A loan option for borrowers wanting basic features and discounted interest rates
If you’re looking for a home loan with competitive rates and flexible features you might want to consider the Heritage Bank Discount Variable Home Loan. This home loan is designed for borrowers who are simply looking for a basic loan that gives them access to a range of competitive features.
This loan gives you a variable home loan rate with the option of making interest-only payments or principal and interest payments, depending on your needs. There’s the possibility of getting an advance on your loan and a redraw facility is also available.
No application fee - limited time offer
New customers taking out an eligible Heritage Bank discount variable or fixed rate home loan can avoid the $600 application fee. Borrowers taking out a Home Advantage Package loan can avoid the annual package fee for the first year.
You must apply between 18 February and 30 April 2019, with settlement by 30 June 2019. Other conditions may apply.
|Product Name||Heritage Bank Discount Variable Home Loan|
|Interest Rate Type||Variable|
|Comp Rate^ (p.a.)|
|Minimum Loan Amount||$150,000|
|Minimum Loan Term||1 year|
|Maximum Loan Term||30 years|
|Maximum Insured LVR||95%|
|Mortgage Offset Account||No|
|Mortgage 100% Offset||No|
|Loan Redraw Facility||Yes|
|Split Loan Facility||Yes|
|Suitable for Investment||Yes|
|Available as equity loan/line of credit||No|
|Repayment Type||Principal & Interest and Interest Only Options|
|Lender's Legal Fee||$0|
|Ongoing Fees||$0 p.a.|
- Competitive interest rate
- Unlimited redraws
- No monthly fees
- No offset account
Details to consider about the Heritage Bank Discount Variable Home Loan.
The Heritage Bank Discount Variable Loan is available for owner occupiers and investors. It offers flexible repayment options, including the option to make interest-only payments. It offers a redraw facility, but does not come with a 100% offset account.
Features of the Heritage Bank Discount Variable Home Loan
- Minimum amount. You must borrow at least $150,000 when taking out this loan.
- Interest-only option. You can make interest-only repayments on this loan for as many as five years. This will reduce your loan repayment amount, but won’t see any of your principal paid off.
- Repayment options. Borrowers have flexible repayment options with Heritage Bank as you can choose to make principal and interest or interest-only repayments. You can also make lump sum repayments or simply pay your loan back ahead of your term without facing penalties.
- Redraw facility. You can get access to any extra repayments you’ve made through the loan's redraw facility. There are fees involved with these transactions.
- Split loan options. You can split this loan into fixed and variable rates, giving you some of the benefit of both types of rates.
- Application fee. The Discount Variable Home Loan comes with an application fee of $600.
- First valuation fee. You don't have to pay for the first valuation of your property, as Heritage Bank will cover the cost up to a value of $330. If the valuation cost exceeds this amount, you will be required to cover the extra amount.
Estimate your repayments by filling in some of your details
How to apply for the Heritage Bank Discount Variable Home Loan
In order to be eligible for this loan, you need to be:
- 18 years old: You must be at least 18 years old and you will be required to produce proof of age when applying for the loan.
- An Australian resident: You have to be a permanent Australian resident to qualify for this loan.
With regards to your financial information, the bank will require:
- Your savings history: Your savings account statements and other documents may be required.
- Proof of income: If employed, you will need to provide your employment/salary letter, gross basic wage and tax returns. For self-employed borrowers, you will need to produce personal tax returns, financial statements for the past two years and a recent assessment notice. Other documents may be required.
The Heritage Bank Discount Variable Home Loan is an option for borrowers who want competitive rates and flexible features. You can compare the loan options available with other home loan providers to get the best deal.