Holiday homes in Albany | Where to book your stay
Sorting your stay in the coastal town of Albany just got a whole lot easier with our top picks and travel deals.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Where to book a holiday home in Albany
Make the most of those peaceful coastal views right from your balcony. Stayz offers instant confirmation, cancellation flexibility and virtual tours.
Escape with the entire family over the school holidays or just for the weekend with HomeAway. With large outdoor areas and indoor spaces, there's plenty of room for everyone.
Don't break the bank with Homeexchange. Swap homes with people around Australia or pay with GuestPoints.
- Free cancellations
- Taxes and fees are included in the price
- You'll need to become a HomeExchange member which gives you unlimited stays for a year
Get more value for money with HotelsCombined's freebie options on stays. Take your pick from free cancellation, breakfast, parking, Internet or airport transfers.
From private pools to outdoor entertaining areas, Booking.com has you and your friends sorted for your next Australian getaway.
Find yourself accommodation with a whole lot of character with Airbnb's choice of cottages, houses, apartments and studios.
- Free cancellations
- Taxes and fees aren’t always included in the price
- You’ll need to pay for your stay upon booking
Where should I stay in Albany?
- Middlebeach for beaches: If you want to spend your days soaking up the sun and the sea, we suggest booking accommodation in Middlebeach. There you'll have an extended coastline to choose from as well as Emu Point in close proximity.
- Princess Royal Drive for walking trails or national parks: Albany neighbours the Torndirrup National Park, Gull Rock National Park, Baker's Junction Nature Reserve and Two Peoples Bay Nature Reserve. As these parks are quite spread out, we recommend finding a holiday home within the town centre or near Princess Royal Drive.
- City centre for family-friendly activities: Getting to the region's top family holiday spots is easiest from the city centre of Albany. With a couple main roads leading to most attractions, it'll be no hassle getting from A to B.
- York Street for wineries: If you find accommodation near York Street in the town centre, then you'll have the Alkoomi Cellar within walking distance. York Street also leads directly to the Albany Highway, which leads to Wignalls Wines, Oranje Tractor Wines and Wilson Brewing Company.
Cheap holiday homes in Albany
We found some of the cheapest stays in the general area of Mount Melville and Spencer Park.
Save money by picking spots that are further inland and don't have direct views of the ocean. According to Airbnb, the average price per night in Albany is around $190, but there are a plethora of cheaper accommodation options to choose from under or around the $100 mark.
If you're looking at saving a few extra dollars, we recommend looking into private rooms compared to entire homes or studio spaces
Albany Holiday Units
Luxury holiday homes in Albany
The most luxurious areas are by the ocean, including Middleton Beach, Albany CBD and Emu Point.
Your five-star stays have larger outdoor entertainment areas, some of which have BBQs, waterfront views and in some cases, garden spaces. This accommodation also tends to sleep more people, and is great for groups of friends who are getting away for the weekend.
Albany is quite a hilly area, so stays like the Bayview on Morley, Rowley House and the garden home offer views of both the city centre and the ocean.
Pet-friendly holiday homes in Albany
Albany is a pet-friendly area, offering a wide range of properties that will welcome your pet. If you're bringing along your furry friend, we suggest looking for stays in the Albany CBD, Mount Clarence or Emu Point areas. There are also plenty of outdoor reserves such as Foundation Park and Eyre Park that allow your dog to run around freely without a leash. We've chosen these homes as our top picks due to their grassed backyards which are closed in by high fences.
Large 4 bedroom house perfect for larger groups of family and friends
Amity View - Location Perfect Albany
Frequently asked questions
Is it legal to stay in a holiday home in Albany?
Yes. You are allowed to stay in a holiday home but it's still advised that social distancing practices are followed.
What should I bring to the holiday home?
We recommend packing:
- For the beach: Swimmers, extra towels, hats, sunglasses, sunscreen
- For national parks: Comfortable walking shoes, hiking essentials (optional)
- For wineries: Dress shoes
What should I consider when booking a holiday home in Albany?
A few things we suggest keeping in mind when booking accommodation include:
- Air conditioning/heating. Depending on what time of year you're going, you'll want the option of central heating as well as cooling.
- Outdoor balcony. One of the main perks of staying in Albany is the picturesque views of the water. So picking a stay with an outdoor space is sure to make breakfast (or dinner) that much more special.
- Onsite parking. If you're driving to Albany, be sure to book a stay that has its own private parking spot.
How can I get to Albany?
If you don't want to drive, you can catch a train to Albany's local train station. From there, if your accommodation is in the town centre, you may be able to walk or simply order a taxi. However, we suggest driving if you can, as it will make getting around a little easier.
Check out the latest Albany holiday home deals
More guides on Finder
Best caravan parks on the Sunshine Coast
Discover more than just idyllic beaches and untouched national parks along the Sunshine Coast.
Best caravan parks in Kingscliff
Find the perfect place to sleep in this laid-back town on the Tweed Coast.
Campervan hire in Hobart | Where to book, what to know
Make the most of the great outdoors by comparing your options and the latest deals for campervan hire in Hobart.
Campervan hire in Tasmania | Where to book, what to know
Got the wanderlust? Explore the rugged Tasmanian wilderness with a campervan to suit your needs.
Campervan hire in Sydney | Where to book, what to know
Find your perfect home on wheels with campervan rentals in The Harbour City.
Campervan hire in Perth | Where to book, what to know
Whether you’re headed into the outback or along the coast, make your trip that bit smoother with the perfect campervan.
Campervan hire in New Zealand | Where to book, what to know
Take your exploration to the next level with this guide to campervan hire in New Zealand.
Blue Mountains hotels | Where to stay in NSW’s world heritage area
Compare Blue Mountains hotels, find the best sites to book them and get the latest coupon codes and deals to save on your stay.
Holiday homes in Port Macquarie
Find out exactly where to book your Port Macquarie holiday home online.
Holiday homes in Tasmania
Discover the plethora of holiday home options currently available in Tasmania.
Ask an Expert