Looking for solid extras cover at an affordable price? HIF Saver Options insures you for a wide range of medical services without breaking the bank.
With cover starting from 66¢ a day, HIF Saver Options is perfect for young adults seeking to get the most out of their health insurance at an affordable price. HIF Saver Options means you’re covered for specific medical and surgical expenses depending on the level of cover you purchase. It covers chiropractic services, general dental services, pharmacy drugs, physiotherapy and an array of other medical treatments.
What does HIF Saver Options cover?
With HIF Saver Options, you’re eligible for cover on:
- Emergency ambulance transport (you will incur a $50 co-payment toward the cost of each service for non-urgent ambulance call out)
- Complementary therapies (acupuncture, naturopathy, remedial massage and more)
- Dental (general)
- Healthy lifestyle (skin cancer screenings, weight loss programs, pilates, yoga and more)
- Pharmacy drugs
- Podiatry consultations
What isn’t covered by HIF Saver Options?
While HIF Saver Options covers a broad range of medical services, it does not allow claims for things such as:
- Ambulance transport from a hospital to your home, nursing home or other hospital (inter-hospital transfers relating to an emergency or new illness may be covered following approval from HIF)
- Ambulance transport for ongoing medical treatment
- Off-road or air ambulance services
Whats the waiting period on claims under this policy?
Waiting periods are kept to a minimum with HIF Saver Options. Provided you stay with this fund, you only have to wait:
- 12 months for the surgical removal of teeth which falls under general limited dental item numbers 323, 322 and 324
- 2 months for all other services
This policy is open to anyone, although HIF Saver Options is more suited to young people looking for a decent level of coverage at an affordable price.
How do I make a claim?
- Extras claims can be lodged instantly using your HIF member card if e-terminals are available at your health service provider.
- Use the HIF SmartClaim app to lodge claims of up to $700 per day. The app is available on the App Store and Google Play.
- Scan your completed claim form along with the relevant accounts and receipts and email them to email@example.com. The HIF claim form is available in PDF format here.
- Fax your completed claim along with the relevant accounts and receipts to (08) 9328 1685. The HIF claim form is available in PDF format here.
- If you need further assistance with lodging your claim you can call the HIF help line on 1300 134 060.
Q: What exactly is Extras Cover?
A: Extras cover is used to provide you with insurance on other useful medical services outside of your private health cover policy.
Q: How long do I have to lodge a claim under this policy?
A: All claims must be made within two years of the service being provided.
Q: Do I get any extra benefits from being insured under this policy?
A: As a part of the HIF Member Loyalty Program, your benefit limits will be refreshed at the start of each year. Additionally if you stay with HIF they will reward you with an increase to annual limits on a number of services.
Q: Are there any restrictions or increased wait times if I switch from a different health fund policy to the HIF Saver Options?
A: HIF will honour the full length of your membership with your previous fund so you won't be burdened with any increased waiting periods. Furthermore you will be immediately eligible for loyalty benefits under the HIF Extras Loyalty Program.
Q: I want to use my HIF member card to lodge a claim but I'm not sure if my health service provider is e-terminal capable.
A: Contact your provider or ask your medical practitioner to find out if they have e-terminal facilities.