Hideo Kojima is heading to Sydney in February
The video game industry's favourite cinephile is coming Down Under.
It's not common that Australia is at the forefront of pop culture. When it comes to video games, cinema and music, we're more often than not last to know thanks to our whack time difference.
The long-haul flight also means it's difficult (and expensive) to transfer celebrities to and from our isolated little island. So imagine our absolute glee when we found out Kojima will be heading to Sydney in in February for Rooster Teeth's RTX event.
This an especially exciting time for Rooster Teeth to be hosting the Godfather of Metal Gear Solid. After his last game with his beloved Metal Gear series, Kojima exited publisher Konami in one of the most controversial moves in recent video game history. He's since started his own studio Kojima Productions, which is working on the upcoming Death Stranding with Norman Reedus. Death Stranding's insane trailer was first revealed at E3 2016, and while we don't know much else about the action-adventure just yet, there's no doubt it will be a huge talking point when Kojima lands in Aus.
This news comes just weeks after a sequel was announced for Kojima's favourite game of 2014, Framed, and one week after Framed 2 blew us away at PAX AUS 2016.
Rooster Teeth is running from 5 to 7 February 2017. Tickets are available now.
- The complete list of developers and publishers showing games at Gamescom 2017
- Where and when to watch every Gamescom 2017 stream in Australia
- Handy Xbox One update lets you search for 4K, HDR and Xbox One X enhanced games.
- Quake Champions frags into Early Access next week
- Blizzard will reveal a new map and an animated short for Overwatch at Gamescom