Holiday homes in Hamilton Island | Where to book your stay
Find the perfect stay - for the perfect price - on your next visit to the picturesque Whitsunday Coast.
Where to book holiday homes in Hamilton Island
Getting yourself a picture-perfect view is easy with Airbnb's range of homes, apartments, townhouses, condominiums and villas on Hamilton Island.
- Free cancellations
- Taxes and fees aren’t always included in the price
- You’ll need to pay for your stay upon booking
Not only will you not be short on options, but you will enjoy instant confirmation, free cancellations and virtual tours when you book with Stayz.
Holiday with added flexibility when booking with HomeAway, from free cancellation closer to the booking period and 24-hour confirmation.
Browse through a multitude of stays that can host you and your friends or family that include large decks, entertainment spaces and extra buggies for hire with Booking.com.
Get the best of both worlds with luxury apartments and freebies. Enjoy your choice of free cancellation, breakfast, parking, Internet and airport transfers with HotelsCombined.
Save yourself some extra dollars on your next trip to the Whitsunday Coast when you book a vacation rental with Home Exchange.
- Free cancellations
- Taxes and fees are included in the price
- You'll need to become a HomeExchange member which gives you unlimited stays for a year
Where should I stay in Hamilton Island?
- Resort Drive for beaches: If you plan to spend your days by the beach then we recommend finding accommodation on Resort Drive. This will have you within a few minutes' walking distance to Catseye Beach.
- Near the marina for watersports: For accommodation that is closer to the Whitsundays group tour meeting spots, we suggest looking into stays that are within a couple of minutes of the marina. This will especially come in handy if you're briefly visiting and have earlier departures.
- Resort Drive for family-friendly activities: The Hamilton Island Wildlife Park is a must-see if you're bringing the kids along. Book your accommodation on Resort Drive to be within walking distance of the park – you'll also have mini golf just moments away.
- Catseye Beach for bars and restaurants: You'll want to organise a stay on the north side of the island as that's where the majority of food and drink bars are located. Catseye Beach hosts a plethora of bars as well as the marina bay.
Cheap Hamilton Island holiday homes
Accommodation on the cheaper side is scattered throughout Hamilton Island, with most being located on the northern or central ends of the island.
Although there are stays available for under $300 a night, Hamilton Island is not the most budget-friendly destination. Keep in mind that on average, one night on the island costs around $550. The great news is, the following accommodation options sit on the lower end of the scale but still offer guests the full Hamilton Island experience. Enjoy large outdoor spaces with the Three Bedroom Villa or Bella Vista, as well as those famous ocean views that redefine paradise from all three stays.
Casuarina Cove 15
Whitsunday Apartment West
Luxury Hamilton island holiday homes
We've found that the higher-end stays are situated in the northern part of the island, close to the marina.
You'll find all three of these stays are within walking distance of the island's hotspots, have high levels of privacy and their own balconies/decks. The Woodland and Kaylan homes host large outdoor entertaining areas with dining space and BBQs. They'll also have you waking up to uninterrupted ocean views with multiple bedrooms. During your stay you'll have access to at least one free buggy or airport transfers.
Woodland on Hamilton Island
Pet-friendly Hamilton Island holiday homes
Hamilton Island doesn't host pet-friendly accommodation directly on the island. However, there are stays located in Airlie Beach or Jubilee Pocket that welcome your furry friends.
The area is great for keeping your pets active, with off-leash areas including Shingley Beach (eastern end), Galbraith Park, Cannonvale Beach (eastern end) and Bicentennial Park. Caravan parks such as BIG4 and motor lodges allow pets for an extra charge. For those of you after a home with a backyard, we suggest the Whitsunday Palms as there is a large, grassed area as well as high fences to close off the property.
Airlie Beach Motor Lodge
BIG4 Whitsundays Tropical Eco Resort
Frequently asked questions
Is it legal to stay at a holiday home on Hamilton Island?
Yes. You are allowed to stay in a holiday home on Hamilton Island, but there is a limit of groups of 20 and social distancing still applies.
What do I need to bring to a holiday home in Hamilton Island?
Your stay on Hamilton Island will require a couple things, including:
- Beach towel
- Walking sneakers
What should I consider when I'm staying in a holiday home in Hamilton?
If you're looking to book on Hamilton Island, we recommend looking out for stays with:
- A view of the ocean: Nothing beats having your morning coffee to the beautiful Whitsunday Coast.
- Air conditioning: The island can be incredibly humid, so save yourself the discomfort and make sure you have central air within the home/apartment.
- Buggy included: It's the main mode of transportation on the island and since most stays offer a free buggy with the apartment, why pay for something you don't have to?
- Towels supplied: You'll be spending most of the days lounging by the pool or ocean so it doesn't hurt to have a few extra towels that you don't have to lug around in your luggage.
- On-site BBQ: Not the most obvious option, but having a BBQ is not only the perfect way to end the day but also is a great money saver instead of eating out.
- Transfers to and from the terminal: Some home owners will offer to personally pick you up, take you to your stay and return you to the terminal. It saves you having to wait for transport as well as organising it.
How do I get to my holiday home?
Hamilton Island has both an airport and ferry terminal. Some hosts will offer pick-ups and drop-offs to and from the airport so you don't have to worry about finding your way around. In the instance that this isn't an option, the Hamilton Island Buggy Hire is only a five-minute walk from the terminals on Resort Drive.
Latest Hamilton Island holiday home deals
Ask an Expert