Hit Hong Kong in time for Chinese New Year with 5-star flights from $648 return
Earlybird fares to spend Chinese New Year in Hong Kong are still championing.
Over the past couple of months, Cathay Pacific has been pushing flights to Hong King with sale after sale.
Now, the latest brings flights to the nation from $648 return on a generous range of dates taking off from today until 15 November 2018 and then from 7 January to 15 June 2019.
This almost mirrors its last Hong Kong sale, which featured flights from 6 June 2018 to 31 May 2019 and also blacked out dates between 16 November and 6 January.
The big difference is the price, which sadly has increased from a starting fare of $616 up to $648. With Chinese New Year dates included (5 February), it's no doubt a sign of things to come with fares only bound to increase further as the date closes in.
If you've been putting off that flight we suggest you get in now before they do.
Sale flights take off from Melbourne and Sydney. Starting fares from Melbourne are $648 return while fares departing Sydney start from $664 return.
To book: Both routes are on sale until 30 June 2018, joining the ranks of other fantastic end of financial year travel sales, and can be booked directly through Cathay Pacific.
How good are these fares?
- Price: OK. These fares are on a steady increase, up $32 from the previous sale earlier this month. If this trend continues, prices are only bound to rise so it's best to snap up the sale now if you're keen on travelling before they do.
- Airline: Great. Cathay Pacific is a highly lauded 5-star, full-service airline that's ranked in the top 5 in the world.
- Travel time: Great. All flights to Hong Kong are direct, making travel time as minimal as possible.
- Weather: Great. With dates available practically year-round, you can travel any time, aside from the Christmas holidays, giving you all the weather options you can imagine. Outside of that peak Chinese New Year period, we suggest travelling in October to December for cool weather, sans the crowds.
Stephanie is the travel editor at finder.com.au and has been writing travel and lifestyle content for publications in Australia and the UK for over a decade. She loves chasing festivals and events and has attended everything from Oktoberfest in Berlin to Loi Krathong in Thailand. Chinese New Year in Asia has always been on her bucket list - will you beat her to it with this sale?
- New international travel rules: Quarantine, visas, airlines and more [UPDATED]
- $200 off: Flight Centre’s best 5 international travel deals
- 5 cheapest places to fly to when Australia’s international borders reopen
- Qantas sets date for international flights to US, UK, Fiji and more
- Virgin Australia VA-X and Win competition: All the details