Hospital insurance for young couples and families starting from $2.76 a day
HIF GoldSaver Hospital Insurance is great for young couples and families who will be utilising maternity cover. Provided they're not requiring heart procedures or joint replacement surgery, it’s a suitable cover starting from $2.76 a day.
Health Insurance Fund of Australia or HIF is a leading provider of cost effective health insurance cover. You can get the most bang for your buck by choosing either vital, saver, special, super or premium options depending on the level of health cover you need.
What does HIF GoldSaver Hospital cover?
With GoldSaver Hospital cover, you’re eligible for:
- Shared room in a private or public hospital
- Private room for maternity services (up to three days)
- Intensive care
- Theatre care
- Same-day accommodation
- Same-day theatre
- Pharmacy drugs
- AccessGap Cover (meaning minimal to no out-of-pocket expenses. Check HIF’s website at hif.com.au to see who is a participating specialist)
What is not covered by HIF GoldSaver Hospital?
Whilst GoldSaver Hospital covers vital medical services, it doesn’t cover things such as:
- Cosmetic services (such as liposuction, tummy-tuck and facial enhancements, or anything deemed by Medicare to be cosmetic, which does not allow a Medicare rebate)
- Gastric banding and obesity surgery
- Ambulance (except for emergency services)
What excess options are available for HIF GoldSaver Hospital?
$200 is the standard excess per person per admission. This can rise to $400 a year.
What are the waiting periods applied for HIF GoldSaver Hospital?
Waiting periods are kept to a minimum with GoldSaver Hospital cover:
- 2 months for general hospitalisation claims
- 12 months for all treatments related to any pre-existing illness or condition (whether you knew or not) diagnosed by a medical practitioner as appointed by the fund
- 12 months for all obstetric-related services
Who is eligible?
Young couples and families are eligible for the HIF GoldSaver Hospital cover.
Making a claim
- All hospital accounts will be directly forwarded to HIF on your behalf. Should you receive a hospital account, you can post it directly to HIF at Reply Paid X2221, Perth, WA 6847
- You can also call HIF on 1300 134 060 if you need help making a claim OR
- You can jump onto hif.com.au and download the HIF Claim Form
Q: How do I know which contracted private hospitals are linked with HIF?
- A: You can jump onto hif.com.au, email them directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 134 060 where you can speak to a customer service representative.
Q: What are some ineligible services and providers?
- A: You can jump onto hif.com.au to find out who is listed by HIF and determine who isn’t covered.