For specialised extras treatments as well as all the basics
HIF Premium Options Health Insurance is suitable for older people and couples who need more specialised medical treatment including hearing aids, blood glucose tests, orthoptics and pharmacy drugs among a range of other health treatments. This policy covers vital medical services such as full ambulance cover, auxiliary house nursing, asthmatic spacers, occupational therapy and more. The cost of cover starts from $2.29 per day.
Health Insurance Fund of Australia or HIF is a leading provider of cost effective health insurance cover. You can get the most bang for your buck by choosing either vital, saver, special, super or premium options depending on the level of health cover you need.
What does HIF Premium Options cover?
With HIF Premium Options, you’re eligible for cover on:
- Auxiliary home nursing
- Assisted reproduction drugs such as IVF
- Asthmatic spacers
- Blood glucose/pressure monitor
- Complementary therapies (such as acupuncture, naturopathy, remedial massage and more)
- Dental (general and major)
- Diabetes education
- External prosthesis/medical appliances
- Healthy Lifestyle (skin cancer screenings, weight loss programs, pilates, yoga and more)
- Hearing aids
- Occupational therapy
- Orthoptics (eye therapy)
- Orthotic appliances
- Peak-flow meter
- Pharmacy drugs
- Podiatry consultations
- Psychological consultations
- Speech therapy
What is not covered by HIF Premium Options?
Whilst HIF Premium Options covers vital medical services, it doesn’t cover things such as:
- Transportation from hospital to home, nursing home or other hospital (except for inter-hospital transfers that relate to an emergency or new illness, as approved by HIF)
- Transport for ongoing medical treatment
- Off-road or air ambulance services
What are the waiting periods applied for HIF Premium Options?
Waiting periods are kept to a minimum with HIF Premium Options:
- Up to 12 months for dental
- 12 months for blood glucose/pressure monitors, nebulisers/humidifiers, orthotic appliances and psychological consultations
- 36 months for assisted reproduction drugs
- 36 months for hearing aids
- 2 months for other services
Who is eligible?
HIF Premium Options Health Insurance is suitable for older people and couples who need more specialised medical treatments.
Making a claim
- Claim on the spot using your HIF member card
- Claim via HIF's SmartClaim mobile app, which you can find via hif.com.au
- Jump onto hif.com.au and download the HIF Claim Form, which you can then fax to (08) 9328 1685, email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to GPO Box X2221, Perth, WA 6000
- If you need help making a claim you can call HIF on 1300 134 060
Q: How do I know which contracted private hospitals are linked with HIF?
- A: You can jump onto hif.com.au, email them directly at email@example.com or call 1300 134 060 where you can speak to a customer service representative.
Q: Who does the HIF Premium Options cover best suit?
- A: This is more appropriate for retirees and older couples who need more medical treatment and attention.