Hen’s night ideas in Sydney
The activities and experiences to book for maximum hen’s party success – and minimum fuss and mess.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
When it comes to hen’s parties, there’s no hard and fast rule (we’ll leave that to the bedroom, right ladies?). They can be whatever you and the bride want them to be. The only rule is that she has the time of her single life.
Which means it’s OK to ditch the dick-fest. No, really.
If that’s the path you’re choosing to take, there are plenty of experiences and activities in Sydney and its surrounds she can share with her ladies to send her off in style.
1. High tea
Kitchen teas are so last century. High teas, now that’s where it’s at. It means the ladies can converse, munch on delectable delights and dress-up in period clothing if they wish - it makes for one beautiful send-off photo.
Country High Tea from finder.com.au
Flavours of the ValleyHighlights:
- Bake and make your own delectable treats which you can then eat afterwards
- Complimentary freshly made lemonade upon arrival
- Country High Tea event is available every two-months, so book and plan early!
$59 for High Tea, Cocktails and Chocolate Fountain for Two People in the 5-Star Swissôtel Sydney, CBD
High Tea, Styling Session and Shopping in the City - For 2
High Tea Cruise on Sydney Harbour
2. Strip show
It's a classic hen's activity and one that could very well suit your bride-to-be's style. Bring your best gals, choose a dress theme and hit the strip club for a wild night out. Complete with celebratory champagne and the hottest studs in town, naturally.
Magic Men Live Sydney from finder.com.au
Magic Men AustraliaHighlights:
- 3.5-hour strip show, available every Saturday evening
- All tickets include show, a glass of champagne and finger food served by hunky waiters
- Different ticket levels available with higher levels including priority access and premium seating
3. Foodie experiences
Open up the food selection with a gourmet food experience in or outside of town. Think quality cheese and wines and small bar tours to get the creative juices flowing.
Australian Artisan Cheese and Wine Experience on Fort Denison from finder.com.au
McIntosh and Bowman CheesemongersHighlights:
- Includes transport to and from Fort Denison
- Includes Australian sparkling on arrival, three canapes, 10 Australian farmhouse cheeses and three Australian wines and beers
- Sets sail twice monthly on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays depending
Sydney Forsyth Coffee Hunt Walking Tour
Eat/Drink/Walk Sydney (small bar tour)
Build Your Own Team Building Cooking Class
4. Water adventures
Who needs studs afloat when you can gather your hens for a Champagne cruise with all the trimmings? Not your party. Choose from more active on-the-water adventures to cruises with just you and your gal pals.
Under the Sydney Harbour Bridge Kayak Adventure
Cruise Like a Local Luncheon Cruise
Private Yacht Charter in Sydney
Why take a taxi from place to place when you can treat the party to an Uber Black or an Uber Lux? If you're not ones for luxury, consider grabbing an UberXL to get the whole group there in one go. Plus, we'll get you $20 off your first ride so you can save your cash for the party
5. Spa and luxury day
Spa dates and makeovers are a fabulous way to feel pampered from head to toe. Afterall, there's nothing nicer than being kind to yourself. Plus, while someone else works the kinks in your body or restyles your look you can catch up with your girlfriends/hens.
Hot Oil Massage and Express Mani/Pedi
Massage, Absolute Spa Ritual, 2 Hours - Coffs Harbour
Fashion Wardrobe Makeover & Fashion Styling at Home, 3 hours - Sydney
6. Something a little left of centre
Looking for the ultimate in unique experiences? Whatever type of woman she is - from adrenaline junkie to animal lover - these hen's party ideas are bound to delight.
discoDTours The Rocks from finder.com.au
- Dance through and around Sydney's most famous icons to disco and modern hits
- Dance to your own beat in a one-hour silent disco
- No dancing experience required! Just a penchant to let loose and have fun!
Indoor Paintball and Indoor Go Karting Combo - Sydney
Private VIP Guided Tour of SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium
Indoor Skydiving Sydney, iFLY Family & Friends Package (10 Flights)
Little extras that’ll make the day that much more extravagant
Why stop at the activity? Go all out for your girlfriend by booking these on the day:
- An UberLUX or UberSUV: Live the celebrity lifestyle on a budget by booking a swanky ride through Uber. Calculate your fare and book one online.
- A hotel room: A night on the town deserves to end in a comfortable bed where the following morning you can be spoiled for choice at the hotel buffet. Shop smart by finding the best price for the most opulent hotel here.
- A thank you party favour: This is always a nice gesture and doesn’t have to be anything big. Try Etsy for size for something unique that suits the occasion and the group of girls invited.
Deals and coupons for hen's parties
More guides on Finder
Things to do on Boxing Day in Perth
Here are the top experiences you can book on Boxing Day to make the most of your day off. Plus, discover the restaurants, cafes and bars open, too.
Black Friday vs Prime Day vs Boxing Day: Where are the best deals?
This year's shopping season is about to kick off with three huge sales on the immediate horizon: Amazon Prime Day, Black Friday and Boxing Day. Here are the best times to buy.
Top craft ideas to keep kids entertained in isolation
Self-isolating with kids? We've rounded up 30 great craft ideas from Pinterest to help keep them entertained.
How to celebrate a birthday while in isolation
We’ve got you covered with this guide filled with fun activities to keep you busy on your special day.
How to celebrate Mother’s Day while in isolation
Stumped for ideas on how to celebrate Mother’s Day in isolation? We’ve thought outside of the box so you can have a Mother’s Day to remember.
What’s open in Sydney: Bars, restaurants and attractions
Here are the shopping centres and public spaces that are still open in Sydney. Looking for a bite to eat? See your dine-in and takeaway restaurant options. Plus, find out what restrictions have been lifted in NSW.
Cupshe discount codes and coupons January 2021 | Extra 20% off instantly
Want to wow next time you hit the beach? Check out the latest on-trend swimwear styles at Cupshe right now and make the most of the exclusive, active promo codes listed right here. Happy shopping!
Party cruises in Sydney that’ll really rock your boat
Make it a night to remember with these Sydney Harbour party cruises that will get you up and dancing the night away.
Kitchen tea gifts for the modern bride 2021
The gift guide you need for kitchen-ready gifts that the bride will be sure to love.
Perfect gifts for a bridal shower 2021
Have you been invited to a bridal shower? These are the perfect gifts for the modern bride.
Ask an Expert