High-Data Mobile Plans
You could get 100GB of data for under $40/month.
Updated . What changed?
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Start comparing high-data mobile plans here
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Mobile plans with lots of data are very accessible these days - you can get over 30GB for as little as $30! We've got a couple of great Finder exclusives on offer if you're after big data. Otherwise, there's plenty more to choose from with over 100 mobile plans offering at least 30GB a month below.
Compare up to 4 providers
What's considered a high-data mobile plan?
While there's no concrete number that suggests something as being a high-data mobile plan, we've looked at how our users interact with our mobile plans search engine. We found that anything above 30GB tends to be the amount that people consider to be "big data".
While gaming, video chats and YouTube can chew through your data given time, it's really high-quality video streaming services like Netflix and Stan which can devour up to 3GB an hour if you let them. If you don't use these services much, you might be better off checking out our regular SIM-only mobile plans.
Is a high-data mobile plan right for me?
A high-data mobile plan is good for anyone who's doing data-heavy things like video streaming when off Wi-Fi or people who access the Internet primarily through their mobile.
- Avoid surprise excess usage charges for breaking data limits
- Stream and download while out and about without worrying
- Frequent bonus data on plans if you switch providers regularly
- Premium plans may have free streaming inclusions or bonus streaming data
- Choose between prepaid or postpaid plans as desired
- High-data plans can get expensive
- Mobile speeds can be unreliable, making it hard to use up all your data
- Mobile broadband could be better if data's your main concern
- You have to bring your own phone
Circles.Life 100GB for $38 SIM-Only PlanPay $38 for 100GB of data per month with Circles.Life.
How to compare high-data mobile plans
When deciding on a plan, here are a few things to consider to make sure you're getting the most out of your plan:
- Cost. Many high-data plans offer bonus data for the first few months or recharges, then drop to a lower data cap for the same price afterwards. You can switch providers to keep taking advantage of these deals or find a data-to-dollar ratio you can stomach.
- Plan inclusions. Certain plans come with free music streaming, bonus data for video streaming or other entertainment options. If calls are important to you too, keep an eye out for international minutes.
- Excess data fees. Even a huge data cap can be broken. Some providers will slug you with a steep fee for extra GB blocks, while others like Telstra or Vodafone may slow your connection down to a mere 1.5Mbps.
What's the difference between a mobile plan and a mobile broadband plan?
The most important difference between mobile broadband and mobile plans is that the former only provides you with data, while the latter is still a functioning phone plan which lets you make calls and send texts.
If you're the sort of person who likes having all their services tied together or values convenience, a SIM-only mobile plan will probably suit you better than a low-data mobile broadband plan.
On the other hand, if you're happy with your mobile service and don't mind the extra couple of steps involved, or you're just extremely data-hungry while out and about, you can find some excellent value mobile broadband plans to suit your needs. Mobile broadband has the added feature that it can operate either via a portable hotspot or a SIM that can be inserted into multiple devices, not just phones.
Latest mobile plans headlines
Top deals include 500GB for $55 from Vodafone, triple the data from Circles.Life and up to $50 off Boost mobile plans.Read more…
How does the new Optus-owned provider compare to others in the mobile market?Read more…
TPG’s new MVNO, Felix, comes with "unlimited" data but at capped speeds. Is it worth it, or are there better plans out there?Read more…
Find out how you can buy the PS5 with interest-free repayments from Vodafone.Read more…
Find the best mobile plan deals for the biggest iPhone ever - the iPhone 12 Pro Max.Read more…
The iPhone 12 mini is now available for pre-order from the major providers, but how does it compare to the budget iPhone SE?Read more…
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
Circles.Life gives you loads of data for an affordable price.
Avoid bill shock and control your spending with the best-value offers.
Ask an Expert