The activities and experiences to book for maximum hen’s party success – and minimum fuss and mess.
When it comes to hen’s parties, there’s no hard and fast rule (we’ll leave that to the bedroom, right ladies?). They can be whatever you and the bride want them to be. The only rule is that she has the time of her single life.
Which means it’s OK to ditch the dick-fest. No, really.
If that’s the path you’re choosing to take, there are plenty of experiences and activities in Sydney and its surrounds she can share with her ladies to send her off in style.
1. High Tea
Kitchen teas are so last century. High teas, now that’s where it’s at. It means the ladies can converse, munch on delectable delights and dress-up in period clothing if they wish - it makes for one beautiful send-off photo.
Country High Tea from finder.com.au
Flavours of the ValleyHighlights:
- Bake and make your own delectable treats which you can then eat afterwards
- Complimentary freshly made lemonade upon arrival
- Country High Tea event is available every two-months, so book and plan early!
$59 for High Tea, Cocktails and Chocolate Fountain for Two People in the 5-Star Swissôtel Sydney, CBD
Bockers & Pony
High Tea, Styling Session and Shopping in the City - For 2
High Tea Cruise on Sydney Harbour
2. Foodie experiences
Open up the food selection with a gourmet food experience in or outside of town. Think quality cheese and wines and small bar tours to get the creative juices flowing.
Australian Artisan Cheese and Wine Experience on Fort Denison from finder.com.au
McIntosh and Bowman CheesemongersHighlights:
- Includes transport to and from Fort Denison
- Includes Australian sparkling on arrival, three canapes, 10 Australian farmhouse cheeses and three Australian wines and beers
- Sets sail twice monthly on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays depending
Sydney Forsyth Coffee Hunt Walking Tour
Eat/Drink/Walk Sydney (small bar tour)
3. Water adventures
Who needs studs afloat when you can gather your hen’s for a Champagne cruise with all the trimmings.
Under the Sydney Harbour Bridge Kayak Adventure
Cruise Like a Local Luncheon Cruise
4. Spa and luxury day
Massage, Absolute Spa Ritual, 2 Hours - Coffs Harbour
Fashion Wardrobe Makeover & Fashion Styling at Home, 3 hours - Sydney
5. Something a little left of centre
discoDTours The Rocks from finder.com.au
- Dance through and around Sydney's most famous icons to disco and modern hits
- Dance to your own beat in a one-hour silent disco
- No dancing experience required! Just a penchant to let loose and have fun!
Indoor Paintball and Indoor Go Karting Combo - Sydney
Private VIP Guided Tour of SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium
Indoor Skydiving Sydney, iFLY Family & Friends Package (10 Flights)
Little extras that’ll make the day that much more extravagant
Why stop at the activity? Go all out for your girlfriend by booking these on the day:
- An UberLUX or UberSUV: Live the celebrity lifestyle on a budget by booking a swanky ride through Uber. Calculate your fare and book one online.
- A hotel room: A night on the town deserves to end in a comfortable bed where the following morning you can be spoiled for choice at the hotel buffet. Shop smart by finding the best price for the most opulent hotel here.
- A thank you party favour: This is always a nice gesture and doesn’t have to be anything big. Try Etsy for size for something unique that suits the occasion and the group of girls invited.