Holiday homes in Dunsborough | Where to stay in Geographe Bay
Get that home away from home feeling wherever you go with these top accommodation sites.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Situated south of Perth, Dunsborough is home to epic stretches of coastline, Meelup National Park and wineries that will have you going back for more. From sipping on the finest reds to hiking through picturesque bushland, we've got your accommodation sorted so you can get back to organising the perfect itinerary. Keep reading to find the ideal home for you, ranging from luxury to budget-friendly stays.
Where to book holiday homes in Dunsborough
Have the sun and sand a stone's throw away with Airbnb's wide range of accommodation options located right on the water's edge.
- Free cancellations
- Taxes and fees aren’t always included in the price
- You’ll need to pay for your stay upon booking
If seaside escapes aren't quite your style, Stayz has you covered with a plethora of homes situated in Dunsborough's inland.
Browse through a wide selection of homes, apartments, lodges, cottages, villas, townhouses, chalets and cabins with HomeAway.
Organise your entire domestic vacation with accommodation, flights, airport transfers, car rentals and even attraction tickets all in one place with Booking.com.
Don't break the bank for your next Western Australia holiday with HomeExchange's range of cheap stays. Swap homes or pay with the site's Guest Points.
- Free cancellations
- Taxes and fees are included in the price
- You'll need to become a HomeExchange member which gives you unlimited stays for a year
Where should I stay in Dunsborough?
- For beaches: It doesn't get much closer to the action than accommodation on Geographe Bay Road or Bay View Crescent. For walking distance to the beach, the city centre is also just moments away.
- For national parks: Old Dunsborough (north of the main city centre) will give you direct access to Meelup National Park via Cape Naturaliste Road.
- For family-friendly activities: The southern end of Dunsborough or the north of Quindalup will have you near Xcape at the Cape, which is a water park for the little ones. There's also jetski tours available by the beach.
- For wineries: For all your wine-tasting desires, you'll want to find stays in Quindalup or its surroundings. There are also a number of vineyards further inland, including Palmers, Vintners Ridge Estate, Happs Wines Margaret River and Aravina Estate.
Where to stay in Dunsborough for cheap
If you're looking to save a bit of money on your trip, then you'll ideally want to stay on the western side of Dunsborough, further inland. Some of the holiday homes on the budget-friendly side are past Cape Naturaliste Road or Caves Road. You'll find these houses are usually more of a country stay with ample living space, but they may lack a swimming pool or jacuzzi.
Unique Australian Shed Style House
Where to stay in Dunsborough for luxury
Enjoy a slice of paradise in Dunsborough with homes on Geographe Bay Road, Bay View Crescent and the waterfront of Old Dunsborough. These luxury and high-end homes will be right on the water or within a moments walking distance. In most cases, you'll either be immersed in views of the ocean or surrounded by trees for extra privacy. These stays are quite the treat with large, outdoor entertaining decks with barbeques, fresh interiors and multiple bedrooms for your friends or family.
North Shore Holiday Home
Paradise in Dunsborough
Where to stay in Dunsborough for pet-friendly accommodation
Finding pet-friendly stays on the coast is not difficult with many stays situated in the middle of the city centre as well as Old Dunsborough. You'll find many of them are minutes away from the main coastal strip of Dunn Bay. Some dog-friendly attractions include Centennial Park and sections of the foreshore. We recommend these stays for their proximity to the beach as well as the large, grassed backyards they have on offer.
The Aldercress - Family and Pet Friendly
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it legal to stay at a holiday home in Dunsborough?
Yes. Holiday homes are open once again to visitors.
What do I need to bring to a holiday home in Dunsborough?
We recommend packing the following for your WA getaway:
- For the beach: Beach towels, snorkels, tent or sun umbrella, sunscreen and a hat
- For hiking: Comfortable walking shoes, backpack and a reusable/insulated water bottle
What should I consider when I'm staying in a holiday home in Dunsborough?
To make your stay that much more comfortable, we suggest keeping an eye out for these holiday home features:
- Air conditioning: Stay cool after a long day in the sun by ensuring your stay has central air conditioning.
- Private parking spot: If you intend to drive to Dunsborough, or you're renting a car, you'll want to make sure that there's at least one parking spot allocated for you.
- Outdoor dining space: With so many homes offering those picturesque ocean views, we recommend booking a stay with an outdoor eating area. There's nothing better than dinner with a view.
- BBQ: Not only will it save you money on eating out, but having a BBQ also gives you another reason to spend time outside.
How do I get to my holiday home?
With no airport or train station in Dunsborough, you have the choice of travelling by bus or car. We recommend driving down as it will make getting to and from your stay a whole lot easier. As mentioned above, you'll want to make sure your holiday home has a private parking spot included with the property. If you choose to take public transport, your best bet will be to take a taxi to the stay.
Latest Dunsborough holiday home deals
More guides on Finder
Kiama hotels | Where to stay in the coastal town south of Sydney
Compare Kiama hotels, find the best sites to book them and get the latest coupon codes and deals to save on your stay.
Best caravan parks in Kalbarri, Western Australia
Base yourself moments away from the West Coast’s Kalbarri National Park.
Things to do on Boxing Day in Adelaide filled with fun in the sun
Book a day out at the beach, the winery, the cinema or more this Boxing Day with these top activities.
Things to do on Boxing Day in Perth
Here are the top experiences you can book on Boxing Day to make the most of your day off. Plus, discover the restaurants, cafes and bars open, too.
Blue Mountains hotels | Where to stay in NSW’s world heritage area
Compare Blue Mountains hotels, find the best sites to book them and get the latest coupon codes and deals to save on your stay.
Holiday homes in Port Macquarie
Find out exactly where to book your Port Macquarie holiday home online.
Holiday homes in Tasmania
Discover the plethora of holiday home options currently available in Tasmania.
Nelson Bay hotels | Where to stay in Port Stephens’ largest town
Compare Nelson Bay hotels, find the best sites to book them and get the latest coupon codes and deals to save on your stay.
Cradle Mountain hotels | Where to stay in the central highlands of Tasmania
Compare Cradle Mountain hotels, find the best sites to book them and get the latest coupon codes and deals to save on your stay.
Ballarat hotels | Where to stay in Victoria’s central highlands
Compare Ballarat hotels, find the best sites to book them and get the latest coupon codes and deals to save on your stay
Ask an Expert