Hide.Me Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
How to use Hide.Me’s VPN to access restricted content such as Netflix (US), BBC iPlayer, Hulu Plus and more.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Hide.Me is a VPN provider that will set you up with an account and provide support to do so. It has a slick website, a blog full of tips on online security, and an affordable pricing scheme.The organization is based in Malaysia, where companies are not required by law to track subscriber activity. Due to this they can guarantee users a high level of security. Using a VPN service like hide.me is the easiest way to access restricted content, such as Netflix’s US content library (far bigger than Australia’s one). It’s also a way to protect yourself from hackers stealing sensitive information.
Want all the TV shows and movies? You can get a free trial with each of the streaming internet tv providers below:
Hide Me promo codes and discount vouchers April 2021
What are Hide.Me's pricing and plans?
Choose from three different hide.me plans.
|0 per month||Starting from 9.99 USD per month||Starting from 4.99 USD per month|
|3 locations||30+ locations||30+ locations|
|Best effort bandwidth||Unlimited bandwidth||Unlimited bandwidth|
|2 GB data transfer||Unlimited data transfer||75 GB data transfer|
|Limited protocol support||Full protocol support||Full protocol support|
|1 simultaneous connection||5 simultaneous connections||1 simultaneous connection|
|No port forwarding||Port forwarding||No port forwarding|
What operating systems can you use Hide.Me on?
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- OS X
- Windows Phone 8.1
How to set up Hide.Me on a Mac
- Go to ‘System Preferences’ and click on ‘Network’.
- Click on ‘Plus’ in the lower left hand corner.
- In the box that pops up, select ‘VPN’ as the interface, and ‘Cisco IPSec’ as the VPN type. Set the service name to ‘Canada VPM’.
- Set as ‘Server Address’: free-ca.hide.me, your username as ‘Account Name’, and tick ‘Show VPN status in menu bar’.
- Click on ‘Authentication Settings’
- Enter hide.io as ‘Shared Secret’. Click ‘Okay’ and ‘Advanced’.
- Click on ‘Apply’.
- To establish your VPN connection, click on ‘connect’.
- Congrats! You should be done. If your connection has been successfully established, the status will be shown in the menu bar.
Hide.Me VPN pros and cons
- Access to restricted content and resources. Get Netflix (US), Hulu, Amazon Plus, BBC iPlayer, and more.
- Guides and assistance available. Setting up a VPN isn’t easy for everyone. hide.me has plenty of guides and support available to get you through the process.
- Secure your Wi-Fi. Take the steps you need to protect from government surveillance and identity theft.
- Strong encryption. Secure important information like passwords and bank details that hackers often target.
- Discounts for up front payments. Pay for one year in advance, and receive discounts of up to 45%.
- Cost. If you plan to use your VPN frequently, you may need to consider one of the payment options.
- Complicated to set up. If you’re not tech savvy, setting up a VPN can be a complicated purpose.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: 55% off Lay-Z Inflatable Spas, $899 Macbook Air laptops, 36% off Nespresso coffee machines.
Best energy provider in Australia
Learn how to compare energy providers in your state with our free online tool.
D-Link COVR-X1873 Review: Fast and capable mesh networking
D-Link’s COVR-X1873 provides superb mesh networking coverage for even the trickiest home or office spots, although it might be overkill for some users.
Best men’s watches in Australia
These are the six best men's watches you can buy right now in Australia.
How to watch 2020 Bathurst 1000 live online in Australia
The 2020 Bathurst 1000 race is on this weekend, here's a full preview and details on how to see all the action.
Best antivirus software in Australia for 2021
Protect all your devices on Windows, Android, Mac and more with the best antivirus software for 2020, including free programs.
Ring Video Doorbell 2nd Generation review
Ring's updated low-cost video doorbell is easy to install and provides great video monitoring, but the switch to a fixed battery makes it somewhat a downgrade as well.
Best free VPN trials in 2020
Looking to sign up for a new VPN provider? You can trial these VPNs without paying a cent.ommitting yourself financially.
The 5 best cheap VPNs for 2020
Low-cost VPNs aren't always low value. Read our list of the best budget VPNs available today and find out what features they offer.
NordVPN review: Price, performance, features compared
NordVPN is a super fast VPN with double-encrypted data and some fancy tools like "Secret Notes" and "Encrypted Chat".