Best high teas for kids in Australia
Kids can enjoy an age old tradition with these high teas around Australia designed with little ones in mind.
Pass on an afternoon tea with the girls and opt to spend it with your favourite young family member.
Girls and boys will love these high teas, some of which offer dedicated kids' high tea and themed delights based around their favourite characters and all of which welcome kids.
Most keep the tradition and elegance alive so older kids can feel like an adult playing fancy for the afternoon.
Keep scrolling to find our favourite high teas for kids around the country that are pretty hard to pass up.
Sydney high teas for kids
Gunners' Barracks from RedBalloon
The perfect spot for a mother-daughter outing, the views from Gunners’ Barracks over the harbour provide a spectacular backdrop while you nibble on handmade sandwiches and pastries and sip on your tea.
- Best for: Lazy afternoons.
- Location: End of Suakin Drive, Mosman.
- Sample kids menu: Petit pastries, finger sandwiches, scone, jam and cream, choice of hot chocolate, soft drink or juice.
- Cost: $40 for children, $40+ for adults or $110 for two.
Sydney Harbour High Tea Cruise with Captain Cook Cruises from RedBalloon
Take in the most iconic views of Sydney on a Sydney Harbour cruise while you dine in style with classic high tea goodies that both you and the kids will love.
- Best for: Iconic Sydney views.
- Location: Cruise departs from Circular Quay and sails in Sydney Harbour.
- Sample kids menu: Leg ham and Swiss cheese sandwiches, mini scones with strawberry jam and vanilla cream, glazed mango and coconut custard tarts and assorted petit fours.
- Cost: $45 for children, $65 for adults or $130 for two.
Melbourne high teas for kids
The Hotel Windsor from RedBalloon
Serving high tea since 1883, The Hotel Windsor knows a thing or two about how to put on a fabulous display of decadent sweets that will be a treat for the young and old.
- Best for: A traditional high tea in a classic setting.
- Location: 111 Spring St, Melbourne.
- Sample kids menu: Traditional and orange peel scones with Windsor strawberry jam and thick double cream, and cucumber and ricotta cheese ribbon sandwiches.
- Cost: $25 (3-6 of age), $40 (7-12), $75 for adults, prices vary on weekends.
The Westin from Marriott
Kids who want a truly sophisticated experience should find themselves at The Westin where they’ll be spoiled with sweet and savoury finger foods that parents will love too. The Westin’s lavish spread will have the kids talking about this event for weeks.
- Best for: A luxe day out.
- Location: 205 Collins St, Melbourne.
- Sample kids menu: Milk chocolate crackles, strawberry dipped in raspberry chocolate, hundreds and thousands pinwheel and choice of hot chocolate, pressed juices and ice cream spiders.
- Cost: $30 for children, $59+ for adults.
Brisbane high teas for kids
Brisbane: Shingle Inn from RedBalloon
Sit in a place of history, in Brisbane’s oldest cafe in city hall where you and the kids can take in the atmosphere while Teddy Bear tea is brought out for a fun kid-friendly twist on high tea.
- Best for: A themed high tea.
- Location: Brisbane City Hall, King George Square.
- Sample kids menu: Mini quiches, Teddy Bear fairy bread, biscuits, milkshake, juice or baby-cino.
- Cost: $120 for four people.
High Tea at Tiffany’s
Perfect for the girly girl in your life, the Princess High Tea couldn’t be better. Adults have a choice of high tea for chocolate lovers, Devonshire Cream Tea, Marilyn Monroe high tea and more. Guests feast on their sweets while surrounded by iconic movie shots and classic Hollywood stars.
Adelaide high teas for kids
Stamford Grand Adelaide Hotel
Kids will jump for joy when they see that this high tea includes some of their favourite characters on the food such as Minions, Elmo and Olaf. Parents will be able to kick back at the Promenade Restaurant that’s just off Glenelg Beach.
Perth high teas for kids
At Rochelle Adonis kids can party in style in a room decorated with helium balloons. Groups are required for the high tea parties and cooking classes are also available.
Darwin high teas for kids
Sundancer sailing catamaran
Set sail for a morning high tea unlike any other. Friends and families are welcome aboard Sundancer, a 50 feet sailing catamaran for high tea where guests can enjoy a variety of teas from around the world and sweets.
Hobart high teas for kids
Peter Rabbit Garden
Held only on the first Sunday of each month, Peter Rabbit High Tea delivers an exceptional traditional affair. Food is served on a 3-tiered silver platter and tea is poured into the finest Estate China. The views are great too, overlooking the Estate Gardens and vineyards which only adds to the sophisticated ambience.
- Best for: High tea in an actual garden.
- Location: Peter Rabbit Garden, Cambridge, Tasmania.
- Sample menu items: Freshly baked scones with jam and cream, finger sandwiches, gourmet savouries, a selection of sweets and tea.
- Cost: $30 for children, $60 for adults.
Does your company belong in this list?
Latest deals for high tea for kids
Popular Tourist Attractions & Experiences coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|19 Sep 2020||Up to 75% off local deals + Extra up to 30% off with code||ENI****|
|19 Aug 2020||Extra $10 off site-wide with code||FDR****|
|19 Aug 2020||Extra 10% off Australia activities with code||RBF****|
|9 Sep 2020||Up to 20% off experiences for 2 + Extra 10% off with code||RBF****|
|9 Sep 2020||Up to 60% off Australia activities + Extra 10% off with code||RBF****|
Ask an Expert