Best high teas in the Gold Coast
Treat yourself to an afternoon of classy and tasty entertainment with these high tea experiences in and around the Gold Coast.
Indulgent is just one way to describe these sweet and savoury experiences for you and your friends.
Find budget options, high teas that include wine, unique twists on high tea tastes and high teas that come with colourful extras.
Best for macaron lovers: Passiontree Velvet from Groupon
Be extra sweet to yourself with this treat of afternoon tea for two that includes all of the classic trimmings plus a take-home box of colourful macarons.
- Location: Coolangatta, Queensland
- Includes: The Duchess Full High Tea (finger sandwiches, scones with jam and cream, high tea fancies), box of macarons
- Cost: $35 per person
Best for classic high tea: Leaf Cafe Bar Restaurant from Groupon
This is a high tea experience for two that’s ideal for those on a budget. Get all of the classic trimmings such as sandwiches, scones with jam and cream, a selection of desserts and a pot of tea to share.
- Location: Goodna, Queensland
- Includes: Finger sandwiches, chips, pot of tea to share, scones and a selection of desserts
- Cost: $25 for two
Best for an experience: Mount Tamborine wineries from Viator
Not just a high tea outing, this is a day tour that incorporates some of Mount Tamborine’s best wine trails. After a day out you'll stop for high tea in the afternoon at one of the wineries.
- Location: Mt Tamborine, Queensland
- Includes: Wine tastings at multiple wineries, high tea at a winery, hotel pick-up and drop-off, guide, live entertainment, lunch, snacks and water
- Cost: $160 per person
Best for a girls’ afternoon: The High Tea Party from Groupon
Spend an afternoon with the girls for a high tea event that is more than just sweet and savoury bites. The High Tea Party is also a fashion show where you can pick up on the latest trends and shop the stalls.
- Location: Main Beach, Queensland
- Includes: Full day fashion event including a fashion show, nail, hair, make-up and hand massage stands, classic high tea and sparkling bubbly wine
- Cost: $59 per person
Best for quirk: NightQuarter from RedBalloon
Start your afternoon with friends for a traditional high tea that includes sweet and savoury bites before heading to the NightQuarter to explore the 120 stalls.
- Location: Helensvale, Queensland
- Includes: Traditional high tea with tea or wine, VIP entry to NightQuarter
- Cost: $80 for two
Best for decadence: Clifford’s Grill & Lounge from Groupon
Take the afternoon to indulge in rich sweets, savoury sandwiches, premium tea and Chandon in the well-designed Clifford’s Grill and Lounge that is best described as warehouse chic.
- Location: Surfers Paradise, Queensland
- Includes: Handmade French macarons, petit fours, scones, ribbon sandwiches, premium tea, coffee and a glass of Chandon each
- Cost: $59 for two
Best for budget: Kafe Cafe from Groupon
Not your traditional take on high tea, this budget option includes a club sandwich plus cake and macarons for dessert.
- Location: Sunnybank, Queensland
- Includes: High tea for two including a Kafe club sandwich, a scone with jam and cream, gourmet cake, fresh macarons and your choice of tea or coffee
- Cost: $34 for two
Best for foodies: Fixx Cafe and Lounge
Tickle your tastebuds with this high tea that was designed to break all traditions. Think you’re biting into something sweet? It may be savoury.
- Location: QT Gold Coast at Fixx, Surfers Paradise, Queensland
- Includes: High tea for two with unique sweet and savoury treats and your choice of tea or espresso coffee
- Cost: $39 per person
QT Gold Coast from Finder Hotels
Dining at the QT? Why not treat yourself to an overnight stay to enjoy all its luxurious facilities?View details
Best for variety: RACV Royal Pines Resort
Choose between two different high teas: one on the 21st floor in Videre with scones, macarons, pastries and views of the Gold Coast, and the other at Panorama Lounge on level 3 with a more casual set of seasonal dishes and finger sandwiches.
- Location: RACV Pines Resort, Gold Coast, Queensland
- Includes: Various high teas featuring pastries, sandwiches, tea cakes, scones and seasonal treats
- Cost: From $33 per person
RACV Pines Resort from Finder Hotels
Double down and try both high teas when you stay at the RACV Pines Resort. It's perfect if you're keen to tee off on the green.View details
Does your company belong in this list?
Latest deals for high tea in the Gold Coast
Ask an Expert