Hospital insurance for singles and couples from just $1.66 a day
HIF GoldVital Hospital Insurance is specifically tailored to singles and couples who need medical treatment for accidental injuries. This policy covers vital medical services that are often caused by an external force. This means immediate medical treatment within a day of the accident occurring. In the case of an emergency it means you’re covered and it won’t eat up your money excessively. It’s Australia’s lowest-costing cover available starting at just $1.66 a day.
Health Insurance Fund of Australia or HIF is a leading provider ofcost-effectivee health insurance cover. You can get the most bang for your buck by choosing either vital, saver, special, super or premium options depending on the level of health cover you need.
What does HIF GoldVital Hospital cover?
With GoldVital Hospital cover, you’re eligible for:
- Hospital charges for the surgical removal of tonsils, adenoids and wisdom teeth
- Minor gynaecological procedures
- Theatre fees
- AccessGap Cover (meaning minimal to no out-of-pocket expenses. Check HIF’s website at hif.com.au to see who is a participating specialist)
- Same-day theatre and accommodation
- Intensive care
- Shared room in a public hospital or contracted private room in private hospital
- Joint reconstruction and investigation
What is not covered by HIF GoldVital Hospital?
Whilst GoldVital Hospital covers vital medical services, it doesn’t cover things such as:
- Spinal fusion
- Cosmetic services (such as liposuction, tummy-tuck and facial enhancements, or anything deemed by Medicare to be cosmetic, which does not allow a Medicare rebate)
- Eye surgery
- Dialysis and renal kidney failure
- Cardiac heart conditions (including procedures and monitoring, heart bypass surgery, angiograms and coronary care)
- Assisted reproductive surgery such as IVF
- Gastric banding
- Non-Medicare services
- Ambulance cover
What excess options are available for HIF GoldVital Hospital?
$500 is the standard excess per person per admission. This can rise to $1,000 a year. This includes both overnight and same day admissions.
What are the waiting periods applied for HIF GoldVital Hospital?
Waiting periods are kept to a minimum with GoldVital Hospital cover:
- A day for treatment for an emergency
- 2 months for general hospitalisation claims
- 12 months for all treatments related to any pre-existing illness or condition (whether you knew or not) diagnosed by a medical practitioner as appointed by the fund
Who is eligible?
Singles and couples are the only people eligible for HIF GoldVital Hospital cover.
Making a claim
- All hospital accounts will be directly forwarded to HIF on your behalf. Should you receive a hospital account, you can post it directly to HIF at Reply Paid X2221, Perth, WA 6847
- You can also call HIF on 1300 134 060 if you need help making a claim OR
- You can jump onto hif.com.au and download the HIF Claim Form
Q: How do I know which contracted private hospitals are linked with HIF?
- A: You can jump onto hif.com.au, email them directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 134 060 where you can speak to a customer service representative.
Q: What are some ineligible services and providers?
- A: You can jump onto hif.com.au to find out who is listed by HIF and determine who isn’t covered.