Pass on an afternoon tea with your friends and opt to spend it with one of your young family members instead.
Children will love these high teas, some of which offer dedicated kids high tea and themed delights based around their favourite characters and all of which welcome kids.
Most keep the tradition and elegance alive so older kids can feel like an adult playing fancy for the afternoon.
Keep scrolling to find our favourite high teas for kids around the country that are pretty hard to pass up.
Mary Eats Cake
For the older kids (11-17), take your pick between the Young Ladies & Gents Bliss, Mocktail High Tea or the Base High Tea packages. Mary Eats Cake also has the littlest of your little ones sorted (5-10) with the Little Ladies & Gents Bliss, Mocktail High Tea and Child's High Tea packages.
- Best for: Parties
- Location: Montrose or Brunswick
- Sample kids menu: Triangle sandwiches, scones with jam and cream, fruit, macarons and a fancy mocktail.
High Tea at Tiffany’s
Perfect for the girly girl in your life, the Princess High Tea couldn’t be better. Adults have a choice of high tea for chocolate lovers, Devonshire Cream Tea, Marilyn Monroe high tea and more. Guests feast on their sweets while surrounded by iconic movie shots and classic Hollywood stars.
- Best for: Little princesses and princes.
- Location: 26 Memorial Dr, North Lakes.
- Sample menu items: Sandwiches, petite biscuits, a macaron, and orange juice or babycino.
Stamford Grand Adelaide Hotel
Kids will jump for joy when they see that this high tea includes some fairy tale characters on the food such as fairies and frogs. Parents will be able to kick back at the Promenade Restaurant that’s just off Glenelg Beach.
- Best for: Cartoon fans.
- Location: 2 Jetty Rd, Glenelg.
- Sample menu items: House made scone, fish and chips, cupcake, fairy bread and chocolate frog.
At Rochelle Adonis kids can party in style in a room decorated with helium balloons. Groups are required for the high tea parties and cooking classes are also available.
- Best for: Learning how to bake.
- Location: 2 St Albans Ave, Highgate.
- Sample menu items: Various tea party treats and a milkshake.
Sundancer sailing catamaran
Set sail for a morning high tea unlike any other. Friends and families are welcome aboard Sundancer, a 50-feet sailing catamaran for high tea where guests can enjoy a variety of teas from around the world and sweets.
- Best for: Spoiling them silly.
- Location: Sundancer (Dock 1 Stokes Hill Wharf), Darwin.
- Sample menu items: Selection of global teas and sweets including cupcakes.
Peter Rabbit Garden
Available every Saturday and Sunday, Peter Rabbit High Tea delivers an exceptional traditional affair. Food is served on a 3-tiered silver platter and tea is poured into the finest Estate China. The views are great too, overlooking the Estate Gardens and vineyards which only adds to the sophisticated ambience.
- Best for: High tea in an actual garden.
- Location: Peter Rabbit Garden, Cambridge, Tasmania.
- Sample menu items: Freshly baked scones with jam and cream, finger sandwiches, gourmet savouries, a selection of sweets and tea.
What to wear to high tea
There isn't a specific dress code for high tea, but it's recommended you keep your attire smart-casual. We suggest avoiding lounge and sportswear.
What is served at a high tea?
You can expect to be served tea, scones and small sandwiches amongst other sweet and savoury treats.
Popular Tourist Attractions & Experiences coupon codes
|20 Sep 2021
||$60 off tandem skydives with code
|11 Aug 2021
||Get 12% off Australia tours and experiences
|13 Jul 2021
||Get $10 off activities with code
|13 Jul 2021
||Get $5 off activities with code
|29 Jun 2021
||$15 off all Australian activities with code