Best high teas in Blue Mountains
Discover the best backdrop for high tea with these jaw-dropping locations in the Blue Mountains.
In one of Australia’s most scenic regions, you can find a number of traditional high teas that will perfectly suit the occasion.
We've pulled out four of our favourites below – now all you have to do is decide which one to try.
Best for views: Lilianfels Resort & Spa from RedBalloon
This mountain resort is a splendid spot to spend the afternoon. It boasts views of the Blue Mountains and a three-tiered platter of French inspired pastries and finger sandwiches.
- Location: Lilianfels Resort & Spa, Katoomba
- Includes: Deluxe high tea for two with sparkling wine, homemade scones, petit French pastries, finger sandwiches and a selection of tea and coffee
- Cost: $130 for two
Image: The Hydro Majestic Hotel
Best for high tea options: The Hydro Majestic Hotel
Enter one of Australia’s top historic hotels for an afternoon of traditional high tea with pleasant panoramic views overlooking the Megalong Valley. Plush furnishings and fireplaces in the Wintergarden paired with rich and savoury foods only add to the atmosphere.
- Location: The Hydro Majestic Hotel, Medlow Bath
- Includes: Selection of petit sandwiches, homemade pastries, scones with jam and cream and your choice of tea of coffee
- Cost: $55 per person (weekday), $65 per person (weekends)
- Stay: Turn this into an overnight stay by booking a room at The Hydro Majestic Hotel
Best for indulgence: Fairmont Resort Blue Mountains
The Fairmont Blue Mountains is all about indulging in the food and the scenery. With picturesque views overlooking the Jamison Valley as the backdrop to your tiers of sweets and treats, it’s a hard location to beat.
- Location: Fairmont Resort Blue Mountains, Leura
- Includes: Selection of traditional sandwiches, homemade scones, sweets and rich loose leaf tea or a glass of sparkling wine
- Cost: $49 per person
- Stay: Experience the ultimate in indulgence by booking a staycation at Fairmont Resort Blue Mountains
Best for selection: Bygone Beautys
You simply cannot find anywhere else that has the selection of teaware you can see at Bygone Beautys. With over 5,500 teapots that span 5 centuries, you’ll be able to see a unique collection of teaware in the museum before making your way to the tea room where tea is served with a side of theatrics.
- Location: Bygone Beautys, Leura
- Includes: Selection of rolled sandwiches, homemade tea cakes, biscuits, scones and choice of tea or coffee
- Cost: $49.50 per person
Does your company belong in this list?
Latest deals for high tea in Blue Mountains
Popular Tourist Attractions & Experiences coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|21 Sep 2020||Up to 75% off local deals + Extra 10% off with code||SAL****|
|19 Aug 2020||Extra $10 off site-wide with code||FDR****|
|19 Aug 2020||Extra 10% off Australia activities with code||RBF****|
|9 Sep 2020||Up to 20% off experiences for 2 + Extra 10% off with code||RBF****|
|9 Sep 2020||Up to 60% off Australia activities + Extra 10% off with code||RBF****|
Feature image: Fairmont Resort
Ask an Expert