Holiday homes in Darwin
Escape to the top end with a range of holiday homes to suit any traveller.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
From beachside bliss in Larrakeyah to tropical rainforest retreats, these are the sites that will have you booked in no time. With cheap and luxury options at your fingertips, your home away from home awaits!
Where to book holiday homes in Darwin
Booking 5-star luxury is made simple with Airbnb's selection of homes, apartments, townhouses, villas, cottages, bungalows and guest suites.
- Free cancellations
- Taxes and fees aren’t always included in the price
- You’ll need to pay for your stay upon booking
Perfect for getting the whole family together in the top end, enjoy endless accommodation featuring large, open spaces in both houses and apartments on Stayz.
Lounging by the water is effortless with HomeAway's range of poolside and waterfront properties in the heart of Darwin.
Don't break the bank with wallet-friendly holiday homes that offer peace and quiet just outside of Darwin's city centre.
Swap out your own home for a tropical destination stay in Darwin's city and surrounds on HomeExchange.
- Free cancellations
- Taxes and fees are included in the price
- You'll need to become a HomeExchange member which gives you unlimited stays for a year
Sort out everything including flights, stays, car rentals, attractions and airport transfers in one place for your next holiday with Booking.com.
Where should I book a holiday home in Darwin?
- For the beach: Lounging on the sand is best done in The Gardens, Larrakeyah, Fannie Bay and Casuarina.
- For national parks: Day-trip tours to Litchfield National Park, Kakadu and Katherine National Park depart from Darwin city, so to make those early mornings easier, consider an apartment overlooking the waterfront.
- For family-friendly activities: Darwin city centre is one of the best locations for family vacations. You have Crocodile Cove, beaches, Aquascene, the Darwin Aviation Museum and the Leanyer Recreation Park in close proximity.
Where to find cheap holiday homes in Darwin
Budget-friendly stays in Darwin are found in areas such as Parap, Malak, Darwin city centre and The Gardens. Keep in mind that the cheaper accommodation in the city centre is usually a private room. For an entire house, look to stay further north in Parap or Malak. In many cases, you can still score a balcony or pool in homes on the lower end of the price scale.
Private room in Condominium
Homestay in a Rainforest
Where to find luxury holiday homes in Darwin
For 5-star stays, you'll want to book in Larrakeyah, Bayview and Darwin city centre. Typically, luxury accommodation is found in the south of the city and features uninterrupted waterfront views. Expect to have large outdoor entertaining spaces, city or ocean views and, in some cases, a pool.
Spacious Modern Apartment with Large Balcony and Harbor Views
Skytower Sea Views Apartment
Where to stay in Darwin for pet-friendly accommodation
There are plenty of pet-friendly stays in the city centre, but if you want backyard space, then consider Tiwi, Jingili, Nightcliff, Coconut Grove and Marrara. They are your go-to for close proximity to Darwin city as well as for having enough space for your furry friends to run around. Acacia Hills is out of the city but offers more land if you've got a few pets with you.
Some dog-friendly areas include Casuarina Beach, the Holmes Jungle Nature Park, Marlow Lagoon Pet Park and George Brown Darwin Botanic Gardens.
Guesthouse with Bali Style Pool
Berry Creek Bush Retreat
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it legal to stay at a holiday home in Darwin?
Yes, you can book a holiday home in Darwin without restriction.
What do I need to bring to a holiday home in Darwin?
For the beach:
- Beach towels
- Sunscreen/sun protection
- Hiking shoes
- Swimwear for swimming holes
- Detergents for cleaning
- Backpack or adequate bag
- Reusable water bottle for day trips
What should I consider when I'm staying in a holiday home in Darwin?
If you're holidaying in Darwin, consider the following home criteria to make your trip effortless:
- Central air conditioning: Darwin is located in the tropical north, so humidity and heat go hand in hand. Be sure to book accommodation with a cooling system in place.
- Balcony: Not a must, but scoring a balcony with an entertaining space in Darwin is on our list of recommendations.
- Pool: If you're looking to relax for a few days away, then you can't go wrong with hours spent soaking up the sun poolside.
- Private parking space: If you're planning on driving, ensure you have a secure parking space.
How do I get to my holiday home?
Darwin International Airport is situated just 15 minutes by car from the city centre. Public transport is also available with a bus route taking you from the airport into Darwin – this takes around an hour. From the bus stop, you can choose to walk or take a local taxi to your stay.
Latest Darwin holiday home deals:
More guides on Finder
Cheap campervan hire
Catch the latest deals for cheap campervan hire in Australia. Brands include Hippie Campers, Jucy and Spaceships.
Campervan hire in Darwin | Where to book, what to know
Get out and explore the Top End with our guide to campervan hire in Darwin.
Things to do on Boxing Day in Adelaide filled with fun in the sun
Book a day out at the beach, the winery, the cinema or more this Boxing Day with these top activities.
Things to do on Boxing Day in Perth
Here are the top experiences you can book on Boxing Day to make the most of your day off. Plus, discover the restaurants, cafes and bars open, too.
Holiday homes in Port Macquarie
Find out exactly where to book your Port Macquarie holiday home online.
Holiday homes in Tasmania
Discover the plethora of holiday home options currently available in Tasmania.
Lorne hotels | Where to stay in the town of Lorne on the Great Ocean Road
Compare Lorne hotels, find the best sites to book them and get the latest coupon codes and deals to save on your stay.
9 Northern Territory road trip itineraries for epic outback adventures
Hit the open outback road and explore some of the NT's most scenic national parks, waterfalls and hot springs.
Gold Coast resorts for luxury accommodation with all the views
Here are the beachfront resorts with outdoor pools, kids' clubs, acclaimed restaurants and more to really set the scene on your next Gold Coast holiday.
Holiday homes in Canberra | Where to book your dream stay
Search for long and short term stays in the Australian capital that feel like home.
Ask an Expert