HIF's premium hospital insurance covers your whole family from $3.32 a day
HIF GoldStar Hospital Insurance is a premium hospital insurance option perfect for the whole family. It means private rooms and full coverage for everything. It’s HIF's most expensive cover, costing you from $3.32 a day.
Health Insurance Fund of Australia or HIF is a leading provider of cost effective health insurance cover. You can get the most bang for your buck by choosing either vital, saver, special, super or premium options depending on the level of health cover you need.
What does HIF GoldStar Hospital cover?
With GoldStar Hospital cover, you have access to all services including:
- Private room in a private (or public) hospital
- Intensive care
- Theatre care
- Same-day theatre and accommodation
- Pharmacy drugs
- Palliative care (disease)
- Cardio thoracic (heart/chest)
- Psychiatric care and treatment
- Joint replacement, reconstruction and investigation
- Assisted reproductive technology such as IVF
- Eye surgery (non-cosmetic)
- Gastric banding and obesity surgery
- AccessGap Cover (meaning minimal to no out-of-pocket expenses. Check HIF’s website at hif.com.au to see who is a participating specialist)
What does HIF GoldStar Hospital not cover?
- Cosmetic surgery (as deemed by Medicare and that doesn’t allow a Medicare rebate)
- Ambulance cover (apart from emergency services)
What excess options are available for HIF GoldStar Hospital?
You can choose a standard excess of $200, $400 or $500 per person per admission. This can rise to $400, $800 or $1,000 respectively per year.
What are the waiting periods applied for HIF GoldStar Hospital?
Waiting periods are kept to a minimum with GoldStar Hospital:
- 2 months for general hospitalisation claims
- 12 months for all treatments related to any pre-existing illness or condition (whether you knew or not) diagnosed by a medical practitioner as appointed by the fund
- 12 months for obstetric-related services
Who is eligible?
Family members are eligible for HIF GoldStar Hospital cover.
Making a claim
- All hospital accounts will be directly forwarded to HIF on your behalf. Should you receive a hospital account, you can post it directly to HIF at Reply Paid X2221, Perth, WA 6847
- You can also call HIF on 1300 134 060 if you need help making a claim OR
- You can jump onto hif.com.au and download the HIF Claim Form
Q: How do I know which contracted private hospitals are linked with HIF?
- A: You can jump onto hif.com.au, email them directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 134 060 where you can speak to a customer service representative.
Q: What are some ineligible services and providers?
- A: You can jump onto hif.com.au to find out who is listed by HIF and determine who isn’t covered.