Free membership for 30 days
Hide.Me Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
How to use Hide.Me’s VPN to access restricted content such as Netflix (US), BBC iPlayer, Hulu Plus and more.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Hide.Me is a VPN provider that will set you up with an account and provide support to do so. It has a slick website, a blog full of tips on online security, and an affordable pricing scheme.The organization is based in Malaysia, where companies are not required by law to track subscriber activity. Due to this they can guarantee users a high level of security. Using a VPN service like hide.me is the easiest way to access restricted content, such as Netflix’s US content library (far bigger than Australia’s one). It’s also a way to protect yourself from hackers stealing sensitive information.
Want all the TV shows and movies? You can get a free trial with each of the streaming internet tv providers below:
Hide Me promo codes and discount vouchers September 2021
What are Hide.Me's pricing and plans?
Choose from three different hide.me plans.
|0 per month||Starting from 9.99 USD per month||Starting from 4.99 USD per month|
|3 locations||30+ locations||30+ locations|
|Best effort bandwidth||Unlimited bandwidth||Unlimited bandwidth|
|2 GB data transfer||Unlimited data transfer||75 GB data transfer|
|Limited protocol support||Full protocol support||Full protocol support|
|1 simultaneous connection||5 simultaneous connections||1 simultaneous connection|
|No port forwarding||Port forwarding||No port forwarding|
What operating systems can you use Hide.Me on?
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- OS X
- Windows Phone 8.1
How to set up Hide.Me on a Mac
- Go to ‘System Preferences’ and click on ‘Network’.
- Click on ‘Plus’ in the lower left hand corner.
- In the box that pops up, select ‘VPN’ as the interface, and ‘Cisco IPSec’ as the VPN type. Set the service name to ‘Canada VPM’.
- Set as ‘Server Address’: free-ca.hide.me, your username as ‘Account Name’, and tick ‘Show VPN status in menu bar’.
- Click on ‘Authentication Settings’
- Enter hide.io as ‘Shared Secret’. Click ‘Okay’ and ‘Advanced’.
- Click on ‘Apply’.
- To establish your VPN connection, click on ‘connect’.
- Congrats! You should be done. If your connection has been successfully established, the status will be shown in the menu bar.
Hide.Me VPN pros and cons
- Access to restricted content and resources. Get Netflix (US), Hulu, Amazon Plus, BBC iPlayer, and more.
- Guides and assistance available. Setting up a VPN isn’t easy for everyone. hide.me has plenty of guides and support available to get you through the process.
- Secure your Wi-Fi. Take the steps you need to protect from government surveillance and identity theft.
- Strong encryption. Secure important information like passwords and bank details that hackers often target.
- Discounts for up front payments. Pay for one year in advance, and receive discounts of up to 45%.
- Cost. If you plan to use your VPN frequently, you may need to consider one of the payment options.
- Complicated to set up. If you’re not tech savvy, setting up a VPN can be a complicated purpose.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Best fake AirPods in Australia
These are the 6 best fake AirPods you can buy right now in Australia.
Term Life Insurance in Australia
Find out how term life insurance actually works and receive quotes for cover securely.
Nexo review: Is it safe for high interest returns?
Nexo is a cryptocurrency lending and borrowing platform that offers high interest rates on cryptocurrencies, stablecoins and fiat. We review the features available and look at how safe your funds would be on the platform.
AscendEX (BitMax) Cryptocurrency Exchange Review
A complete review of the AscendEX exchange, covering trading and DeFi features, associated fees, regulation and security. Is AscendEX right for you?
OpenSea review and guide
An in-depth review and guide to buying and selling NFTs on OpenSea.
RelayPay cryptocurrency card and app
FInd out about how RelayPay works, what cryptos and fiat currencies it supports, the fees for using it and safety information.
Best NAS drives in Australia
Upgrade your home storage with one of the best NAS devices available on store shelves here in Australia.
Best SSDs in Australia
Speed up your system with one of the best SSDs you can buy right now in Australia.
Best Fitbit fitness trackers and smartwatches in Australia
Here are the top Fitbit devices you can get your hands on here in Australia.
Best foundation for mature skin in Australia
We read hundreds of customer reviews to find the best foundations for mature skin you can buy online and in-store in Australia.