Hertz promo codes for April 2021
Hertz is one of the most recognised vehicle rental companies globally. Take advantage of their specials and services with these promo codes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Hertz promo codes:
Hertz' coronavirus (COVID-19) cancellation and changes policy update
As of 18 March 2020, Hertz is offering existing customers with a pre-paid bookings made prior to 13 March 2020 the option to cancel their reservation. The cancellation will not incur penalties and the balance will be transferred to use for a future booking that must take place within 24 months of rebooking.
For travellers interesting in making future bookings with Hertz, the company allows you to pay for your rental when you pick it up to avoid cancellation fees.
What services does Hertz provide?
- Hertz On Demand: Currently only available in Sydney, On Demand offers 24/7 access to a vehicle without the costs of owning one. Pay only for the time you use, not more. All costs are included in the rate, including petrol.
- Hertz 24/7: A self-service car rental service with unlimited kilometres available to Hertz members (membership is free to join). Fees start at $10 per hour and include all on-road costs, including petrol.
- Hertz Truck Rental: The Hertz truck, bus, and 4WD rental is ideal for when you need something a little tougher and a little more industrial to get the job done.
- Hertz Prestige Collection: For the most discerning customers, the Hertz Prestige collection offers a range of stylish BMWs.
- Hertz Flexicar: A Melbourne based car sharing service that keeps more cars off the road and keeps the pressure of car ownership off your wallet, too.
- Hertz Rent2Buy: A new way to try before you buy, the Hertz Rent2Buy service allows would-be new car owners to test out a new vehicle for a few days with a no-pressure option to buy at the end of the rental period.
- Hertz Mystery Vehicle: Renting a mystery vehicle is a great way to save on Hertz services. All vehicles come fully equipped with all of the features you would expect from a premium fleet Hertz rental. For surprise-lovers.
Hertz Review | Pros and Cons
- Range of car rental and service options to fit in with a range of lifestyles and needs.
- Hertz is a global company with multiple locations worldwide. This means you can make use of their services while you are on the road.
- All car expenses are included in many car rental costs – even petrol!
- Dedicated discounts and sales section online. Just click ‘Discounts and Coupons’ on the top menu to see what’s available.
- While Hertz do have a pick-up service, it’s only available 15 minutes drive from your specified Hertz centre. You will still need to get close enough to be picked up and taken to your car if you wish to use this service.
Hertz Locations - Where can I find Hertz in the world?
You can find Hertz in almost 150 countries worldwide including Europe, North and South America, The Middle East, Asia, and Oceania.
Hertz Excess and Excess Reduction
Accident Excess is the amount you may be liable to pay in the event of an accident. Usually you can reduce this amount, called Accident Excess Reduction (AER, by paying slightly more for the hourly, daily, or monthly rental fee. MAX or AER does not apply to accessories. Your excess amount is noted and accepted by you on the rental form, as part of the agreement between you and Hertz.
How do I pick up my rental from Hertz?
When you make a reservation with Hertz, you will first be invited to select a pick-up location. In Australia, Hertz offices are located in every capital city, airport and major town, and in every state and territory.
To pick up a car, you will need ID, your driver’s licence and a credit card.
Hertz can also deliver vehicles if arrangements are made more than 24 hours prior to the pick-up time, or you can arrange to be picked up and driven to the closest Hertz centre to collect your car. Pick-up is only available within 15 minutes drive from the Hertz centre you have selected.
What forms of payment does Hertz accept?
- American Express
- Diners Club
- Hertz Card
What do I need to know about Hertz?
Does Hertz offer a pick-up service?
Hertz offers a free pick-up and drop-off service at select non-airport locations in the US. Unfortunately the service isn't available in Australia. If you're booking for pick-up in the US, when you're booking your hire car, look out for the letters HLE listed for the location. This means you'll be able to arrange a pick-up and drop-off with that location.
Does Hertz have unlimited miles/kilometres?
At most urban locations in Australia, Hertz rentals don't limit the number of kilometres per day or per rental. If you're picking up a car in a more remote area, you may be limited to 100 free kilometres per day.
How do I cancel or modify my reservation with Hertz?
To view cancel or modify a reservation just click on the reservation tab on the main menu and click ‘View/ Cancel/ Modify Reservation’. Enter your confirmation number and your surname and hit continue to display your booking.
What happens if there's damage to the car?
If you get into an accident or your rental vehicle is stolen or damaged in use, you will have to pay an excess charge. This charge can be upwards of $6,000, depending on the car and the rental company.
What options do I have to remove or reduce rental excess?
You can remove or reduce your excess completely with the following options:
1. Pay for an excess waiver with the car rental company
The cost of this will vary depending on the destination you're in and it's usually charged at a daily rate. Some rental companies may only let you reduce a part of your excess charge.
2. Buy car rental excess insurance
3. Buy travel insurance with car rental excess cover
Travel insurance policies typically include car rental excess cover automatically and with cover up to $6,000. The benefit of getting rental excess through travel insurance is that you also get travel insurance cover!
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: 35% off Dungeons & Dragons, 50% off New Balance shoes, Cheap Echo Show 5 smart home hubs.
Fitness First promo codes and coupons April 2021
Grab a discount code and cut costs on a Fitness First gym membership today.
Campervan hire on the Sunshine Coast | Where to book, what to know
Encounter wildlife, regional treats and sandy shores with your caravan hire on the Sunshine Coast.
Campervan hire in Hobart | Where to book, what to know
Make the most of the great outdoors by comparing your options and the latest deals for campervan hire in Hobart.
Campervan hire in Brisbane | Where to book, what to know
Ready to explore the wonders of Queensland? Here’s our guide on hiring a campervan from Brisbane.
Campervan hire in Tasmania | Where to book, what to know
Got the wanderlust? Explore the rugged Tasmanian wilderness with a campervan to suit your needs.
Campervan hire in Sydney | Where to book, what to know
Find your perfect home on wheels with campervan rentals in The Harbour City.
Campervan hire in Perth | Where to book, what to know
Whether you’re headed into the outback or along the coast, make your trip that bit smoother with the perfect campervan.
Black Friday car hire deals for 2021
Get up to 50% off your next overland adventure with these Black Friday rental car offers.
Find the right vehicle for your circumstances with Georgie. Georgie is an Aussie car buying service dedicated to finding the best car for you, at a great price.
Ask an Expert