiday home in Adelaide.
Ask an Expert