Everything you need to know about high tea in Perth, including where to go for high coffee if you fancy a change.
New restaurants and bars open up in Perth all the time. But no matter what changes in the city’s dining scene, one thing remains constant – you’ll always be able to find somewhere for high tea.
The city’s high tea offerings range from the traditional to the contemporary. Sit down to classic tiers full of scones and finger sandwiches, or go a little more left field with something like high coffee instead.
No-one’s left out when it comes to high tea in the city either – there’s an option for everyone, whether you’re 12 or strictly vegan.
Best classic high tea in Perth from RedBalloon
The Terrace Hotel takes its teas seriously and the high tea drinks menu features a range of both herbal and classic teas from Harney & Sons. The food menu, meanwhile, is traditional with finger sandwiches, sugary scones and a selection of other sweets on offer.
- Location: The Terrace Hotel
- Includes: Savoury and sweet selection and choice of teas
- From $84 for two
Best vegan high tea in Perth from RedBalloon
The George caters for vegans, vegetarians, coeliacs, gluten free and pescatarians in its high tea offering. Whatever your dietary requirements, you can expect a traditional menu inspired by the classic high tea essentials like scones, sandwiches and macarons.
- Location: The George
- Includes: High tea and free flowing tea or coffee
- $96 for two
Best high tea cruise in Perth from Viator
You’ll need to work up an appetite ahead of an Upper Swan lunch cruise. Lasting almost three hours, it includes lunch as you travel up river, passing sites like Belmont Racecourse. Then, on the way back, afternoon tea is supplied, as well as onboard entertainment.
- Location: Departs from Barrack Street Jetty
- Includes: Scenic cruise, lunch, afternoon tea, drinks
- $111 per person
Best high tea in Perth for children
In addition to offering classic, sparkling and bottomless high teas for adults, C Restaurant also offers a children’s high tea for guests 12 years and younger. It’s similar to the adult options, but smaller. The menu features petit fours, freshly baked scones and delicate finger sandwiches, as well as bottomless cups of tea or coffee and soft drinks.
- Location: C Restaurant, Perth
- Includes: Afternoon tea and bottomless drinks
- $39 per person
Our top picks for high tea in Perth
The Duxton Hotel marries the traditional to the contemporary when it comes to high tea. On the traditional side, the food is served on tiered plates by white-gloved waiters, and the menu includes scones. On the modern side, the spread includes items like parmesan arancini and pastrami on rye.
- Tea time: Monday-Friday 12pm-1:30pm, Saturday and Sunday 12pm-4:30pm
- Address: No. 1 St George's Terrace, Perth WA 6000
- Phone number: (08) 9261 8000
- Price: From $45
One high tea is not enough for The Crown – in fact, there are a few types available at this hotel. Classic afternoon tea is served every day in the Lobby Lounge. On Saturdays you can tuck into French afternoon tea in Bistro Guillaume. Then there’s High Coffee, which is available every day and includes four desserts and a caramel espresso martini (or similar).
- Tea time: Varies
- Address: Crown Metropol, Crown Perth, Great Eastern Highway, Burswood WA 6100
- Phone number: (08) 0055 6688
- Price: Various, from $55 for two
A revolving room, 33 stories up in the Perth skyline is the setting for C Restaurant’s high tea. There are nine types of tea to choose from, and a bottomless cup policy applies. The food, meanwhile, is classic and includes finger sandwiches, savouries, freshly baked scones and petit fours.
- Tea time: Monday-Friday 12:30pm-3pm, Saturday 1pm-2:30pm, Sunday 2:30pm-3:30pm
- Address: Level 33, 44 St Georges Terrace, Perth WA 6000
- Phone number: (08) 9220 8333
- Price: From $47
Plump leather sofas, wooden floors, and black and white wall photography set the scene for high tea at The Treasury. The menu puts an emphasis on regional products. For example, the orange and Grand Marnier crème pâtissière filled eclairs are made with oranges from Moora, and the tarte aux pomme verte are made from Granny Smiths from Manjimup.
- Tea time: 2pm-5pm
- Address: 1 Cathedral Avenue, Perth WA 6000
- Phone number: (08) 6168 7822
- Price: From $50
Served in Origins Restaurant every weekend, Pan Pacific’s high tea is quintessential. It’s served on a three-tiered display and features the classic combination of sandwiches, scones and cakes. Throughout the year Pan Pacific also offers limited edition afternoon teas, like its Pretty in Pink tea, which came with pink treats and rose prosecco.
- Tea time: 11:30am and 2:30pm
- Address: 207 Adelaide Terrace, Perth WA 6000
- Phone number: (08) 9224 7777
- Price: From $65
You’ll need to bring your appetite to high tea at Hyatt Cafe. The menu includes finger sandwiches, a spread of hot savouries and access to a dessert buffet. You won’t go thirsty during this experience, either, as it includes free flowing sparkling wine.
- Tea time: Saturdays and Sundays 3pm-5pm
- Address: 99 Adelaide Terrace, Perth WA 6000
- Phone number: (08) 9225 1234
- Price: $52
The high tea menu at Pagoda changes depending on the season. However, what you can always count on is a mix of traditional and contemporary. On the three-tier display you’ll find the likes of cucumber sandwiches alongside seafood croquettes, and fluffy scones close to strawberry kiwi mini baskets.
- Tea time: Monday-Friday 1pm-4pm, Saturday 12pm-3pm, Sunday 1pm-4pm
- Address: 112 Melville Parade, Como WA 6152
- Phone number: (08) 9367 0303
- Price: From $31.50
Although its high tea menu changes with the season, one thing that stays constant at Rochelle Adonis is the fact that the menu is always inspired by the high tea traditions of Europe. So you can expect French pastries, macarons, bon bons and British-style cucumber sandwiches to be served alongside your loose leaf tea.
- Tea time: Monday to Friday 12pm and 2pm, plus 4pm on weekends
- Address: 2 St Albans Ave, Highgate WA 6003
- Phone number: (08) 9227 0007
- Price: From $48
High tea doesn’t get much more traditional than at the Peninsula Tea Gardens, a 10-minute drive from the centre of Perth. Fine china cups, a silver tea service and napkins are all part of the experience – as are classic sandwiches like roast beef and horseradish, and plump scones with jam and cream.
- Tea time: 10am-12pm, 12:30pm-2:30pm, 3pm-5pm
- Address: Peninsula Farm, 2A Johnson Road, Maylands WA 6051
- Phone number: (08) 9272 8894
- Price: From $42.80
Latest deals for high tea in Perth
Popular International Activities (Generic) coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|1 Mar 2019||Sign up for 10% off||********|