This extras policy has your back on all the essential medical services you might need plus providing you with a 50% rebate on all treatments.
Starting from $0.65 per day*, HIF Vital Options covers all those vital ‘general treatments’ you might need including chiropractic, osteopathy, physiotherapy, emergency ambulance transport and general dental, plus some endodontic and periodontal services. Additionally the Vital Options policy will earn you a rebate of 50% back for each treatment or service you require. Unfortunately this extras cover is only available to singles and couples, however HIF also offer the Special Options policy which is more suited to those with families.
What does HIF Vital Options cover?
With HIF Vital Options, you’re eligible for cover on:
- Emergency ambulance transport (Vital Options covers you for 50% of the bill up to the maximum annual limit of $800 per person)
- Dental (general)
What isn’t covered by HIF Vital Options?
While HIF Vital Options covers a broad range of medical services, it does not allow claims for things such as:
- Ambulance transport from a hospital to your home or other hospital
- Complementary therapies (acupuncture, naturopathy, remedial massage etc.)
- Healthy lifestyle (skin cancer screenings, weight loss programs, pilates, yoga etc.)
- Pharmacy drugs
- Podiatry consultations
Whats the waiting period on claims under this policy?
Waiting periods are kept to a minimum with HIF Vital Options. Provided you stay with this fund, you only have to wait:
2 months for claims relating to:
- General dental items: 011 – 017, 022, 025 – 171, 311 – 314, 332 - 399, 511 - 535, 572- 597, 911 – 986
- Periodontal items: 213 - 247
- Endodontic items: 411 - 458
- Emergency ambulance
12 months on:
- General dental items: 322 - 331, 595 - 596
HIF Vital Options is only available to singles and couples. Parents should check out the HIF Special Options policy.
How do I make a claim?
- Extras claims can be lodged instantly using your HIF member card if e-terminals are available at your health service provider.
- Use the HIF SmartClaim app to lodge claims of up to $700 per day. The app is available on the App Store and Google Play.
- Scan your completed claim form along with the relevant accounts and receipts and email them to email@example.com. The HIF claim form is available in PDF format here.
- Fax your completed claim along with the relevant accounts and receipts to (08) 9328 1685. The HIF claim form is available in PDF format here.
- If you need further assistance with lodging your claim you can call the HIF help line on 1300 134 060.
Q: Is there a limit on the 50% rebate?
A: Yes, the rebate will pay 50% of your fees up to a maximum value of $800 per person per year.
Q: What exactly is Extras Cover?
A: Extras cover is used to provide you with insurance on other useful medical services outside of your private health cover policy.
Q: How long do I have to lodge a claim under this policy?
A: All claims must be made within two years of the service being provided.
Q: Are there any restrictions or increased wait times if I switch from a different health fund policy to the HIF Special Options?
A: HIF will honour the full length of your membership with your previous fund so you won't be burdened with any increased waiting periods. Furthermore you will be immediately eligible for loyalty benefits under the HIF Extras Loyalty Program.
Q: I want to use my HIF member card to lodge a claim but I'm not sure if my health service provider is e-terminal capable.
A: Contact your fund or ask your medical practitioner to find out if they have e-terminal facilities.*Pricing based on a single male under 65 years of age earning less than $90,000 living in NSW. Prices reflect the April 1 premium rise and are accurate for May 2017 but are subject to change in the future. Please use the comparison engine above for the most accurate pricing.