Cheap flights to Hobart for 2020
Heading to Tasmania? Here's everything you need to know about flights to Hobart.
Hobart International Airport is the primary airport for Hobart which offers direct flights to several international and domestic destinations.
This simple guide will give you all the information you need about flights and ground transport options to and from Hobart Airport.
See our latest Hobart flight deals
How much you can expect to pay for cheap flights to Hobart
Here's what's considered to be a good deal compared to the average cost of a domestic flight to Hobart.
Flights to Hobart from Melbourne
Flights to Hobart from Sydney
Flights to Hobart from Brisbane
Flights to Hobart from Perth
Hobart flight time
- From Melbourne: Approximately 1 hr 15 mins + when flying direct to Hobart Airport
- From Sydney : Approximately 1 hr 55 mins + when flying direct to Hobart Airport
- From Brisbane: Approximately 2 hrs 15 mins + when flying direct to Hobart Airport
- From Perth: Approximately 6 hrs + when flying direct to Hobart Airport
Airlines that fly to Hobart
- Virgin Australia
Hobart insider flight tips
- Sitting 17km from the city centre, Hobart International Airport is the city's and Tasmania's largest airport.
- Qantas, Jetstar and Virgin Australia all fly direct to Hobart. However, you can get flights to Hobart from other locations in Australia with a connecting flight.
How to get around Hobart from the airport
There are several public buses that can get you to the city in approximately 35 minutes for around $5–$20. The airport shuttle bus service provides door-to-door transfers from $15 one way.
Car rental companies such as Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, Redspot and Thrifty have their desks at the airport. You can compare rates at all of them by using services like DriveNow. Alternatively, you can book in a advance a transfer with Jayride or use Uber which costs $29–$39.
Ask an Expert