Save on credit card costs with a competitive purchase rate and low annual fee on this no-frills Visa credit card.
The Holiday Coast Light Visa credit card is a low annual fee and low purchase rate credit card. It also features a balance transfer promotion for the first months the account is open. In addition to these features, the Holiday Coast Light Visa has a minimum credit limit of which could be ideal if you’re looking for a low fee credit card and you’re on a low income.
Holiday Coast Light Visa credit card review
The Holiday Coast Light Visa credit card is designed to be an affordable credit option, with a low ongoing purchase rate and annual fee. It also offers interest-free days for new purchases if you pay off the balance in full by the due date on every statement.
The cash advance rate for this card is a touch below the rest of the market at (variable). But it’s still significantly higher than the purchase rate () and high enough to make cash advances an expensive transaction. The balance transfer rate of for months is another money saving feature of the Light Visa credit card, giving you the chance to save money on interest for any existing debts you transfer to this card.
Benefits of the Holiday Coast Light Visa credit card
- Interest-free balance transfers for six months. You can transfer your credit card debt to the Holiday Coast Light Visa credit card and pay interest for the first months the account is open. You can use up to 80% of your approved credit limit for a balance transfer.At the end of the balance transfer period, any unpaid balance will accrue interest at the cash advance rate.
- Low purchase interest rate. Pay just interest when you use the Holiday Coast Light Visa credit card to make purchases.
- Up to days interest-free. Holiday Coast gives you up to days interest-free when you pay your Light Visa credit card balance in full by the statement due date each month.
- Low annual fee. The Holiday Coast Light Visa has an annual fee of This fee is charged on the anniversary from when the account is opened. If paying an annual fee is something you want to avoid, you may also want to consider a range of no annual fee credit cards with similar balance transfer offers.
Features of the Holiday Coast Light Visa credit card
- Cash advance rate. Cash advance transactions such as ATM withdrawals accrue interest at (variable).
- Minimum repayments. Holiday Coast Credit Union requires a minimum repayment of .
- Late payment fee. If you don’t make the minimum monthly repayment by the statement due date the credit union charges a late payment fee.
- Low credit limit. The Holiday Coast Light Visa credit card has a minimum credit limit of . This means you can apply for this credit card if you’re a low income earner. You can choose a specific credit limit or apply for the maximum credit limit available when you apply for the Light Visa credit card.
- Internet banking. View your recent transactions, available credit limit and statement information by registering for Horizon Credit Union Internet banking.
- Visa credit card. You can use the Holiday Coast Light Visa credit card at shops and ATMs all over the world, wherever Visa is accepted.
- Visa Entertainment. Get first choice on tickets to sporting, musical and cultural events with Visa Entertainment.
- Visa payWave. Make tap and go purchases up to the value of $100 in seconds using Visa payWave.
- Visa zero liability guarantee. The Visa Zero Liability Policy protects your account against unauthorised transactions, covering the cost if fraud occurs.
How to apply for the Holiday Coast Light Visa credit card
You can complete your application for the Holiday Coast Visa credit card in less than 15 minutes by clicking the “Go to site” button. You will then be redirected to a secure application page. Enter your personal and contact information, your financials and submit identification to complete the application for this credit card.
Before you apply, make sure that you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Age. You must be 18 years or older.
- Residency. You must be an Australian citizen or a permanent Australian resident.
- Credit history. You must not currently be bankrupt or insolvent. If you have been discharged from bankruptcy but you still have a negative listing on your credit file you can apply for this credit card.
- Minimum income. You must be able to service the minimum credit limit for this credit card and you must be working or retired with a regular income to apply for the Holiday Coast Light Visa credit card.
You’ll need to provide this information to receive approval:
- Identification. You need to verify your identity with Holiday Coast when you apply for the Light Visa. You can complete this step online by entering a NSW photo card number, driver’s licence number, current passport number or foreign passport or driver’s licence.
- Financial information. Enter your employer’s contact information, your net income and details about income from other assets. You’re also required to list your monthly expenses and any liabilities.
The Holiday Coast Light Visa is a basic Visa credit card. It’s low on fees, but it doesn’t include any extras. We have a number of credit cards in our comparison that are low on fees and have long-term introductory offers that you may also want to consider. You can also ask us a question below if you need help with your comparison.Back to top