Holden Commodore insurance costs
Shedding light on car insurance prices
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Average Holden Commodore insurance costs
The average comprehensive insurance policy for a Holden Commodore is $109 a month - or $1,139 a year. Your actual cost could be higher or lower depending on your driving record, the number of kilometres you drive in a year and other factors. To determine our estimated cost, we aggregated quotes from 5 insurance companies using this profile:
- 2017 Holden Commodore
- More than 30,000 kilometres driven yearly
- No accidents in the past five years
- Driver located in Sydney
- Car parked in garage at night
- Black vehicle
Other factors that can affect your auto insurance cost
- The Holden Commodore’s model year
- The colour of the vehicle
- The amount of coverage you need
- The estimated kilometres you drive in a year
- The vehicle’s safety and anti-theft features
- The driver’s location
- The driver’s age
- The driver’s driving history in the past five years
- The driver’s marital status
- The driver’s gender
About the Holden Commodore
The Holden Commodore is an Australian icon that has been around since 1978 and is currently in its 5th generation. The mid to large-sized car is known for its performance, reliability and comfort.
Insurance companies determine the insurance cost for a Holden Commodore based on safety ratings, theft rates, replacement costs and overall damage susceptibility. Insurance costs can change based on a driver’s history and location.
Holden shoppers should grab quotes from several insurance companies to find the lowest premium possible before they commit. Holden Commodore shoppers should also do their research and see if they qualify for insurance discounts with each insurance company.
Random Holden Facts
- Holden started out as a saddlery manufacturer in South Australia in 1856.
- The company has been involved in Australian car racing since 1968. It has won the Bathurst 100 more times than any other manufacturer, with 32 wins.
- Holden was the first Australian manufacturer to introduce seatbelts in all its models.
- Holden became a subsidiary of United States-based General Motors in 1931, and is formally known as General Motors Holden.
- Holden manufactured its last car on Australian shores in 2017. The company is now strictly a vehicle importer.
How does the Holden Commodore compare?
Various Holden models range in price from $11,700 to $79,990. A 2017 Holden Commodore sits toward the top of that range, with a base price of $32,990 and going up to $79,990. With the average insurance rate at $1,139 per year, the annual insurance cost–to–base car price ratio is 3.5%.
How safe is the Holden Commodore?
The Holden Commodore has been evaluated by the Australasian New Car Assessment Program (ANCAP) and received a 5-Star overall safety rating. The car received a perfect score of 16 out of 16 for the side impact crash test by ANCAP. The independent vehicle safety advocate also gave the vehicle a good 14.06 out of 16 rating for the frontal offset crash test.
The latest model of the Holden Commodore includes anti-lock brakes, electronic brake distribution and stability control.
More guides on Finder
2021 Kia Stinger 330S review
The Kia Stinger 330S costs $9,800 less than the top of the line GT model. But should you buy it?
Six of the best electric cars in Australia
Here are some of the best electric cars in Australia in 2021.
Find out about the different types of warehouse storage solutions, how much they cost and where to find them.
Cost of living comparison
How much could you save if you lived in a different city in Australia? Find out here.
Nissan Navara N-Trek Warrior review
The Nissan Navara N-Trek Warrior ticks a lot of boxes in a very popular segment in Australia.
BMW X7 car insurance
Thinking about buying a BMW X7? See average car insurance costs and find out about prestige car insurance
How to start a delivery business
The skills, equipment and legal documents needed to start a delivery business.
Bentley Continental car insurance
Learn about insuring a Bentley Continental with a prestige car insurance broker
Porsche 911 car insurance
Want to insure a Porsche 911? Here are things we think you should know.
Peugeot 508 GT review
It has dashing good looks and stands out from the crowd, but is the Peugeot 508 GT worth your money?
Ask an Expert